Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

Well What Now posted:

can poor people even afford to live in Queens any more

No. I live in what has been a border middle class / working class neighborhood for approx. 60 years, and almost all the apartments are filled with Koreans driving Mercedes, Land Rovers , Audi etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

Sheep-Goats posted:

Sounds like Bayside to me

you would be correct sir

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

it's kind of terrible what is happening to the neighborhood and the borough in general. I keep saying there is no way it is sustainable, but people are paying 600k+ for homes built 100 years ago on a plot of land that is basically stacked on top of your neighbors on either side.

also lol regarding the flushing DMV

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

Sheep-Goats posted:

I lived in Elmhurst for a long time and liked it a lot but otoh it would be nice to trade out one jerkoff parlor for an actual bar with women in it.

RIP Queens Blvd Wendys that was the McDowell's

they just shut a bunch of those places down - one of them was on Bell Blvd I believe

• Locked thread