Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
mind the gap union

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Bea Nanner posted:

the MLS is really bad anyone that enjoys it is deluded

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

quote:

And this is the crux, really: it is the terrace culture of English football that MLS fans are most clearly aping, and yet there are things about English football that you just can't ape. For example, you could argue that at the height of its infamy, English hooliganism was fuelled by a poisonous cocktail of dying industry, regional resentment, mass unemployment, racial tension, a war on class loyalty, cruel government, corrupt policing and fading empire. And you could argue that American hooliganism is fuelled by the mostly fictional account of a hobbit getting beaten up at a West Ham match. The two phenomena aren't really comparable, though that didn't stop these NYCFC fans – supporters of a club, remember, who were formed last year, bankrolled by Abu Dhabi oil money – throwing their weight behind the anti-corporate, anti-petrodollar "Against Modern Football" movement:

lol

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Bea Nanner posted:

the MLS is really bad anyone that enjoys it is deluded

Nothing wrong with watching bad football

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

MLS is really bad and terrible but watching a local match with your pals is always good fun

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

What the gently caress are these songs even supposed to sound like?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

blue footed boobie posted:

very carefully haha

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

The first one is almost certainly the tune to yankee doodle

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

the dale one is common in a lot of european stadiums ex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLYOhInXUGY

tho i'm not sure why american fans are singing in spanish

Mean Bean Machine fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Dec 14, 2016

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
the doopin' mental one not so much

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

you know ive never thought about it until now but its truly a testament to how awful Portland/Seattle fans are that Philly fans for once, aren't undeniably the worst fans in the country

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ciprian Maricon posted:

you know ive never thought about it until now but its truly a testament to how awful Portland/Seattle fans are that Philly fans for once, aren't undeniably the worst fans in the country

It's because the union fans are doopin mental whereas the other philly fans are drunk and violent.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
Whose fans dont give a crud?

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

It's because the union fans are doopin mental whereas the other philly fans are drunk and violent.

i'm pretty sure id still rather risk being stabbed by an Eagle's fan than having to deal with some dumb loving cappo melting down on me because i yelled puto

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

atomic gog posted:

Whose fans dont give a crud?

That's The Third Rail, proud NYCFC ultras against modern football est. 2015

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Ciprian Maricon posted:

i'm pretty sure id still rather risk being stabbed by an Eagle's fan than having to deal with some dumb loving cappo melting down on me because i yelled puto
An Iggles fan would be more likely to just call you a fag and drunkenly throw up all over you.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Mean Bean Machine posted:

tho i'm not sure why american fans are singing in spanish

Immigrants. We've got em. They cook better food than we do and they already bought the drums.

At least that's DC, any major city in the NE or SW, Florida, basically everyone but the lily white Cascadians

Ciprian Maricon posted:

True story, I got into it with a young guy who's more goon than goon who decided to give me a full ten minutes argument about how awful it was that we called a player puto (It was against Fort Lauderdale, the guy's name was PC, so PC PUTO became a thing), and I couldn't figure out a way to tell him I understood what he was trying to say while wishing he would gently caress off in a fashion that would resonate for him. North American fans can be really really awful. So I make friends instead.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ciprian Maricon posted:

We're much more into beatings than stabbings tbf.

Eggs
Apr 15, 2007
climt dempsey and lAndon Donovan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

The tetris chant looks like fun :nyoron:

• Locked thread