Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Could it be a Nazi Templar racoon though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I can't wait to see how FDR was digging for Hitler's Flying Saucer in the Money Pit, so he could use it to allow the Japanese to surprise Pearl Harbor so that Jewish Banking could puppet the US into allowing Marxism to dominate Europe and lull us into a false sense of security and allow us to believe that Osama bin Laden actually attacked 9/11, but was secretly at the direction of Obama and his cabal of Muslims that seek to destroy America because we're the true continuation of the Knights Templar thanks to Henry Sinclair, who was in league with the reptilians that were actually guiding humanity ever since the Annunaki guided their enemy, Moses, out of Egypt because the Sumerians were in opposition to the Egyptians, who are actually the descendants of Atlanteans, which are in turn the true masters of the world because they invented the Vimanas in the far past

mic drop fuckers

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Sash! posted:

mic drop fuckers

In all seriousness this is more likely then finding a pirate chest.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Elephanthead posted:

In all seriousness this is more likely then finding a pirate chest.

Or a pirate ship in the swamp.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The 12 foot board equals PIRATE SHIP!!!! was just like the time my 10 year old friends and I came across a burned down portajohn at a nearby park and concocted an elaborate story about how it had probably been struck by lightning because it was under a tree and there'd been thunderstorms earlier in the week instead of "bored teenagers."

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Listen guys. A whole ship was sunk there. The only reason they have only found one board and one river instead of the hundreds of boards and thousands of rivets used is because....

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Listen guys. A whole ship was sunk there. The only reason they have only found one board and one river instead of the hundreds of boards and thousands of rivets used is because....

...because the island demands one more sacrifice?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
However this dumb show ends i want the Bros to tackle Loch Ness next. Drain that, motherfuckers.

What other mysteries should these knuckleheads tackle?

MARI VINEYARDS

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
This week on Mari Bros, we find Elephantheads power supply for his NAS box so he can find Templar digital photos! and his kids pictures.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
What if Oak Island and the Money Pit were built not to keep people out, but to keep something in?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

jisforjosh posted:

What if Oak Island and the Money Pit were built not to keep people out, but to keep something in?

Water?

sunnyboy
May 10, 2011

Hawkmen Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!
This show and other like it are the reason the PVR was invented. This season I just spin past all the speculation crap, mostly because it's just a rehash of the same stuff they said in the other 3 seasons.

But a couple of things I really suspect:

1. the water floods everything because the island is a limestone karsk, meaning full of natural water tunnels and caverns under the entire island. They'll never stop the water.
2. it can't be the 'everything magic treasure'. It can't be inca gold AND loot from Solomon's temple AND Shakespear's manuscripts AND hidden Templar treasure AND...

pick one. Like maybe pirate treasure.

Or maybe that dude who bought the island and got rich found the one and only treasure?

It is really fun to watch for the keystone kops factor.

This season I decided to call it the "Roadrunner & Coyote Show" because it's just like that stupid coyote on the cartoon - buy the gizmo from Acme, try it once, and then abandon it. Never, EVER try anything twice. Sheesh.

At least with the PVR the one-hour recording fits nicely inside a 10 minute (max) window of actual watching. ;-)

sunnyboy
May 10, 2011

Hawkmen Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!

York_M_Chan posted:

I didn't realize Curse Of Oak Island was back! If you look at it as a Brewster's Millions situation where a millionaire tries to find strange new ways to waste his fortune, it is highly entertaining.

I miss the show about the guy looking for giants. I think they were pretty close to finding giants.

I loved that 'search for giants' show too. Again, a PVR 'skip-all-the-repeats' show, but fun. Of course they too only did anything once before giving up.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

sunnyboy posted:

2. it can't be the 'everything magic treasure'. It can't be inca gold AND loot from Solomon's temple AND Shakespear's manuscripts AND hidden Templar treasure AND...

pick one. Like maybe pirate treasure.

Rick and Marty at least think it's just pirate treasure. They humor every kook that comes by, but you can tell what they really think.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

sunnyboy posted:

1. the water floods everything because the island is a limestone karsk, meaning full of natural water tunnels and caverns under the entire island. They'll never stop the water.

There's one way, but it has a cost and expertise problem. A battery of high capacity pumps pumping water out faster than it can reflood, combined with an air tight shaft that you pump compressed air down. You could establish enough of a void to examine the "Chamber" without having to deal with suspended sediment and the darkness. It's the same technique they'd use to keep trapped miners alive in a flooded mine, but that tends to be a "money is no object" scenario.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

When my fish tank gets a lot of floaty stuff I put a few drops of this one stuff in it and all the floaters sink to the bottom and the water is clear again. They should just use some of that in the money pit.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Aren't they sucking all the silt out? There has to be a limited amount of silt? Not that discovering a bunch of rock is going to make the show better. Pirate Rocks!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

You act like they wouldn't find a rock that MEANS SOMETHING

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Cuz all the rocks stones and pebbles on the island look like human faces to these nutters.

MARI VINEYARDS

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

The Curse Of Watching The Curse Of Oak Island

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Drinking game: Drink everytime the narrator repeats something someone just said Drink everytime the narrator says COULD IT BE!?!?!?!?!?!?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Drinking game: Drink everytime the narrator repeats something someone just said Drink everytime the narrator says COULD IT BE!?!?!?!?!?!?

Dude it's an hour long show, not cool.

Quisty
Apr 10, 2008

I like to pinch.

pahuyuth posted:

I think the Lagina Bros (MARI VINEYARDS 4 LYFE) own the Oak Island Tours Co and I'd be interested to know what this dumb show has done in terms of revenue for them.

My husband loves this stupid show. We took the tour for $35 a piece. They walk you around to all of the 'important dig sites' and stuff. It was fine. I just wanted a nice vacation to Nova Scotia. (it's beautiful, by the way)

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Which season was it where they spent half of it in England putzing around trying to figure out where the treasure they haven't found came from?

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler
The shows final episode is going to be "Could it be a murder / suicide on Oak Island?" When Rick and Marty go broke and insane after ten years of digging around the stupid island and one of them kills the other, than himself.

Then someone will start a new show in search of the Hitler Aliens who abducted them and made it look like a murder / suicide.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Hoping they find another face on a rock tonight.

That faces Oak Island.

But has a huge peninsula between it and Oak Island.

But it's totally pointing at Oak Island.

And was carved by the Knights Templar.

mincedgarlic
Jan 4, 2005

I've been blown up, take me to the hospital.

At one point last week Rick said something like, "We're getting hits in the bottom of the money pit. It doesn't get any better than this!"

Perhaps all of our expectations have been too high.

Nevertheless, The Curse of Next Week continues and here goes another hour of my life. Also MARI VINEYARDS is over. It's all DAM-IT DAMS now.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I noticed all those stupid hats last well. One even had flames on it.

I like how one of the dumb animation videos suggested that the "shiny metal thing" fell into the clay, then somehow managed to burrow itself several feet deep in the clay lmao.

mincedgarlic
Jan 4, 2005

I've been blown up, take me to the hospital.

Sacre bleu! Louis XVI & Marie Antionette!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I am starting to think Dan Blankenship is a moron. Anyway found a wood chunk and used chicken bone this week if you want to save an hour. Same as the preview last week showed.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

They're all idiots who have spent millions of dollars to find absolutely nothing of value.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

I am starting to think Dan Blankenship is a moron.

I think he is just lonely on that island and at night he is throwing wood and pennies into the money pit to keep the Lagina's around. Senile old coot.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Tiny Lowtax posted:

They're all idiots who have spent millions of dollars to find absolutely nothing of value.

They have found the magic of friendship! And buried wood, lots of muddy wood.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Goddamn I love to hate watch this crap.

I feel like the poor brother is way more insane and blinded by all the hype than the rich one but who knows at this point.

The flimsy evidence of anything is based on on ancient accounts of the logs every 10' or whatever, and the mysterious stone with markings which someone turned into a fireplace and now is gone or something? Given that the money pit is where the only, scant complete BS evidence even is I don't get why they'd search anywhere but in that pit.

tomapot posted:

Could it be?!?!? More filler while nothing is found on Oak Island??!!??

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Tiny Lowtax posted:

They have investors. Millions of other people's dollars. Its a good scam.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
This show is actually an alt-reality time warping prequel to Lost. The Lagina bros become Jacob and The MiB and the X-10 borehole becomes the hatch.

:lost:

Vakal
May 11, 2008
In a perfect world, this would happen when it finally comes time for Marty and Rick to hoist the treasure out of the hole:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuI8BfvTwfY&t=10s

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

York_M_Chan posted:

I think he is just lonely on that island and at night he is throwing wood and pennies into the money pit to keep the Lagina's around. Senile old coot.

I was thinking about the show Storage Wars where the featured people always find some type of antique or valuable stuff. One of the guys said is was all fake and the stuff was planted. Pretty sure the producers of Oak Island are running around throwing a coin or a old piece of metal here, and a piece of wood there just to keep it going.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

You could throw a washer in a pile of dirt and they'd come up with some story about how it's actually from Columbus's ship and how he must have chose Oak Island as a burial place for his long lost treasure.

Also, yes, I agree some of the stuff is planted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Last night, my mom sends me a text reading "A BONE??? ON OAK ISLAND???"

So which of you is my mom / hi mom

• Locked thread