Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

So what do you think they'll find tonight is the 21' opening?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
"A piece of wood!? On oak Island!??"

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now
gently caress all except a couple of Limestone cavities. Robert Dunfield beat them to this back in the '60s.

Edit:

Although I do love the show and watch it religiously every week and hope they find something. (Although I fast-forward over the templar/ark/bollocks bits and usually end up with about 10 minutes of interesting viewing)

mr_jolly fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jan 3, 2017

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Here we go! An hour of some bullllshhiiitttt

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
The fact they don't actually do real archaeological excavation is kinda dumb. If they pull up a 17th century coin they have no idea when it was dropped there. The whole point of doing soil samples and slowly working through different layers of dirt is so you can have some context of when the object got there. They just walk around with the metal detectors and dig poo poo up. I only worked on one archaeological excavation but the real archaeologists absolutely loving hated metal detector people.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I missed 45 minutes of the show did they find any dignity yet?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I bet they find the treasure and the guys on the next show find Hitler on the same week.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Boinks posted:

I bet they find the treasure and the guys on the next show find Hitler on the same week.

Aliens, in league with the Knights Templar, buried Hitler on Oak Island at the direction of Francis Bacon.

mincedgarlic
Jan 4, 2005

I've been blown up, take me to the hospital.

Sash! posted:

Aliens, in league with the Knights Templar, buried Hitler on Oak Island at the direction of Francis Bacon.

It's all so obvious.

I can't stop watching this show despite the lack of any meaningful find. A friend of mine refers to it as The Curse of Next Week. I know it's an insane waste of money but there's something cool about the willingness to chase a dream.

I haven't listened to this interview but I found this poorly written blog post about one of the crew members' mysterious death. Apparently it was never mentioned or acknowledged in the actual show. I think this guy's assertion is that History doesn't want to change the show intro or something.

https://historyheretic.org/2015/10/29/oak-island-victim-matt-chisholm/

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

mincedgarlic posted:

It's all so obvious.

I can't stop watching this show despite the lack of any meaningful find. A friend of mine refers to it as The Curse of Next Week. I know it's an insane waste of money but there's something cool about the willingness to chase a dream.

I haven't listened to this interview but I found this poorly written blog post about one of the crew members' mysterious death. Apparently it was never mentioned or acknowledged in the actual show. I think this guy's assertion is that History doesn't want to change the show intro or something.

https://historyheretic.org/2015/10/29/oak-island-victim-matt-chisholm/

Yeah cause in the intro it says if one more person dies they'll find the treasure. Maybe the treasure is really ad revenue from the show? Hmm.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

It doesn't even say how he died.

Is it possible to overdose on reddit posts? If anyone could, I be they would look like this guy.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I guarantee next weeks episode ends before the diver actually gets into the cavern

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
You guys rock:

quote:

"A HOLE??!!! LLEADING TO TREASURE??!!!?"

"COULD IT BE? A THREAD ABOUT OAK ISLAND

Could it be?!? The lord and savior himself, at the bottom of 10x?!

A NEW EPISODE??! TONIGHT??! COULD IT BE?!!

So happy I found this thread, which is more than they've found on Oak Island. Been watching this since the beginning although fast forwarding through makes it much easier.

I told my wife that I'm going to come up with some searching for hitler/aliens/mystery show and convince History Channel or SciFi to fly me around the world to discover clues that never add up to anything. Seems like a good career move.

"Could it be sand, on a beach, in Hawaii?!?!! Could it be the same sand found on the beach in St Thomas?!? Does that mean that aliens once used sand as a way to soften their landing?"

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Probably spent an hour on this for 3 or 4 laughs, but it was worth it.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Boinks posted:

Probably spent an hour on this for 3 or 4 laughs, but it was worth it.

worth it, lol

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Here's what I don't get. All the holes they are digging are 100+ feet deep. Everyone of them fills with water after about ten feet because, well, they're on a loving island. How do they think people 300+ years ago dug a hole over 100ft deep, into water, and build a chamber to hide treasure?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Here's what I don't get. All the holes they are digging are 100+ feet deep. Everyone of them fills with water after about ten feet because, well, they're on a loving island. How do they think people 300+ years ago dug a hole over 100ft deep, into water, and build a chamber to hide treasure?

The water is only getting there because of the flood tunnels and traps dug by the Knights Templar. A thousand years ago, the island was solid and dry well below sea level.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Which always begs the question: why don't they try to locate the supposed flood tunnels and use modern engineering to plug them?

Surely modern technology and $60 million dollars can outwit some bamboo/wood/stone engineering by 17th century pirates?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Because they don't exist and this show is a bunch of poo poo, probably

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Because they don't exist and this show is a bunch of poo poo, probably

Tune in next week to find out! Oak Island is a known "treasure hunt" investment scam that has been repeated over and over.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I enjoyed the History Channel Go-To Diver pissing all over their theories last time he showed up, so I'm looking forward to it again.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
The only ones finding treasure on this island are all the experts that these guys keep flying in to drill and scan and dive. Those guys are the only people making money.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

His bullshit detector is going off like crazy at the bottom of the money pit. Could it be?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I didn't even watch last nights episode yet but I'm 100% certain I missed nothing of importance.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I didn't even watch last nights episode yet but I'm 100% certain I missed nothing of importance.

Wrong! We found out that Marty is going to make Rick the final victim and find the treasure of freedom from dumb relatives.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Was he wearing a Mari Vineyards shirt?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Tiny Lowtax posted:

You missed the second diver who swears more. He was fun.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

I didn't realize Curse Of Oak Island was back! If you look at it as a Brewster's Millions situation where a millionaire tries to find strange new ways to waste his fortune, it is highly entertaining.

I miss the show about the guy looking for giants. I think they were pretty close to finding giants.

York_M_Chan fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 11, 2017

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I think the Lagina Bros (MARI VINEYARDS 4 LYFE) own the Oak Island Tours Co and I'd be interested to know what this dumb show has done in terms of revenue for them.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I liked when the guy was using the metal detector and not finding anything and desperately trying to explain why he wasn't finding anything. The guy in the excavator was just like "gently caress, whatever, shut up and get out of the hole so I can dig more."

Is it POSSIBLE???

edit: I will say one thing, this show is infinitely better than the bigfoot hunting shows. How is that a thing?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I saw episode titles for the rest of the season.

We might be getting Nazis. I'm so hype.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Oak Island / Hunting Hitler crossover episodes coming

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So Nazi's traveled back in time to bury Hitler on Oak Island?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

gently caress yes, this is what I'm hoping for.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

For those playing the drinking game, in this episode Rick himself channeled The Narrator and actually said "Could it be"...that's finish your drink right there!

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Can't wait for them to go look at big rocks that "point" at Oak Island tonight!

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Can't wait for them to go look at big rocks that "point" at Oak Island tonight!

Could it be?!?!? More filler while nothing is found on Oak Island??!!??

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
That rock almost looks like a face when the add outlines to it.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

The curse of pareidolia island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I told you guys, they found the bone of Hitler in 10X. Never mind that it looks like a raccoon bone ignore that.

• Locked thread