Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

A one score game against an injured Raiders team at home with is a bad sign going forward sorry Chiefs fans
My good, young team is going to playoffs even after losing :qq:

Sucks that DJ blew out his Achilles. That's likely it for his career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Yeah thats what happens when you start tailgating at noon.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Denver lost to a team that completed 6 passes all day :lol:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Haha, I didn't realize my dumb local news still has a "Hit of the Day" on Sundays.

Today it was Sproles getting blown up on the punt. Good job Fox 4.
"Haha can't wait till he's eating his dinner from a straw now here Don with the weath.......nevermind"

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

The worst thing I remember hearing about Clark Hunt is screwing over team employees--not the players, like people who work in the office--for no real reason during the lockout. I'm probably forgetting something worse than that though.

Also for the Cardinals Bill Bidwill is the original Mike Brown as far as being cheap as hell goes along with relocation over stadium issues and lying to the city he was leaving (he promised St Louis he'd vote for them to get an expansion team, then voted for Jacksonville instead). Their recent success has mostly come when he stopped being as involved with the team.

e: Office, not offense
I don't remember anything about screwing over employees during the lock out, but he certainly had his hand in the mess about Scott Pioli firing people because they were old.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

As I remember they basically laid people off and publicly blamed the players for doing it (while locking the players out, to be clear), which I'd imagine is probably what most teams did. It made minor news at the time. Yeah the Pioli purge might be worse on reflection since there wasn't even a bad excuse for doing that.
Think I remember that now. Think they all got paid in the end but yeah it was a lovely ordeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

C-Euro posted:

I would laugh my rear end off if he bolted but I don't see it. He's worshiped by the Michigan fanbase and it was a huge coup to get him there in the first place so I doubt the administration has done anything to make him want to leave. This will sound cliche but I honestly think Michigan is a better position than the Rams right now, maybe for the foreseeable future. Tell your friends to smoke a bowl and relax.

$$$$$ is all it takes. I could see Kronke offering an insane amount of money if he thought that would turn his team around.

But unless the offer was really insane, I'd think that UM boosters would match it.

• Locked thread