Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawrence Gilchrist

White, red, white, red. I'm fighting for my life here, at the counter of the brand new Sonic's that replaced my favorite greenbelt. I'm shadowboxing these lights in my head. I keep my forearms on the cool linoleum that's half a foot too tall for me to soothe my clumsy cuts and burns. The colored rays filter through the decor and I feel like a squatter in a home with torn up blinds casting shadows on the wall. White clouds from the kitchen brush my ears. They follow me out into the December night as I approach a car that's having trouble with their order.

I knew the driver was a tall order as soon as she walked me back to the register. A cankly bottle blonde in a red pantsuit, she balked when I said I couldn't break a hundred. She handed me two grants and gave me a wink so protracted I blushed while knowing it was a load of applesauce. She sticks her hands in her pockets, pouts at my stone face, asks me if I like working nights while I hand her change. I tell her it's better than suicide. She pulls a crumpled hamilton out, says she forgot about it. Asks for one of the grants back. I pull out my smartphone and ask for her number. She tells me she has shoes older than me but she'd like to try me on. My staring at my held-up phone says more than my lips ever could. She stalks back into her car. Yellow, white, red. I write her info on a greasy sticky note and slap it on the counter for the day manager, and send her picture to the local precinct. I hesitate before sending along her plate number, not out of misguided camaraderie, but because maybe that's her road outta suicide. Maybe I've done my due diligence.

I'm gay, I think. Sometimes it pays. But not now, not really. I forget the whole thing before my head hits the pillow.

Lawrence Gilchrist fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Dec 8, 2016

tubbsthumping

i chow down
and i get up again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread