Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

BTW We will try to keep updating at least once or twice a week if possible but please bare with us thx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

If you go into the Gear menu where everyone's equipment is, the last option lets you change their clothes. There's 4 for each character by default and they give you different buffs like more HP, more vitality, etc.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

melodicwaffle posted:

If you go into the Gear menu where everyone's equipment is, the last option lets you change their clothes. There's 4 for each character by default and they give you different buffs like more HP, more vitality, etc.

You ignored the most important stat 'More laughs'

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You guys would have gotten to drive a little sooner if you'd just kept going, Ignis makes Noctis drive if he wants them to go out at night :v:

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Dec 16, 2016

Gnomebitten
Mar 31, 2011

Shave Early. Shave Yourself.
What kind of loving moron thinks Tetra Master is better than Triple Triad.

8 is a dogshit game but the card game is nearly the very worst part of 9

Also good job bandunk I respect you for fuckin up that rhino

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Those dog things are definitely the most annoying normal enemies in the starting area, largely because of how much they move around and that stupid lunge thing where they start clawing Noctis' eyes out that I'm never, ever able to block

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Also, please don't make fun of Prompto, he's my precious idiot son

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
bandunk paid :10bux: to drive the car about 50 feet. Never change bandunk.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
This game is basically the polar opposite of FFXIII and I think that's a good thing, but it still feels like they tried to make an open world game and then desperately backtracked to add anime

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Always make fun of Pompito, he's the moron everyone loves to hate.

Samuel L. Chan
May 13, 2007

Smoking marijuana, eating Cheese Doodles, and masturbating do not constitute 'plans' in my book!
I loved that Gladio immediately shut down Kuvos comments about their clothes being hot in the desert. Perfect timing.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Lord Ephraim posted:

bandunk paid :10bux: to drive the car about 50 feet. Never change bandunk.

It just amuses me that the crown prince of this country, the person next in line to rule over everything, is for some reason not allowed to drive. All the power in the kingdom at his fingertips, no driving privileges.

Maybe it's an image thing? Like the people cannot see their future king doing normal people stuff. He must be chauffeured about by his crew like the precious boy he is.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
It was really great when you guys went "should we maybe do the easier monster hunts first" instead of the hardest one at the first location and ya'll were like

:smug: "Pshaw. We got this," and then got totally wrecked. :allears:

slev
Apr 6, 2009

How many episodes until the sprint button is discovered?

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.

slev posted:

The number of total eps of our lp minus one

GnomeBitten posted:

What kind of loving moron thinks Tetra Master is better than Triple Triad.

8 is a dogshit game but the card game is nearly the very worst part of 9

You're just mad cuz I'm the real Tetra master

topiKal fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Dec 17, 2016

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Could someone compile all of the ways that Ryan has mispronounced Prompto's name so far? tia

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

slev posted:

The real question is if they ever discover the completely unmentioned way to sprint forever. Not sure if this violates the spoiler policy or not but the game never explains it, because as much as I like it the game is kind of a huge mess, so I'm gonna post it.

Press R3 to sprint, press R3 again just before your stamina bar runs out to completely refill the bar, sprint forever. Make sure to enable the stamina bar being visible in options.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Dec 17, 2016

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Oh hey, you found Justice Monsters Five, the actual phone game that released four months ago.

It's just a typical Puzzles & Monsters thing, but with fake pinball.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Rather Watch Them posted:

Oh hey, you found Justice Monsters Five, the actual phone game that released four months ago.

It's just a typical Puzzles & Monsters thing, but with fake pinball.

this pinball is sooo fake :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This game is like Squeenix looked at all the Skyrims and the Witchers and the Fallouts that have come out this decade and realised that they needed to make their next RPG and open world so they did and they made it beautiful and completely missed the point by by populating that world with absolutely nothing worth doing.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Rarity posted:

open world...beautiful...absolutely nothing worth doing.

You say they missed the point but that's basically openworldgames.txt

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Beautiful :golfclap:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

:golfclap: This is so perfect I'm half expecting an 'everything's coming up Ignis!' somewhere down the road.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Zanzibar Ham posted:

:golfclap: This is so perfect I'm half expecting an 'everything's coming up Ignis!' somewhere down the road.

Milhouse is clearly more of a Prompto :colbert:

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I'm glad someone is LPing this game so I never have to touch it myself.

Final Fantasy completely lost me after 12.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Milhouse is clearly more of a Prompto :colbert:

Milhouse would never be able to hold a gun, let alone shoot it/hit anything with it.

e: same with a camera

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Now someone needs to take the previous video's driving scene and Vaporwave the poo poo out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_rC-495Z_A

NOCTIS ON THE ROAD

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

Rarity posted:

This game is like Squeenix looked at all the Skyrims and the Witchers and the Fallouts that have come out this decade and realised that they needed to make their next RPG and open world so they did and they made it beautiful and completely missed the point by by populating that world with absolutely nothing worth doing.

oh no, spoilers

lovely~

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Gladiolus looks like he's spitting mad game at Prompto in this shot

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Danaru posted:

He's waiting for the perfect opportunity to devour those ellipses.

dimenticon
Jun 16, 2014

Me irl, whatever, who cares
Now that the gang has unlocked the cause of what will be at least half their gametime, it's only natural they should emulate the spirit of the game and take this LP on the road, recording at greasy spoons and supplementing with Periscopes of them getting their butts kicked by the local wildlife.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

dimenticon posted:

Now that the gang has unlocked the cause of what will be at least half their gametime, it's only natural they should emulate the spirit of the game and take this LP on the road, recording at greasy spoons and supplementing with Periscopes of them getting their butts kicked by the local wildlife.

The other half is of course fishing right?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Danaru posted:

Ah the bear finds his twink

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This game is so weird. It feels like so many ideas got mashed together with no real thought for the overall cohesion of it. But the most bizarre part has to be how blatant and shameless the product placement gets.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

This game is so weird. It feels like so many ideas got mashed together with no real thought for the overall cohesion of it. But the most bizarre part has to be how blatant and shameless the product placement gets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQYwFND7rHE

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Shenmue 3 is way better than it had any right to be.

U guys seriously need to get some new driving tunes

I speak of the pompito of love

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Internet Kraken posted:

Eh, it's kinda strung together so far, but I'd say it's not as bad as, say, the original Watch_Dogs, where it was really obvious that they mashed at least a few different scripts together with no thought for whether they were contradictory or not.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
What the gently caress is this game. It's like Monster Hunter with more leather and tedium. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Because "Lieutenant" didn't fit.
So are we still doing drinking words? 'Cause if so, I nominate 'Noct.' :v:

• Locked thread