Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Two years in a row a finger injury is going to doom a playoff quarterback to an immediate exit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Man the Jets can't even tank right. And Petty is terrible.

I legit think the Jets would have clobbered the 49ers if Fitz started. Not because Fitz is good, but because Fitz at least has an internal clock. Petty got sacked like 6 times and each time was because he just held onto the ball for ages and each sack killed a drive.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

mcmagic posted:

The giants aren't good or cool.

It'll be okay, little brother

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Naturally Selected posted:

Love to see how they stack up against an offense that actually has a receiver that can A. Catch and B. Hold on to the loving ball.

:salt: :salt: :salt: :salt:

mcmagic posted:

We know how they stack up against such an offense. Badly.

:salt: :salt: :salt: :salt:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

corn on the cop posted:

all sports owners are immoral shitheads, hth

Honestly you can probably point to a solid instance for every one of them.

Giants - Josh Brown, Collusion crap
Skins - well, come on
Cowboys - Greg Hardy situation, jerry jones in general
Eagles - ?
Seahawks - Frank Clark
Cardinals - ?
49ers - pretty much anything York has done related to the stadium and to harbaugh
Rams - scamming St. louis and LA
Panthers - Jerry Richardson arguing against the players in the lockout, despite being a player once
Saints - trying to move the team in the wake of Katrina then playing it up as if he didn't
Bucs - drafting rapist Jameis Winston
Falcons - ?
Vikings - swindled minnesota for new stadium
Packers - are packers fans
Lions - ?
Bears - ?
Bengals - Paul Brown is a cheap gently caress
Browns - Haslam is like an actual criminal
Steelers - defending rapist big ben, sending Big Ben out to play when he sucks, also probably behind collusion crap with the Maras
Ravens - Ray Rice situation
Broncos - ?
Chiefs - ?
Chargers - Trying to swindle and screw over San Diego, did screw Eric Weddle
Raiders - trying to move the team, that loving haircut
Dolphins - Ross tried to screw residents of Miami for stadium upgrades
Patriots - Big 'ol cheater defense
Bills - ? New guy hasn't done anything we know of yet
Jets - generally seems more interested in publicity than a good team
Jaguars - built pools instead of a team and gave away home games each season for london
Titans - gently caress you, houston!
Houston - ?
Colts - Drug addict nutcase

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Iodised QQ posted:

apparently Giants fans are saying that Ereck Flowers was given a 70.9 grade by PFF tonight, which puts him in the "above average" category

Just in case, you know, any of you didn't think PFF was the worst poo poo to ever poo poo yet

It's even funnier because noted PFF owner and shill Cris Collinsworth spent the night rightfully making GBS threads on him

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Lmao at anyone who seriously thinks Beckham isnt amazing

He's been a top WR since his first start and hasnt stopped and is easily the best player on the team

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

MrLogan posted:

Brent Grimes and Gronk had better catches that same week, but aren't a NYC team, so they got ignored.

Link to your incorrect opinions please

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

TheChirurgeon posted:

Nah, he's right tho. The only reason that catch got the attention it did was because it happened on SNF in Giants vs Cowboys. AJ Green makes insane catches all the time and no one gives a poo poo

The catch got everything overhyped because it was the Giants in Primetime against the Cowboys, but I think the anger over the hype it caused has caused people to forget that it was a really loving great catch.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-giants/0ap3000000433606/Beckham-catches-worldwide-attention

Gronk's is good but not quite in the same league. Grimes catch is real good, possibly the same league, but I think it's not as good for several very important distinctions

-OBJ made the catch with only 3 fingers, 2 fingers less than either of the other two
-OBJ's catch was longer downfield than both
-Unlike Gronk, OBJ actually caught a touchdown
-OBJ didn't need two hands to corral it in like Grimes did, he held on with a single hand, as he hit the ground.

And the most important distinction of all that both of you seem to be forgetting, Beckham made that catch while recovering from being blatantly interfered with. It was the best catch of the season and it caused stupid levels of hype, but it was still the best. Everytime I watch the replay in real time it doesn't make sense because it doesn't look possible, nobody thought he actually caught it at first.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Are dudes seriously going to argue that amazing catch is not amazing like we ain't got eyes to have seen it and dicks to have gotten rock hard when we did.

Nah, they just bitter because Odell got hyped into the stratosphere because of it and now they desperately want Beckham to actually be poo poo because he's a diva so they grab any possible argument they can to drag him down because they can't just admit he's real good.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 12, 2016

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

a neat cape posted:

What if I just think the thing with the kicking net was stupid as hell

I mean, that had nothing to do with his ability as a player. I'm not arguing he's not a diva. He totally is. Honestly it might be part of what makes him good.

You can hate Beckham all you want there are plenty of reasons to, but trying to argue the catch wasn't actually great or that he's not that good is just loving stupid.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

MrLogan posted:

It was a great catch, but people saying ODB is a Top 5 WR because he made it are retarded. He's a top 20 WR in the league.

No one here is saying he's a top 5 WR because he made it

they're saying he's a top 5 WR because he is one and anyone who actually watches him play knows that he's more than just the one catch.

I'm starting to be convinced you are Lot's Wife with the amount of salt you're throwing

TheChirurgeon posted:

It was a great catch, it just wasn't THE GREATEST CATCH OF ALL TIME
honestly, Tyree's catch was probably better for sheer hilarity alone

Tyree's catch was better simply because it happened in the SB. Beckham's might have an argument as the best regular season catch, but it will never have the lore of some of the best catches of all time simply because it was a 2nd quarter touchdown in a losing effort in like week 9.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 12, 2016

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I could hear an argument for only top 10 WR. i'd disagree with it, but I could almost buy it, thanks to things Chir has mentioned like he's the main target of a bad offense so he gets inflated attempts or whatever, and that he's on the low end of the top 5, but top 20? Suggesting that he's not even a top 10? I don't understand how someone can possibly argue he's not top 10. He's put up numbers in top 5-top 10 since he started his first game. He's set records for how fast he's gotten to yardage totals and touchdown totals.

fsif posted:

The ODB catch was amazing but I feel like every other Giants game I see he makes a similar catch way out of bounds and I'm treated to several dozen replays of an incomplete catch.

by-product of the hype. Honestly I hate it too. I don't need to see his warmup catches anymore, I know he's good at it. It's started to happen less and less now thanks to him no longer being a new player and more an established presence, but it's still happening too often.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 12, 2016

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

MrLogan posted:

Targets and being bitchmade?

Okay dummy, lets dance. Since literally everyone in this thread is disagreeing with your assessment, even McMagic, who hates the Giants more than any non-NFCE team rival in this forum, lets see who you think is better.

You say top 20, which implies you think he's not top 10 or top 5. So name the players he's worse than. All of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

MrLogan posted:

Wide Receivers currently better than ODB:

Brown
Green
Julio
Cooper
Jeffrey
Tate
Hopkins
Hilton
Allen Robinson
Landry
Fitz
Desean Jackson
Jordan
Cooks
Evans
Dez

Watkins may end up better if he ever gets on a team with a QB and/or that throws the ball.

Or he gets a lot of targets because the offense has no running games, plays from behind a lot, and no other WRs worth a drat. See: 2013 Pierre Garcon.

You put desean jackson and allen robinson above odell beckham, you might have an argument for the dumbest football mind on this forum. So many wrong choices on that list but those two, my god how are you that stupid

But for the sake of argument, i have some questions so you can back this nonsense up

1. Have you actually watched much of the Giants or is your knowledge of beckham mostly just highlights and media talk?

2. What do you think makes a good WR? Good numbers? Beckham has better numbers than most of that list.

3. Why do you value targets so highly? Your argument for targets holds no water because most of the great WRs have similar target numbers and lack of talent around them. AJ Green, Julio, Brown, Hilton...most of that list is high targets/no talent surrounding, but Beckham is the only one not that good? Did you ever stop to consider that maybe Odell gets targeted because he's good enough to warrant the targets? Because despite defenses knowing that Beckham is the only threat on offense and gameplanning around him, he still gets open all the time and singlehandedly wins games by himself?

4. How much paste is in your daily diet

• Locked thread