Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MrLogan posted:

I expected it, I can't speak for all Raider's fans. It seems like expectations are much higher now than at the beginning of the season.

Being 10-3 will do that to you.

pubic works project posted:

It used to be.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It is someone's avatar.

They just don't post in this sub forum anymore.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
That's a shame.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Playoff Machine time!

1) Chiefs, Raiders, and Denver all win out except where they play each other; the Chiefs beat the Broncos, Broncos beat the Raiders. Chiefs end with a record of 13-3, Raiders 12-4, Broncos 11-5.

This sets up:

1) Chiefs
2) Patriots
3) Ravens
4) who the gently caress cares
5) Raiders
6) Broncos

Broncos/Ravens and Raiders/who the gently caress cares in the Wild Card. Assume both win, because that seems like something that could definitely happen. Broncos play the Chiefs in the Divisional game, Raiders play Patriots. Anything can happen in the playoffs, Raiders win and Chiefs win. Raiders/Chiefs rematch in AFCCG at Arrowhead. :getin:

This is objectively what should happen.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

CharlestheHammer posted:

Judging by the reaction from Raiders fans, I don't think they believed it was expected as much as they say the opposite.

I'm salty over every loss, but it's only when the Raiders have a winning record that anyone pays attention I guess

Like I still treat Bengals posters with disdain over something that Pacman Jones did over a calendar year ago

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Yeah thats what happens when you start tailgating at noon.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Strobe posted:

Playoff Machine time!

1) Chiefs, Raiders, and Denver all win out except where they play each other; the Chiefs beat the Broncos, Broncos beat the Raiders. Chiefs end with a record of 13-3, Raiders 12-4, Broncos 11-5.

This sets up:

1) Chiefs
2) Patriots
3) Ravens
5) Raiders
6) Broncos

Broncos/Ravens and Raiders/who the gently caress cares in the Wild Card. Assume both win, because that seems like something that could definitely happen. Broncos play the Chiefs in the Divisional game, Raiders play Patriots. Anything can happen in the playoffs, Raiders win and Chiefs win. Raiders/Chiefs rematch in AFCCG at Arrowhead. :getin:

No thx

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Strobe posted:

Playoff Machine time!

This sets up:

1) Chiefs
2) Patriots
3) Ravens
5) Raiders
6) Broncos

The Ravens aren't winning the AFCN

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Leon Einstein posted:

Brees likes torture.

How can you make new saints without it?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The Ravens aren't winning the AFCN

Steelers then, whatever. The 3rd and 4th seeds are the two that matter least in that model.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Black Sunshine posted:

Any Raider fan who is furious about this loss is loving stupid. With that said, most of us aren't inconsolable about it.

Also, gently caress you for bringing up the Bengals

gently caress them for ending Bo Jackson's career

gently caress you again for presumably being a fan of said rear end in a top hat team

whoa calm the gently caress down never accuse someone of being a bengals fan what the gently caress is wrong with you

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Gynecolojustice posted:

Edit: confirmed torn Achilles, he's ruptured both his Achilles in back to back years gently caress

Leon Hall did this and still played well for a couple of years after.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sour Diesel posted:

whoa calm the gently caress down never accuse someone of being a bengals fan what the gently caress is wrong with you

I was like, that is the one thing he could say that would piss BrownThunder off the most.

Eifert Posting posted:

Leon Hall did this and still played well for a couple of years after.

Derrick Johnson is also 34 years old is part of the problem here. I'd imagine he'll try, and he wasn't playing like he was 34 years old...but man I wouldn't bet on it.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Black Sunshine posted:

Any Raider fan who is furious about this loss is loving stupid. With that said, most of us aren't inconsolable about it.

Also, gently caress you for bringing up the Bengals

gently caress them for ending Bo Jackson's career

gently caress you again for presumably being a fan of said rear end in a top hat team

Call me a Trump supporter before you call me a loving Bengals fan you subhuman piece of poo poo

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
The Bengals are the coolest team in the AFC North, so I don't understand the hate.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

BrownThunder posted:

Call me a Trump supporter before you call me a loving Bengals fan you subhuman piece of poo poo

ok fine, you're a trump supporter. now that i've gotten that out of the way, you're a bengals fan

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Strobe posted:

Raiders play Patriots. Anything can happen in the playoffs, Raiders win and Chiefs win.

rooting for this is tempting football god to pull Tuck Rule 2.0 out of his holy rear end

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

ok fine, you're a trump supporter. now that i've gotten that out of the way, you're a bengals fan

The Knee Was Down

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

BrownThunder posted:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

Kawalimus Logic

"Flacco is actually a bad quarterback because he throws to his tight ends too often"

No I don't believe that. He's a bad QB because he isn't very accurate. I just think it's dumb to base the offense around mediocre TEs. That's why I want a guy like Travis Kelce.

Dennis Pitta leads our team in catches with 61 but only has an 8.3 yards per reception. Travis Kelce leads his tam in receptions with 70 and has a 13.1 yards per reception. Look at the difference. We target Dennis Pitta like he's Travis Kelce but he isn't. I like Dennis Pitta and appreciate his contributions to this team especially his Superbowl touchdown. But he's no Travis Kelce.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Dec 10, 2016

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Kawalimus posted:

No I don't believe that. He's a bad QB because he isn't very accurate. I just think it's dumb to base the offense around mediocre TEs. That's why I want a guy like Travis Kelce.

Dennis Pitta leads our team in catches with 61 but only has an 8.3 yards per reception. Travis Kelce leads his tam in receptions with 70 and has a 13.1 yards per reception. Look at the difference. We target Dennis Pitta like he's Travis Kelce but he isn't. I like Dennis Pitta and appreciate his contributions to this team especially his Superbowl touchdown. But he's no Travis Kelce.

Man the ravens just keep walking past the Travis Kelce aisle at the free agent store there's dozens of Travis kelces in there and they just keep on walking. what the... They keep looking at the Ben Watson aisle what the heck are ya doin, ravens?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

shiksa posted:

Man the ravens just keep walking past the Travis Kelce aisle at the free agent store there's dozens of Travis kelces in there and they just keep on walking. what the... They keep looking at the Ben Watson aisle what the heck are ya doin, ravens?

Yeah but what I mean is if we want to run a TE-based offense we should have a top TE like Travis Kelce. Ben Watson is 35 and was never really all that amazing. We need to either invest a real high draft pick in a TE or sign a big free agent or concentrate our offense elsewhere. I admit we don't really have a lot of great top talent on offense. But we should try to build around Mike Wallace for now he's our best guy. Maxx Williams is a joke and a bust. Crockett Gillmore maybe good. But not if he's hurt.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I'd say Jake Butt, but that HoF name deserves to be a Brown.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Hey Parm I found your people: Millions in U.S. vow to move to Canada if Alex Smith wins a Superbowl

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TheChirurgeon posted:

How did you miss that

I've been, uh, distracted since the election. Also probated.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I've been, uh, distracted since the election. Also probated.

Really glad to have you back. :glomp:

How about them Seahawks?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Chichevache posted:

Really glad to have you back. :glomp:

How about them Seahawks?

I hope one of them gets into a Twitter fight with Trump and he orders the team to be destroyed.

Or that he appoints Jed York to a cabinet position.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I hope one of them gets into a Twitter fight with Trump and he orders the team to be destroyed.

Or that he appoints Jed York to a cabinet position.

:lol: He will only make our hipster bandwagon grow.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

CharlestheHammer posted:

It is someone's avatar.

Chilichimp posted:

Being 10-3 will do that to you.

It used to be.

pubic works project posted:

:(

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

hey you stole that guy's avatar!!!

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah but what I mean is if we want to run a TE-based offense we should have a top TE like Travis Kelce. Ben Watson is 35 and was never really all that amazing. We need to either invest a real high draft pick in a TE or sign a big free agent or concentrate our offense elsewhere. I admit we don't really have a lot of great top talent on offense. But we should try to build around Mike Wallace for now he's our best guy. Maxx Williams is a joke and a bust. Crockett Gillmore maybe good. But not if he's hurt.
Hmm...

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Those aren't big signings. Ben Watson at 34 or 35 isn't a big signing. He's not gonna be a Shannon Sharpe. And Maxx Williams probably won't be a Todd Heap either. We need someone big, a real top talent we can justify building the offense around. Maybe that can be Crockett Gillmore but he's injured.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Isn't Pitta playing reasonably well again? And also how did this become Ravens chat?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

CharlestheHammer posted:

It is someone's avatar.

They posted on the page before that's how I remembered it! I'm seeing more people post in tff that i had forgotten about :)

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

Isn't Pitta playing reasonably well again? And also how did this become Ravens chat?

it's always time for ravens chat motherfucker

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ravens will beat the Patriots and then we will have two reasons to celebrate this week.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

No Butt Stuff posted:

Ravens will beat the Patriots and then we will have two reasons to celebrate this week.

Insha'allah

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
As much as I want neither team to win, I do love it when the Ravens embarrass the Patriots. My team needs the Ravens to lose, however

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

As much as I want neither team to win, I do love it when the Ravens embarrass the Patriots. My team needs the Ravens to lose, however

can't you just let them win and then beat them later?

• Locked thread