Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Time for us to learn some serious skills on the grill from the grill man himself, Dave Thomas! Here you can check out a sweet training video from Wendy's from 1989. Got some high quality hip hop beats to help you learn some grill skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uexb3BKZNJI

4 minute and 9 minute mark has some good songs you gotta listen too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

fools get tossed
if they reach across
my bbq grill
so continue to chill

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Don't forget to listen for the most-definitely-unauthorized Pink Floyd sample at 3:31
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uexb3BKZNJI&t=211s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt-udg9zQSE&t=22s
Bonus points for the irony that it's sampled from a song about working a soulless existence in the corporate machine

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 10, 2016

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
a burger has a mouth at 10:47 I can't read lips tho, so sorry :shrug:

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I approve their emphasizing that the patties are square so that they will overhang the bun. You've got to have the fundamentals before you can work the grill.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

press the meat
into your face
but add the cheese
before that step

*beatboxes*

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Wtf they had salad and pasta bars at Wendy's?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITBU9VcCZjM

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i think it's pretty cool the wendy's training video lives on and continues to inspire new artists such as lin-manuel miranda

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Before she was captain of the USS Voyager, Janeway was apparently a manager at Wendys.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
grill this motherfucker

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
i thought it was cute as a kid when dave thomas brought the spicy chicken sandwich to a hockey game and the ice melted. but thinking back on it, the rink workers chastised him for it and implied this wasn't an isolated occurrence. in retrospect, it was quite selfish of dave to keep bringing the spicy chickens into the rink knowing full well what was going to happen. hockey games are fun and he was ruining an evening's entertainment for lots of people just because he couldn't be without a spicy chicken for 3 hours. I mean, I understand that feeling, but get it together dave.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
when i worked fast food for a few months in hs, we just stuck the frozen meat on a conveyor belt and it would come out the other side "flame broiled"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

when i worked fast food for a few months in hs, we just stuck the frozen meat on a conveyor belt and it would come out the other side "flame broiled"

within 10 years all fast food employees are going to be replaced by sophisticated vending machines. this was just one of the first steps

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

Tato posted:

i thought it was cute as a kid when dave thomas brought the spicy chicken sandwich to a hockey game and the ice melted. but thinking back on it, the rink workers chastised him for it and implied this wasn't an isolated occurrence. in retrospect, it was quite selfish of dave to keep bringing the spicy chickens into the rink knowing full well what was going to happen. hockey games are fun and he was ruining an evening's entertainment for lots of people just because he couldn't be without a spicy chicken for 3 hours. I mean, I understand that feeling, but get it together dave.

everyone hates water polo too, plus hockey players have like the opposite type of body hair for such a water sport to maximize aerodynamicality

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

when i worked at mickey ds in highschool the goddamn grill would pop open when it was time to flip the meat or put it in the lovely tray thing

how do you gently caress that up

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Rutibex posted:

within 10 years all fast food employees are going to be replaced by sophisticated vending machines. this was just one of the first steps

Thanks Trump.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

When are we going to get robotic ginger women

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

grill this motherfucker

what a loving savage

meats in tubes, he isn't scared

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

grill this motherfucker

extra stout posted:

what a loving savage

meats in tubes, he isn't scared

and fuckin' bacon, :drat:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i think it's pretty cool the wendy's training video lives on and continues to inspire new artists such as lin-manuel miranda

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I liked this picture at my local Wendy's so much...

....a friend got me a blanket.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
lmao at the person forced to remain behind the cash register, unable to take in the wisdom Dave is imparting. so obvious they're in love with dave and want to jump his bones

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if that is really your blanket i am insanely jealous, and i'm not sure if i've ever even eaten at wendy's.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

The guy Trump picked to run the Department of Labor founded Hardees and literally suggested the idea of automating all his restaurants so he wouldn't even have to pay his employees a living wage.

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
Dave Thomas sounds out of breath and brain damaged

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Wendy's has square hamburgers because Dave Thomas didn't cut corners. :smuggo:

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Are there any Wendy's with that Mexican fiesta bar still??

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

haljordan posted:

The guy Trump picked to run the Department of Labor founded Hardees and literally suggested the idea of automating all his restaurants so he wouldn't even have to pay his employees a living wage.

I see nothing wrong with this. Bring on the automation. We need someone forward looking like that in the DoL because automation is coming no matter how many hashtags people put on twitter. You can't force businesses to hire people when it's financially better for them to put in some robots and pay a maintenance fee every 6 months or so.

Also, I won't have to feel shameful ordering 30 double cheeseburgers at 2am when talking to a robot.

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

Dave Thomas is the loving god drat man. Like I needed to see that badass video to know that

foxy boxing babe
Jan 17, 2010

the best hamburgers in the binnus. at wendy's old fayshioned hamburgers.

foxy boxing babe
Jan 17, 2010

haljordan posted:

all those rust belt manufacturing workers who voted for trump must be so excited. trump really listens to and understands the common man.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
i remember ripping on this tape pre-internet, it circulated as a bootleg so people could get high and make fun of it, would get in there with all the skate and bmx vids

e: possible a skater friend stole it from the local wendys? does this phenomenon go beyond my home town?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

givepatajob posted:

I liked this picture at my local Wendy's so much...

....a friend got me a blanket.

holy poo poo

if that is really your blanket i am insanely jealous

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Mr Dave Thomas was a cool guy. Grew up impoverished and in foster homes. Starts a successful burger place. Retires. Gives lots of money to foster system and adoption organizations. His restaurants hire lots of "unhirables" retarded people, scary tattooed freaks just out of prison, old people who are almost dead, etc. Makes a good burger. Best burger honestly. Then when his kids start running the show into the ground he's like well I guess I'll come outta retirement. Rolls up his sleeves and gets to work until he drops dead of a heart attacks on the job.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Dave tomas is one of the few people in the world I look up to and respect

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Pere Ubu makes a good loving burger.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
honestly after watching that an hour ago, I still retain the knowledge of how to make a wendy's burger, so good job rapping burger man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

Trunko posted:

Dave tomas is one of the few people in the world I look up to and respect

• Locked thread