Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pikal
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice
I experimented with many recipes and variations and finally worked out a recipe that I love. Thought I'd share cause I love to add vanilla to my recipe.

Dry
1 Cup AP Flour
1 tbsp Sugar
1 tea baking powder
1/2 tea salt

Wet
1 cup milk
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tea vanilla (real vanilla, stay away from the cheap stuff)
1 egg
1tbsp melted butter

Add vinegar to milk to make butter milk. Let it sit while you measure out the dry ingredients. Use a dry whisk to mix and set aside. Whip the egg and then whisk in the melted butter. Once smooth, mix with butter milk and add to dry ingredients. Don't overmix, small lumps are ok. Should seem a little runny, that's ok. I like to put a little coconut oil (unrefined for more of a coconut taste) on griddle just under medium heat, wipe it off. This is for taste, you're not frying. I like to use a scoop or a 1/4 cup measuring cup to evenly make the pancakes Flip when the bubbles form and just start to pop. I like to top with fresh blueberries.

Easy to change up. Sometimes, I like to put a tbsp of cocoa powder in the mix, just remove 1 tbsp of flour. Or add a teaspoon of cinnamon powder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread