Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

BrownThunder posted:

Raiders fans' inability to just take the loss and move on is very reminiscent of the 2015 Bengals and I love it

This loss was expected. Hopefully we can win out and the Chiefs and the Pats each lose at least one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Judging by the reaction from Raiders fans, I don't think they believed it was expected as much as they say the opposite.

I expected it, I can't speak for all Raider's fans. It seems like expectations are much higher now than at the beginning of the season.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

corn on the cop posted:

I'd probably have Dez in the top 10 solely on reputation, but he hasn't been anywhere near the menacing motherfucker he once was. Top-5 receivers should be gamebreakers, and Dez while undeniably great hasn't been that guy for a while.

If Dallas still had the 2014 version of Dez Bryant, they'd be 13-0 and heavy Super Bowl favorites.

Brown, Julio, AJ, Odell, Evans, Jordy...that's probably your top-6.

Please stop saying Odell is a top 5 receiver. He's barely top 5 in his own draft class. He is a top 3 bitchmade player, though.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

In this thread, we learn who only looks at fantasy football stats and doesn't watch games.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

BrownThunder posted:

Please don't argue football with Mr "Frank Gore is absolutely making the Hall of Fame" Logan

Frank Gore is making the HoF, you son of a bitch.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Blitz7x posted:

I wish someone like Julio Jones or Larry Fitzgerald or Steve Smith had made "the catch" instead of OBJ

Brent Grimes and Gronk had better catches that same week, but aren't a NYC team, so they got ignored.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Got the week wrong, but these were better catches:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000424952/Wk-10-Can-t-Miss-Play-A-grimy-interception

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000421868/Wk-9-Can-t-Miss-Play-Gronk-s-one-handed-grab

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Are dudes seriously going to argue that amazing catch is not amazing like we ain't got eyes to have seen it and dicks to have gotten rock hard when we did.

It was a great catch, but people saying ODB is a Top 5 WR because he made it are retarded. He's a top 20 WR in the league.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

He is literally currently in the top 5 for the two most important metrics receivers are measured by

Targets and being bitchmade?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Wide Receivers currently better than ODB:

Brown
Green
Julio
Cooper
Jeffrey
Tate
Hopkins
Hilton
Allen Robinson
Landry
Fitz
Desean Jackson
Jordan
Cooks
Evans
Dez

Watkins may end up better if he ever gets on a team with a QB and/or that throws the ball.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

he's not a good WR he just gets a lot of targets because he is open a lot and also frequently makes important catches under pressure but that doesn't mean he is good because *farts self to death, like just straight up to death by his own farts*

Or he gets a lot of targets because the offense has no running games, plays from behind a lot, and no other WRs worth a drat. See: 2013 Pierre Garcon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Chichevache posted:

I'm upset I missed the Harry Douglass dirty talk discussion. I don't have much to contribute to this because I didn't watch that game. I do hate cut blocks and think they should be made a penalty unless they're head on. I will also add this:

The Harry Douglass block may or may not have been dirty, but it absolutely would be an acceptable hit if he had tried to destroy Aqib Talib's knee.

The Harry Douglas block was extremely dirty.

• Locked thread