Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleSausage
Aug 14, 2003

I'm butter side up, baby.

Taco Defender
The mopvie Children of Men was a good flick until that pregnant lady had to show up and ruin everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

A misanthrope posted:

they are slippery -- covered with snot -- and have no sense of self-preservation

Hell, same.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Minimalist Program posted:

If you go to play-uno.com you can play uno online.

UNO is a cheap gimmick. i play Texas Hold'em with my kids :clint:

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
People who don't like children, amirite

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Invisible Handjob posted:

I've been trying to reach my hands in there to steal the toys for literally YEARS, clearly I don't have what it takes to go all the way

then this is where having children comes in handy. have little timmy push toys out through the hole to you but be warned he won't be able to get out and you will probably have to leave him if you want to get away with this heist.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Rutibex posted:

UNO is a cheap gimmick. i play Texas Hold'em with my kids :clint:

Sounds like somebody never unlocked the secret of Uno.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
*In Werner Herzog voice*
I think there are specific times where Uno is a natural concomitant of the mood. When there's insecurity, collapse of financial systems - that's where a game of Uno always hits fertile ground.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Kibbles n Shits posted:

I actually like children, just don't want any because they steal your life

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I have no children and never will, because frankly it sounds pretty horrible

but that's my personal lifestyle choice, i don't pretend i'm doing it for the good of everyone else because i'm not a sanctimonious rear end in a top hat :shrug:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Kibbles n Shits posted:

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

yeah this pretty much sums up one of the main reasons i don't have kids

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Invisible Handjob posted:

yeah this pretty much sums up one of the main reasons i don't have kids

you know those clickbait articles with those kinds of pictures and they all like "look at the destruction these little scamps caused!" and they are supposed to be cute and funny but i just get mad looking at them

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sale At Albertsons! posted:

Me too. My little son just threw his arms around my neck, gave me a squeeze, and said "big hug!". Curse this terrible burden.

1) Hahaha holy poo poo what a human being you've raised 2) was that before or after he poo poo himself I'm guessing after cus that's like the first thing they do and 3) shut up breeder

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

hahaha my kids are such rascals here let me take some photos instead of beating on them

bing_commander
Aug 14, 2009

In other news..
children are an accident

my hyper vigilance protects me

like hell will i ever plug up my power outlets and put my swords in hard to reach places

TNO
Jul 9, 2006

I drank all your Kool-Aid.

A misanthrope posted:

kids are retarded

They're just padding out their resumes for when child labor gets reinstated and they can take the jobs that only little people can do. Like crawling into the tiny spaces in and around the stamping presses of factories.

bing_commander
Aug 14, 2009

In other news..
make your children work and go into debt for their political science degree to teach them responsibility or something
in reality you just wasted all of your money on overpriced lease cars and expensive satellite tv packages
your life is hollow and your kids hate you

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

BattleSausage posted:

The mopvie Children of Men was a good flick

Great Christmas movie - especially for this year - share it with your family. I may be wrong but that could be a way of building Next Level consciousness. Peace be upon you this season.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

let it mellow posted:

real talk my wife and I are around 40 and had no kids intentionally so we have two houses paid off, travel and dive at will and it owns

we do not rant about crotchspawn or do all that other retard poo poo, we just embrace the DINK lifestyle

DINKs is fine, it's the childfrees that drop words like 'crotchspawn' that are the worst.

also : all those photos of people getting their expensive stuff wrecked by kids are people that should know better than to leave cans of paint anywhere near a toddler. they earned everything they got.

plus, when you have kids you never really own anything nice just in case.

it rules.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

darth_pizza posted:

plus, when you have kids you never really own anything nice just in case.

it rules.

i dont know that seems kind of awful and bad

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The childfree folks are kind of odd, but I'm sure they'll feel differently once they have kids

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

I've seen adults who should have the ability to process conservation who were still about this stupid.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

poorlifedecision posted:

I've seen adults who should have the ability to process conservation who were still about this stupid.

That's not the reason your mom always gave you the smallest slice of lasagne.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I know OP is trying to be smarmy, but being a DINK owns.

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

a new study bible! posted:

I know OP is trying to be smarmy, but being a DINK owns.

Whenever I see someone who says this, I just sort of assume they are poor

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

A misanthrope posted:

kids are retarded

Lol when did you become so unhinged

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

butterbar posted:

Please donate to my gofundme

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

A misanthrope posted:

kids are retarded

You just know that those machines are rigged so that the claw doesn't actually have the grip needed to pull them up by the skull. You have to get lucky and hook them by the ear and hope that they don't shake free before they can be dropped down the prize slot.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Rutibex posted:

once i have the resources i plan to make several dozen clones of myself, for organ redundancy

You can have my cereal boxes if you want.

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
Sometimes I think about how nice it would be to not have kids but then I think about what it would be like to be the weird 50 year old guy in the office with no chidren

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
It's easier to not have kids if you're gay.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Magnitogorsk. posted:

Sometimes I think about how nice it would be to not have kids but then I think about what it would be like to be the weird 50 year old guy in the office with no chidren

You don't have to be the weird 50 year old guy in the office with no children. You can be the guy who retired at 50 because you didn't spend literally millions of dollars on having children.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Part of me doesn't want kids at all, but the other part of me sees the value in an immediate family, especially a few decades down the line.

In a perfect world, I'd be totally happy not having kids and just going over my sister's house as Uncle and Auntie Bloodfart. And seeing the lovely kids be all loud and messy and then being able to leave after the visits and say, "Yup, not having kids was a good idea."

On the other hand, my actual uncle and his wife never had kids themselves, and they were both perfectly happy... until the wife died. Now my uncle is 70 years old and has no immediate family, and lives a two day's drive away from us.

I don't think I'd be okay with that if I was in his shoes. I'd be lonely as hell.

I guess the flip side of that would be, if he did have kids, they could have turned out to be losers or junkies and that would be even worse.

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.

Industrial Meat Package posted:

You don't have to be the weird 50 year old guy in the office with no children. You can be the guy who retired at 50 because you didn't spend literally millions of dollars on having children.

poo poo you're right

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Industrial Meat Package posted:

butterbar posted:

GuitarJunkie
Sep 8, 2004

"Boy, have we got a vacation for you."

butterbar posted:

Making combined 100k with no children makes me a poor alright :smug:

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016

GuitarJunkie posted:

Making combined 100k with no children makes me a poor alright :smug:

Combined 100k means 50k each which is pretty poor, dude

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
who cares though your entire life revolves around your kids now gj

have fun taking any vacation for the next 20 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016

Moridin920 posted:

who cares though your entire life revolves around your kids now gj

have fun taking any vacation for the next 20 years

You never heard of in-laws? Or summer camp?

• Locked thread