Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Cash Monet posted:

Its the worst.

Lol he's a Jaguars fan now bc the Chiefs drafted Tyreek Hill. So, he's forced to stay in character with his mega-turd gimmick despite the Chiefs being better than they have been in 2 decades, and the Jags imploding in week 1.

Hall_of_mirrors.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Parmesan Basil posted:

Ben Roethlisberger raped two women and James Harrison beat another. They get paid mega bucks. You're a Steelers fan.

Interestingly enough, I've accepted the fact that I don't have any measure of control on who the team I like employs and never will because I'm not a blockhead who imagines whether I have moral reservations about a player effects that team's decisions

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Strobe posted:

Playoff Machine time!

1) Chiefs, Raiders, and Denver all win out except where they play each other; the Chiefs beat the Broncos, Broncos beat the Raiders. Chiefs end with a record of 13-3, Raiders 12-4, Broncos 11-5.

This sets up:

1) Chiefs
2) Patriots
3) Ravens
4) who the gently caress cares
5) Raiders
6) Broncos

Broncos/Ravens and Raiders/who the gently caress cares in the Wild Card. Assume both win, because that seems like something that could definitely happen. Broncos play the Chiefs in the Divisional game, Raiders play Patriots. Anything can happen in the playoffs, Raiders win and Chiefs win. Raiders/Chiefs rematch in AFCCG at Arrowhead. :getin:

This is objectively what should happen.

The Ravens aren't winning the AFCN

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

As much as I want neither team to win, I do love it when the Ravens embarrass the Patriots. My team needs the Ravens to lose, however

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

can't you just let them win and then beat them later?

Probably, but it makes the Xmas game even more important.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I don't really understand that mindset. The Ravens and Steelers have been basically at the same level since 2012 when they won their 2nd championship since 2000. The Steelers went to the dance once more than them, but the titles are the same, n'est ce pas?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Well yeah but I'm talking about the all-time regular season records from the franchises. The Ravens have actually been in control of the rivalry for a little bit right now, but the all-time records the Steelers are still ahead by one game. So it would be crazy to see them actually tied. Maybe only I care about this but oh well.

My point is that the closeness of their all-time rivalry is mirrored in their overall success. It isn't shocking to me that their regular season record is virtually tied based on their equal number of titles

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

298 yard day for Lev Bell. He is 2nd only to Jim Brown in avg yard from scrimmage per game now, by less than 1 yard per game

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

This is the full Pacman video btw: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18258266

Sure sounds like Pryor was talking poo poo out there for some reason. A SUBURBS kid from PITTSBURGH

Another guy from Pittsburgh trolled Pacman Jones into acting a fool? Well, I never

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Time posted:

Antonio brown is the best receiver in the league. This is canon

He's still leading the league in catches despite all of the extra attention he's receiving from opposing defenses, that's without a viable #2 receiver to help lessen the double and triple coverage (looking at you, Ravens) on every play. The Colts and Redskins have been the only teams this year dumb enough to leave him 1v1, and consequently got burnt for multiple TDs for their arrogance

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Are dudes seriously going to argue that amazing catch is not amazing like we ain't got eyes to have seen it and dicks to have gotten rock hard when we did.

Testify

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Time posted:

It's cool that Pittsburgh has the best player at both RB and WR. It's less cool that they are 8-5 and Ben has looked real bad a lot this year

I'm just happy the season didn't go off the rails, and that the team has rallied at the right time. More wins would be great, of course, but I'll take a team redemption story over a dominant record. Sure is a luxury to have Bell step up in a (lol) down year for Ben and AB

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

MrLogan posted:

Wide Receivers currently better than ODB:

Brown
Green
Julio
Cooper
Jeffrey
Tate
Hopkins
Hilton
Allen Robinson
Landry
Fitz
Desean Jackson
Jordan
Cooks
Evans
Dez

Watkins may end up better if he ever gets on a team with a QB and/or that throws the ball.

Or he gets a lot of targets because the offense has no running games, plays from behind a lot, and no other WRs worth a drat. See: 2013 Pierre Garcon.

Let's do an experiment: Did you even watch the game last night? One receiver literally won the game for his team, and the other basically cost his team the game. Guess which one was the winner?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

I see what you're trying to do here but Dez didn't cost the Cowboys the game and incidentally for the same reason, the Giants defense is what won them the game

Counterpoint; last night was the Dallas d's best performance of the season, and the one mistake they made was a one person effort by OBJ. Dallas was still in the game despite their offense sputtering, committing 2 turnovers, were driving with the possibility to tie or win the game when Dez surrendered the 3rd Dallas turnover in his one person moment.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Those two turnovers were suuuuuper lovely but it's hard not to look at the game as as whole and feel pretty good. Without the special teams fuckery it could easily have been in the range of a 12-35 stomping, the Patriots seemed really complete in every phase.

Idk, I saw an exploitable return game, which the Ravens instantly turned into points, a mediocre pass rush, with DBs that couldn't defend any pass over 15 yards deep. Somehow the Ravens thought the short passing game was the key to victory when their success rate downfield was what they needed to do, and hosed themselves with poor clock management and zero urgency when the momentum was in their favor

But I'm not a Pats homer, I guess

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Both the Patriots and Ravens looked extremely beatable last night. The Ravens front 7 can't handle up-tempo offense, and the Pats cannot defend the deep ball.

On offense, the Ravens have zero run game, try to manufacture it with short passing, which the Pats defended easily with their fast linebackers. The Pats look anemic without Gronk, and something must be wrong with Edleman. I've never seen that dude drop so many passes. Frankly, the Pats looked vulnerable last night

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Gynecolojustice posted:

*strokes chin thoughtfully*

I don't know if the Chiefs have the offense to beat them, but their defense is probably more than enough to stop them. What the Raiders do well on both sides of the ball seem like they'd be a nightmare matchup for the Pats

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I think it's entirely possible. The Pats have no pass rush, and vs the Raiders o-line, they aren't getting to Carr without blitzing, which leaves them shorthanded on dump-offs. Carr can sling it,, Flacco was destroying them on the deep sideline, and I was beside myself wanting just any Ravens TE to run up the seam bc it was wide open all night. Mack, Irvin and potentially Aldon Smith now can get to Brady like Ware and Miller did last year, and there will be no Gronk to bail Brady out. If I was a Pats fan, I'd least want to see the Raiders in the playoffs

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The Ravens went 3/6 for 92 yards and 1INT on deep throws last night. Not great for New England, but not the sieve you're making it sound like. And none of those plays resulted in a TD drive.

That INT was a silk-panty soft Mike Wallace allowing a Patriot to steal a ball that fell directly into his hands away from him. He also dropped a contested 20+ yard TD in the endzone that lead to a FG

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Kalli posted:

The Raiders are possibly the best other team in the AFC when they're clicking, but their defense doesn't scare me that much. They don't have the secondary to do what Denver did last year, which was limit the Patriots' fast passing attack which will take away a lot of that pass rush. Hell, just look at what Alex Smith just did to them.

The Chiefs on the other hand, don't really have the offense to exploit the Patriots' defensive problems, but do have a fantastic defense. I'm more worried about the Chiefs defense then just about any other unit in the playoffs, but even they just lost their best coverage LB, which would be a problem against the midget attack and would probably lead to a dozen passes being thrown to James White in that game.

Honestly, no team looks amazing this year, so just gotta get HFA and hope for the best.

My team is so inconsistent that I don't really know what will happen, but they've made some good changes to the defense, havebeen meaningfully run the ball, and are getting their injured players back in a trickle at the right time. They're a full-game up on the Ravens now (thanks btw). I just hope they get out of Cinci without Burfict injuring AB or Bell. If they win out, the AFC West has the potential to cannibalize itself to the point where the Steelers end up the #2 seed. I'm more excited in December this year than last.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Hmm, so if you take away the bad plays the Ravens made, they had a really good deep passing game? Interesting.

I know you really don't like when I rag on the Patriots, but they were beat on both of those plays, and got lucky that Mike Wallace sucks

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Gynecolojustice posted:

Skyrim was awesome, if every RPG game is like that then I have been missing out

Dark Souls, you should play it if you haven't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Good Will Hrunting posted:

He's always been this much of a whiny, petulant child. The thing I hate most about him is still his hats, though.

Confirmed. He's the guy at the office that never, ever stops complaining

• Locked thread