Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Amy Pole Her posted:

Jesus Christ the average NFL fan is just such trash

I definitely don't put these cats in "the average".

We're not plumbing the depths, no one got shot here, but this isn't the drat norm.

Most NFL fans are just insufferable homers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MrLogan posted:

I expected it, I can't speak for all Raider's fans. It seems like expectations are much higher now than at the beginning of the season.

Being 10-3 will do that to you.

pubic works project posted:

It used to be.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Poast moar

At least we remember you, yo

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
There is no loving way i can believe harry douglas of all people cheap shotted someone.

Hes like the nicest dude.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

The Titans have a winning record in December for the first time since 2011 and also are sitting on a top 5 draft pick.

Under Mike Mularky of all people.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

On the bright side, Cameron Jordan is probably the most dominating defensive player in the NFCS.

I think Vic 13.5 sacks, 6 FF's Beasley is probably the most dominant defensive player in the NFCS this season.

WampaLord posted:

"Dormammu! I've come to-" *gets sacked*

:thurman:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fishing with the fam posted:

Actually defend your dumb take. Tell us what 5 receivers you would select from the 2014 draft over Odell so we can laugh at you.

Mike Evans.

Fight me.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

BrownThunder posted:

Please don't argue football with Mr "Frank Gore is absolutely making the Hall of Fame" Logan

Brown Thunder, laying the wood.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Even weirder is the Panthers leading the league in sacks

...of worthless meat?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Just dropping in to say that Harry Douglas is a piece of poo poo

LOL, no he isn't.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Strobe posted:

Which doesn't make it suddenly okay for Douglas to do poo poo like that, last I checked. :colbert: I don't care who's worse over the course of a season, I care that what happened was loving disgusting.

Here is the play in question. You can see the cut block in the top right of the screen before the runner goes down.

https://youtu.be/skHo9L_VgEg?t=2m10s

Douglas is squaring up on Harris and uses a cut block to take him out of the play. Douglas wasn't looking towards the play, he was looking at his assignment.

Harry Douglas is a loving choir boy; there's no way he'd ever try to hurt someone, he was just covering his assignment on a designed run-play. Cut blocking is legal, to my knowledge. So unless I'm wrong, or you just think any player using a cut block is a dirty piece of poo poo... then you've really got no standing here.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Dec 12, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Gynecolojustice posted:

Cut blocks generally are understandable if the WR has to block someone much much larger than them, and even then they are dangerous as hell. Cut blocking someone your own size is extra lovely, Douglas could have blocked him the old fashioned way

Then point your finger at the OC or Mularky himself. The only way Harry does that poo poo is if he's being told to do it.

Aqib Talib, of all people, calling Harry Douglas a dirty player is just the funniest poo poo I've read all year.

edit:

memba this?

Aqib Talib is a notorious piece of poo poo.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Dec 12, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Gynecolojustice posted:

Harry Douglas dove at Harris knees with his helmet because he is too lazy or unskilled in reaching out with his hands to block like you are taught. Again, that sorta is understandable if its Danny Woodhead trying to block Khalil Mack or something, but Harris is a small dude. It's possible that Harry Douglas is a good guy who just decided to do a dirty thing because he felt it was the only way, he's not an evil person, but best-case he is lazy

He's not good, that's true.

We're talking about Harry Douglas here, not DJ Swearinger. He's never done anything someone could label him "dirty" for, and this poo poo with Harris' knee was just an accident that's being blown out of proportion because the only angle people are getting is one that makes it look like it happened after the play was dead.

Aqib is definitely justified in calling him a sorry ball player, though. He was never that good and now he's just plain bad.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Say what you will about Talib but that was far from a loving accident and Harris is lucky he wasn't knocked out for the season. I know Douglas used to be a part of your beloved Falcons but come on.

Well if that's not the steak calling the pan black.

I'm saying hurting his knee was an accident; cut blocking isn't loving illegal. I think cut blocking is poo poo and it probably needs to go, but I need to see you making this argument too. Nah, though, the reason has to be that Douglas is a dirty piece of poo poo... not that the block he employed is still inexplicably legal.

Of course, what do you think of this?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cardinals-livid-over-julius-thomas-dirty-block-on-calais-campbell/

Julius cut-blocks before Calais engaged the o-linemen, but it's still dirty as gently caress. Do you think he deserved a chop block call?

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Dec 12, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Bruce Arians is such a piece of poo poo. I can't believe I almost hate him as much as Pete Carroll.

https://twitter.com/Cardschatter/status/808392825280704512

God drat; that's like... the most Spurrier comment since Spurdog left Florida.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I objectively want him to explain Desean Jackson

Fuckin' same.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

corn on the cop posted:

JEFF FISHER OUT :siren:

???

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/808395924061843456

There's this. I guess they care about him not getting the loss record?

loving Rams can't even fire Jeff Fisher the right way.

THEY JUST EXTENDED HIM! WHAT THE gently caress!

What kind of moron is running this organization?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MrLogan posted:

The Harry Douglas block was extremely dirty.

:rolleyes:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Now who's the fuckin' Homer.

Douglas isn't a Falcon anymore and he wasn't well loved when he was. If you think a guy issuing a cut-block during a run play is dirty, then I guess your beef isn't with specifically Douglas, but with the cut-block in general.

The only reason this story gets traction is because the angle everyone is sharing makes it look like it took place after the play was over.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Alright, I killed it, yay.

Here's Belichick on the read for the Chris Hogan 80 yard Touchdown from last night:

Is he talking about this?

https://youtu.be/axzX-Qbe6Sg?t=1m41s

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

That's alright, it's not Dante Hall's one offensive highlight though.

Haha, gently caress the Broncos.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Whales own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eF3T9nm9KU&t=10s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

This was an amazing video for about 20 seconds and then all hell broke loose.

Yeah, stop watching after the dude is almost crushed by a whale. Its just frantic paddling after that

• Locked thread