Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

No Butt Stuff posted:

can't you just let them win and then beat them later?

Well they can but this game could end up hurting them in tiebreakers if it goes down to common games. So if the Ravens beat the Patriots and the Steelers lose to the Bills that could spell trouble for Pittsburgh and make it real tough for them to win the division. I don't exactly know how these tiebreakers would wind up. And the Steelers have a couple games on the Ravens I do know like Jets and Redskins(ugh). I'll look at it.

edit: Via playoff machine it looks like Pittsburgh would win that tiebreaker anyway. So pretty much the division is likely going to come down to that game on Christmas. Barring some sort of upset game.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Dec 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Here's the full Reid Del Rio post game exchange, it's really juicy and dramatic

https://twitter.com/alankmbc/status/807631456587481088

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

No Butt Stuff posted:

can't you just let them win and then beat them later?

Probably, but it makes the Xmas game even more important.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Probably, but it makes the Xmas game even more important.

Basically the Christmas game will decide the division unless one or the other team totally shits the bed. It should be a playoff game practically. Steelers have the tiebreaker if they win and the teams end up tied. Ravens would have to lose to Patriots as well as one of the Eagles or Bengals for a win in that game to be irrelevant. Plus the Steelers not getting upset either. The Ravens to me are a team more vulnerable to upsets than the Steelers, due to our offense's tendency to lose the plot. And we only just barely beat the Bengals at home.

It would be a huge win for the Ravens though because it would mean the all-time regular season series between the two teams would be tied. Something I never thought I'd witness, within reach.

But I would say the Steelers are the division favorite. Even if they lose to the Bills, they are likely to beat both the Bengals and Browns. As long as they don't lose one of those games, if they beat the Ravens on Christmas they will win the division. The Steelers will likely be in the playoffs and the Ravens will not.

So for the Ravens, beating the Patriots will be nice but really not even that important of a win except for a nice cushion in case of an upset. Because even if they win this game if they lose on Christmas they are out.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 10, 2016

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/br_kicks/status/807609248381370369

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I don't really understand that mindset. The Ravens and Steelers have been basically at the same level since 2012 when they won their 2nd championship since 2000. The Steelers went to the dance once more than them, but the titles are the same, n'est ce pas?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I don't really understand that mindset. The Ravens and Steelers have been basically at the same level since 2012 when they won their 2nd championship since 2000. The Steelers went to the dance once more than them, but the titles are the same, n'est ce pas?

Well yeah but I'm talking about the all-time regular season records from the franchises. The Ravens have actually been in control of the rivalry for a little bit right now, but the all-time records the Steelers are still ahead by one game. So it would be crazy to see them actually tied. Maybe only I care about this but oh well.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Well yeah but I'm talking about the all-time regular season records from the franchises. The Ravens have actually been in control of the rivalry for a little bit right now, but the all-time records the Steelers are still ahead by one game. So it would be crazy to see them actually tied. Maybe only I care about this but oh well.

My point is that the closeness of their all-time rivalry is mirrored in their overall success. It isn't shocking to me that their regular season record is virtually tied based on their equal number of titles

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

My point is that the closeness of their all-time rivalry is mirrored in their overall success. It isn't shocking to me that their regular season record is virtually tied based on their equal number of titles

The number of titles doesn't mean much because that only represents one season. Steelers used to be the clear team in control of the rivalry, winning the first three playoff games and having a 5-2 AFC N title wins advantage. Now it's 6-4 in AFC North title wins and the Ravens took a playoff matchup, and the season series is almost tied.The Steelers haven't swept the series since 2010(included a playoff game) but the Ravens have swept it twice since. And could get a third this year.

There used to be people who said it wasn't even a rivalry because Pittsburgh was in total control.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

There used to be people who said it wasn't even a rivalry because Pittsburgh was in total control.

I used to whisper this exact message into each gift under the tree every christmas eve

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Poast moar

At least we remember you, yo

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

As much as I hate the No Fun League bullshit that Rodger keeps doing..

I support this.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Genocide Tendency posted:

As much as I hate the No Fun League bullshit that Rodger keeps doing..

I support this.

Yeah...DGB is the idiot who ruins a good thing for everyone else and I'm kind of glad he got fined. That was a dumb choice and I'm finally glad Seattle didn't acquire him.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The thing is, the NFL had to sign off on the charity, so either he just did it without submitting his design and charity (most likely) or somebody in the NFL ok'd it and then fined him anyway, which I can totally see happening.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Chichevache posted:

Yeah...DGB is the idiot who ruins a good thing for everyone else and I'm kind of glad he got fined. That was a dumb choice and I'm finally glad Seattle didn't acquire him.

Do you think Darrell Bevell/Tom Cable would have made DGB learn to block defensive linemen?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Schwack posted:

Do you think Darrell Bevell/Tom Cable would have made DGB learn to block defensive linemen?

Only gonna work if they let female players into the league.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Chichevache posted:

Only gonna work if they let female players into the league.

Something something Aaron Rodgers joke.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah but what I mean is if we want to run a TE-based offense we should have a top TE like Travis Kelce. Ben Watson is 35 and was never really all that amazing. We need to either invest a real high draft pick in a TE or sign a big free agent or concentrate our offense elsewhere. I admit we don't really have a lot of great top talent on offense. But we should try to build around Mike Wallace for now he's our best guy. Maxx Williams is a joke and a bust. Crockett Gillmore maybe good. But not if he's hurt.

Do you even enjoy watching football?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I just want to see the Ravens have a top performing offense. I'm tired of watching the team sputter every other game or more. I don't want to see that anymore.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Kawalimus posted:

I just want to see the Ravens have a top performing offense. I'm tired of watching the team sputter every other game or more. I don't want to see that anymore.

:cripes:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Lions will have a winning record! :toot:

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

Shangri-Law School posted:

The Lions will have a winning record! :toot:

Lions, bitch
Refs, bitch

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i have never seen a dude with worse hands than josh bellamy

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This but to all of his posts

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
OK I've seen enough of RG3, keep Kessler in.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The titans have a winning record in December I CANNOT BELIEVE IT

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i have never seen a dude with worse hands than josh bellamy

You're doing yourself a disservice if you're not watching the Eagles.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Fire Rex, keep Tyrod

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

BRING ME THE HEAD OF THE lovely BEARS LINEMAN WHO hosed UP THE HEROIC CATCH OF GRITTY YOU KNOW HE SORT OF REMINDS OF ME OF WES WELKER, FOR SOME REASON, FUTURE SUPERSTAR DANIEL BRAVERMAN

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Metapod posted:

The titans have a winning record in December I CANNOT BELIEVE IT

:hfive:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

298 yard day for Lev Bell. He is 2nd only to Jim Brown in avg yard from scrimmage per game now, by less than 1 yard per game

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

fsif posted:

Fire Rex, keep Tyrod

Fire Whaley, destroy what's left of the field.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Had a concert today so I was only able to get my lucky Lions hoodie on right around the time of that fourth-quarter pick six. Sorry to make the rest of you Lions fans sweat! An ugly W is still a W.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tannehill getting injured and the Dolphins proceeding to blow a 23-9 lead to the Cards after being in prime position to make the playoffs is peak Dolphins

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i bet the bengals could beat the browns 9 or 10 times in 16 games. unbelievable talent. feelling so good and I hope it carries over to the potty room later

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Lets check wikipedia

quote:

Doug Whaley (born December 16, 1972[1]) is an American football executive and former collegiate player. He is the current general manager and architect of the dumpster fire that is the Buffalo Bills. He succeeded Buddy Nix as general manager.

Checks out.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Houston Texans are real. Brock Osweiler is real and strong, and he's my friend.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Redskins disgust me. Their team disgusts me their owner disgusts me and even their players disgust me. I am sickened by their very existence. And it makes me sick that we lost to them at home this year. I mean at least we got rid of Trestman otherwise we'd probably be heading for 3-13. I need them to lose and lose forever. And I don't like them.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
gently caress Tyrod Taylor, please stop making excuses for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i'm glad the titans won and hope they become good again so i can hate them just like old times

• Locked thread