Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Minimalist Program posted:

They're pretty cool but they're also pretty boring.

This is a sad failure for a dog riding a hoverboard, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
every single trend in the world except maybe battery technology has us on a course towards a future of nothing but utter total poo poo, seems kinda inconsiderate to bring new humans into this tbh

also, all dads I know seem utterly miserable behind their brave facade and some will even admit it if sufficiently drunk 

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
also, modern dads with their babybjörns and whatnot are raising a generation of weak men, we need a return to the time when a dad's emotional investment was a firm handshake on your 18th, that way you'd develop complexes that made you do all kinds of industrious and productive things to earn your dad's love instead of living at home until 35 writing a blog about pronouns

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
heh I'm off to drop the 'kids' off at the pool :classiclol:

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Dave Concepcion posted:

every single trend in the world except maybe battery technology has us on a course towards a future of nothing but utter total poo poo, seems kinda inconsiderate to bring new humans into this tbh

Even technology is poo poo. If you have a kid now they'll probably just spend their entire lives with a VR helmet on their head only stopping to eat the poo poo in your fridge at night. You won't even know what they look like apart from their chin.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Dave Concepcion posted:

also, all dads I know seem utterly miserable behind their brave facade and some will even admit it if sufficiently drunk 

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

macdonal hamborkles posted:

heh I'm off to drop the 'kids' off at the pool :classiclol:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I believe the children are our future.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Schweinhund posted:

I believe the children are our future.

thats the problem

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

A misanthrope posted:

thats the problem

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too

John Lennon knew what we need to do

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
On one hand like thanks for giving birth to me and granting me the gift of life but on the other hand lol @ wasting 18 years of your life you stupid sacks of poo poo

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
John Lennon was a wifebeater and 30 years later Yoko's quite willing to ride in on his fame........................ so Japanese

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

A misanthrope posted:

too bad Childfree makes the cause look so bad because goddamn people everywhere need to stop having all these loving kids

Yeah, lol at those idiots who make the cause look bad.

A misanthrope posted:

hey im a suburban dipshit who produces nothing of value except a mountain of plastic trash! meet my kids braydon, jaydon, aidon, braxton and jaxton! you are so selfish for not wanting a home full of little angels like these!

A misanthrope posted:

*deeply regrets ruining life by having children

*tries to shame friends into having kids so they are miserable too

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

"You're selfish for not having children"

really means

"YOU MUST BRING FORTH MORE WHITEYS TO STOP THE UNSTOPPABLE TIDE OF ISLAM"

You should educate these deeply racist people on their internalized bigotry with your wokeness.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Moon Atari posted:

Yeah, lol at those idiots who make the cause look bad.

how many downs babies you fail to abort, moon atari

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
In all seriousness lol the human race is actually going to expand so how's that taste you fuckers who really sorta believe this stuff (that's no one in this thread) ha ha ha ???

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

RobattoJesus posted:

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too

John Lennon knew what we need to do

"throw yo kids in a bog" -- john lemmon

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i seriously do not understand the statement "You're selfish for not having children"

like, the only thing this planet isn't running out of is humans.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
John Lennon basically sucked as a human being and a philosopher and frankly he was a pop musician so gently caress him and gently caress him and gently caress the weird little cult that grew up around him also

neat shades though I wear round sunglasses like that cuz it looks cool

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

In all seriousness lol the human race is actually going to expand so how's that taste you fuckers who really sorta believe this stuff (that's no one in this thread) ha ha ha ???

not great

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

I'm going to be a ghost and follow the entire progress of mankind until the heat-death of the universe when all of mankind's achievements are erased and proven to be completely pointless I'm going to greet the last human to die and say "lol, well that was a big ol' waste of time" with a big poo poo eating grin on my face.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
this was a bad post, by me

Harime Nui fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Dec 10, 2016

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it is possible that technology will advance fast enough to stave off the end of modern society, but i'm not holding my breath.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

Why would he care he's just a ghost in the afterlife now lol doofus

Imma scare him real good because I'll be way more experienced at being spooky

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it is possible that technology will advance fast enough to stave off the end of modern society, but i'm not holding my breath.

lol every single technological advancement with that potential will instead be aggressively exploited for short term financial gain by the already mega rich and if you think otherwise you're a bitch rear end sucka who probably thinks you're saving the planet by seriously considering a hybrid for your next second car

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

RobattoJesus posted:

Imma scare him real good because I'll be way more experienced at being spooky

Well actually I went back and thought about it and what you literally said--- "that was a waste of time"---versus presumably the last human's subjective reflection on having witnessed mankind's works come to nothing, makes it clear it's not this sort of hostile statement I was thinking therefore my initial reaction was totally invalid, hence my editing it out but you did quote it before I could get rid of that so I am explaining my reasoning now.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I just faintly remembered a time when I had opinions and voiced them before I grew up and realized arguing is a waste of time and everyone is terrible

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

when people talk about how bears or deer or whatever animal population need to be culled because they're eating people's trash an running in front of their cars i think about how maybe we should work on keeping our population in check too

is that so crazy to ask? it dont have to be eugenics just wear a jimmy hat goddam

seriously look at this poo poo

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

A misanthrope posted:

when people talk about how bears or deer or whatever animal population need to be culled because they're eating people's trash an running in front of their cars i think about how maybe we should work on keeping our population in check too

is that so crazy to ask? it dont have to be eugenics just wear a jimmy hat goddam

seriously look at this poo poo

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Dave Concepcion posted:

lol every single technological advancement with that potential will instead be aggressively exploited for short term financial gain by the already mega rich and if you think otherwise you're a bitch rear end sucka who probably thinks you're saving the planet by seriously considering a hybrid for your next second car

the only thing that can defeat capitalism is capitalism itself. pity that it will take the combined works of man down with it, but them's the breaks.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
kids suck tho i seriously doubt anyone has them on purpose

like the percentage of people on this planet who look at each other and go "yeah honey let's loving do it let's gently caress each other good and get teh baby up in there; i really want it" and not mean any of that in any dumbass lovely ironic way has gotta be less than 1%

none of the dads i work with have ever told me they got a kid on purpose

and they all tell me about how they love their kids in spite of how lovely they are, and i really believe them. i'm sure they even believe themselves

i'm too cautious to blow a baby up me wife, but i'll never say never when it comes to having kids

gettin close to 40 tho; better poo poo or get off the pot i ain't wanna be the grandpa in the room during parent/teacher nite (i ain't never have kids lmao you loving kidding no loving way ahahaahahah)

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

Well actually I went back and thought about it and what you literally said--- "that was a waste of time"---versus presumably the last human's subjective reflection on having witnessed mankind's works come to nothing, makes it clear it's not this sort of hostile statement I was thinking therefore my initial reaction was totally invalid, hence my editing it out but you did quote it before I could get rid of that so I am explaining my reasoning now.

I hope the last person alive isn't as hasty as you are, otherwise they'll totally ruin the punch line to my multi-million year long burn.

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

I AM THE TOILET posted:

kids suck tho i seriously doubt anyone has them on purpose

like the percentage of people on this planet who look at each other and go "yeah honey let's loving do it let's gently caress each other good and get teh baby up in there; i really want it" and not mean any of that in any dumbass lovely ironic way has gotta be less than 1%

none of the dads i work with have ever told me they got a kid on purpose

and they all tell me about how they love their kids in spite of how lovely they are, and i really believe them. i'm sure they even believe themselves

i'm too cautious to blow a baby up me wife, but i'll never say never when it comes to having kids

gettin close to 40 tho; better poo poo or get off the pot i ain't wanna be the grandpa in the room during parent/teacher nite (i ain't never have kids lmao you loving kidding no loving way ahahaahahah)

if everyone you work with had a kid by mistake you likely work some poo poo job and live in poverty so you are exactly the type of person who shouldnt be having kids ,thanks

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

Invisible Handjob posted:

if everyone you work with had a kid by mistake you likely work some poo poo job and live in poverty so you are exactly the type of person who shouldnt be having kids ,thanks

incorrect ,thanks

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

I AM THE TOILET posted:

incorrect ,thanks

thanks for what? pointing out your garbage life choices? no problem, at least you decided not to have kids!

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
god drat it i'm paying attention to you; that was the worst thing i could have done i'm sorry moving on

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
once i have the resources i plan to make several dozen clones of myself, for organ redundancy

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

what are we going to do when our food production systems fail to keep up with human population growth?

i'm going to eat you and your kids is what im going to do

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

A misanthrope posted:

what are we going to do when our food production systems fail to keep up with human population growth?

i'm going to eat you and your kids is what im going to do

have a few more world wars, probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
I worried that by posting people will find out how broken I really am but I think all women want to steal man babygravy to make crotchspawn because their genes compel them to and men cannot resist putting it in the front hole because that's what their genes compel them to and we are all doomed and that's all.

• Locked thread