Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You can't win playing Alex Smith's game Derek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
A one score game against an injured Raiders team at home with is a bad sign going forward sorry Chiefs fans

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Two years in a row a finger injury is going to doom a playoff quarterback to an immediate exit

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Blitz7x posted:

A one score gained against an injured Raiders team at home with is a bad sign going forward sorry Chiefs fans

Chiefs were down both starting DEs, starting LG, #2 CB, lost another DE and Derrick Johnson in the first half....but sure, injuries lol

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Blitz7x posted:

A one score game against an injured Raiders team at home with is a bad sign going forward sorry Chiefs fans

:jerkbag:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gynecolojustice posted:

Chiefs were down both starting DEs, starting LG, #2 CB, lost another DE and Derrick Johnson in the first half....but sure, injuries lol

So they're also really banged up, that's a bad sign late in the season!

:v:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

In a very fitting stat line, Tyreek Hill had 6 receptions for 66 yards.

He's talented, but gently caress him.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Derek Carr can't play in the cold. It's real.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

DC Murderverse posted:

In a very fitting stat line, Tyreek Hill had 6 receptions for 66 yards.

He's talented, but gently caress him.

I hope he has a long and successful career because he is entertaining as gently caress.

Also he will shorten his lifespan and suffer tremendous pain in his old age. Win win.

fsif posted:

Derek Carr can't play in the cold. It's real.

Needs to drink some antifreeze. :effort:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

If you're looking for bad signs in close Chiefs games this one is pretty far down the list in my opinion.

Losing DJ really sucks, it didn't hit me until now but he might be really important against the whole exotic smashmouth thing, especially since KC doesn't even like defending the run with him in there.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Worst thing is I have to listen to Chiefs fans this entire long week acting like they really won-won this game.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

No it's not, im just salty because it seemed like a winnable game even though I knew it probably wouldn't happen

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Grittybeard posted:

Losing DJ really sucks, it didn't hit me until now but he might be really important against the whole exotic smashmouth thing, especially since KC doesn't even like defending the run with him in there.

Yeah and KC has no real replacement for him. DJ Alexander is mainly a special teamer and Daniel Sorensen is a safety. The D is gonna take a big step back.

Terrance Mitchell looked really good tonight though

Edit: confirmed torn Achilles, he's ruptured both his Achilles in back to back years gently caress

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/CzNYZi1WgAAMmgX.mp4

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

If you're looking for bad signs in close Chiefs games this one is pretty far down the list in my opinion.

Lol at using exotic smashmouth unironically

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

savage

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Metapod posted:

Lol at using exotic smashmouth unironically

I was going to capitalize all of it too but I figured my joke would get through, but honestly a running game of any sort scares me right now.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

This game confirms that Matthew Stafford is the MVP of the league.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Derek Carr is a top 5 QB in the NFL :v:

Also another week for Parm if he doesn't take me up on my offer

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
How little is being said about this game after the fact kind of says a lot (well, also that nobody watches Thursday Night Football but anyway). I hoped it would be a stiffly fought game but it was kind of a downer. I def. attribute some of the drops/overthrows to the Raiders not being used to playing in this kind of cold.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

How little is being said about this game after the fact kind of says a lot (well, also that nobody watches Thursday Night Football but anyway). I hoped it would be a stiffly fought game but it was kind of a downer. I def. attribute some of the drops/overthrows to the Raiders not being used to playing in this kind of cold.

So what happens when they play in NE? ;)

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

My good, young team is going to playoffs even after losing :qq:

Sucks that DJ blew out his Achilles. That's likely it for his career.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Intruder posted:

Whats the offer?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
More evidence that TNF ruins a decent product on the field.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

Relentlessboredomm posted:

12 loving dropped footballs by my count

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

swickles posted:

Whats the offer?

He gets a week every time Tyreek Hill catches a TD

I keep offering to let him out of his toxx since he's already done like 6 weeks

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/JMacSC/status/807094702973587456

🤔🤔🤔

https://twitter.com/oaktheman/status/807104976891867137

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Might explain why the ball goes from being a perfect spiral to a wounded duck

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

wtf

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
There is no God

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Whoa! Aren't those wires supposed to be waaaay higher than that? IIRC the Seahawks were the first to get that camera when their new stadium opened and there was some concern about interference, but the team/league assured people that the wires were too high for that to be an issue.

I mean, that's not even a very high pass! Of course, I am a bit skeptical, because wouldn't the receiver know and be up in arms about the deflection? Would that be a replay if it were caught by the refs?

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

shirts and skins posted:

I mean, that's not even a very high pass! Of course, I am a bit skeptical, because wouldn't the receiver know and be up in arms about the deflection? Would that be a replay if it were caught by the refs?

It would make sense to explain how bizarrely out of position Cooper was, but it's hard to buy as long as it's just speculation. I wouldn't be shocked for Cooper to not know what exactly happened given the speed of the play, but it's harder to imagine all of the players, referees, and coaches on the sideline not noticing.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Intruder posted:

Do it. I can't bear football right now.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Your team is 10-3 and on track for a bye you big baby.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Its the worst.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

shirts and skins posted:

Cooper doesn't really ever complain about anything I don't think, and I assume the ground rules of the stadium would cover something like that happening (I figure the wires would be considered part of the field of play maybe?). So it's feasible based on those two things in my opinion.

This would be the first time I've heard of something like that happening, I poked around the internet a little last night and the only other thing I found involving a ball hitting spidercam wires was on a monster punt in college and that was just the returner claiming it happened after he let it bounce and roll for another 20 yards.

There was the time a vengeful camera almost killed an Iowa player at the Insight bowl and some other reports of balls hitting the camera when it was in the wrong place, but those were the camera itself which would be a lot more obvious.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Just to be clear by the way I'm not saying it didn't happen, just saying it'll be the first time I remember it happening. It would explain how Cooper reacted, he was having a pretty bad game by his standards but not an 'I've completely forgotten how to track the ball' game.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

fishing with the fam posted:

Your team is 10-3 and on track for a bye you big baby.

He's a jags fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The ball goes from a perfect spiral to a wounded duck so yeah clearly hit something

• Locked thread