Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

butterbar posted:

You never heard of in-laws? Or summer camp?

it's never quite the same my friend

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

My partner and I don't plan on having children. I feel that she gets way more poo poo about it than I do from other women. I feel like I get a "pass" as a guy because when I say "No we don't plan on having kids" people think that, as a male, when the Bio-Clock starts beeping that I will be pressured by my partner into having kids... who will theoretically have been pressured enough by other women into having kids.

Another goon in another thread about parents said it best when they jokingly posted "I didn't suffer through these little shits for some bitch in their 20's to tell me they don't plan on having kids! :mad:"

Anyway, being an uncle is way more fun

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

glowstick party tonight posted:

Heh they always say living child free is selfish but I think it's selfish to have children!

*doesn't realize the person they're talking to is barren*

How is it selfish, I fail to see the mental gymnastics.

Its selfish cause dweebs with hosed up baby bits feel left out, so you better do your part!!!!

Like it sucks to suck with your not-a-disability, huh nerd?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Kids cost ~$250-$350k each, on average, from 0 to 17. Doesn't include college. Obviously way way way more if you live outside of bumfuck nowhere.

I'd much rather have the cash.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
having a kid is probably the most selfish thing you can do and yet hilariously enough it is also one of the dumbest rear end things you can do for your finances and future happiness

esp in this country where everything is designed to dick the worker

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Moridin920 posted:

having a kid is probably the most selfish thing you can do and yet hilariously enough it is also one of the dumbest rear end things you can do for your finances and future happiness

esp in this country where everything is designed to dick the worker

at this point im convinced youre some sort of markov chain bot

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

at this point im convinced youre some sort of markov chain bot

what did i say that was wrong?

you want to see the studies that say as much and attribute most of the happiness gap to lack of programs in the US that help parents like paid maternity leave?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

DINK lifestyle is great, just don't be a dick about it I guess.

It's pretty great that my partner and I can do whatever we want on the weekend. I feel bad for my brother-in-laws that they seem to eat poo poo every waking day of their lives.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Moridin920 posted:

what did i say that was wrong?

you want to see the studies that say as much and attribute most of the happiness gap to lack of programs that help parents in the US like paid maternity leave?

You say the most unremarkable dumb poo poo ever. Your posts are the written equivalent of a giant bowl of soggy oatmeal

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

You say the most unremarkable dumb poo poo ever. Your posts are the written equivalent of a giant bowl of soggy oatmeal

sorry about your life with kids i guess lmao

everything in that post is factual and correct don't be salty about it. nothing more selfish than copying your genes (as if the world really needs your genes lol get over yourself, as if you couldn't adopt one of the many many kids in need), and yet it drains your finances and studies show people w/o kids in the USA are happier than parents.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I just can't imagine your motivation for posthing this crap. I assume it's because IRL when you start talking people just sort of walk away

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Moridin920 posted:

everything in that post is factual and correct don't be salty about it.

This isn't a defense for being so insanely, brutally boring

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
why would i say that irl to anyone lol

This isn't a defense for being so insanely, brutally boring

:qq:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Moridin920 posted:

why would i say that irl to anyone lol

Please filter your posts to things people would actually like to hear then

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Shut the gently caress up, you two

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I don't really care to have kids but if someone else wants to crap out fifty of them, so what. Who's gonna pay my social security when I'm too old to work?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Please filter your posts to things people would actually like to hear then

if you don't want to read about child-free poo poo why are you in a thread about it then lol

i'll never understand you people "let me wander into a thread that I fundamentally don't like then get mad when people talk about the topic of the thread."

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Moridin920 posted:

if you don't want to read about child-free poo poo why are you in a thread about it then lol

i'll never understand you people "let me wander into a thread that I fundamentally don't like then get mad when people talk about the thing the thread is about."

Before you post: Before posting, please ask yourself the following question: "Am I making a post which is either funny, informative, or interesting on any level?"

If you can answer "yes" to this, then please post. If you cannot, then refrain from posting.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Before you post: Before posting, please ask yourself the following question: "Am I making a post which is either funny, informative, or interesting on any level?"

If you can answer "yes" to this, then please post. If you cannot, then refrain from posting.

what the gently caress are you doing other than just saying "you're unfunny" while posting nothing of value yourself and backseat modding? you made 1 post agreeing that people without kids are probably just poors and the rest are mad at me for not being funny.

sorry about your kids dude drat if a forums thread gets you this riled up maybe you should give em a hug or something

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

frogge posted:

I don't really care to have kids but if someone else wants to crap out fifty of them, so what. Who's gonna pay my social security when I'm too old to work?

Because those fifty little assholes are contributing to overpopulation.

The single best thing a person can do in their life to help the environment is to NOT make more people. Like if you really want to be a parent, there are millions of kids who already exist and need a good home. Don't make more humans.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I'm glad that liberals tend to be the ones not having children.

Nobody needs that ideology spread around.

Osric
Sep 25, 2012
I once dated a "childfree" feminist. The fact that she didn't have kids was something she broadcast constantly on social media and in person. Each time she acted like she was disclosing this weird secret about herself but she was twenty-two so people would just look at her confused because there was literally nothing surprising about her not having children.

When I dumped her she announced with great significance that "For you I would have had children" like it was some sort of summative defining statement about our relationship. I (perhaps insensitively) pointed out that we'd only been dating five months, that I'd never brought up having kids, and that I had zero interest in having kids with her.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

spacetoaster posted:

"Adopting kids is terrible also I just can't stop sucking all these dicks!!!" - spacetoaster, 2016

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

There are even worse ones here: http://www.stfuparentsblog.com/ :nms:

To think that that kid's parents (one of them, at least) thought that was an appropriate thing to photograph and put on the internet (most likely some form of social media, as opposed to a site where unbridled grossing-out is accepted).

People keep saying that having kids changes you. Apparently, not always for the better - I've heard plenty of stories of parents acting less maturely than their children, and at least as selfishly as the average r/childfree snob.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Free Dad Gay, So What

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Industrial Meat Package posted:

Because those fifty little assholes are contributing to overpopulation.

The single best thing a person can do in their life to help the environment is to NOT make more people. Like if you really want to be a parent, there are millions of kids who already exist and need a good home. Don't make more humans.

If it's a choice between stopping overpopulation when I'm old and dying anyways or having children that grow up and get jobs that pay my social security so I don't necessarily die in a ditch I'm gonna go with overpopulation contributing to my social security.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

spacetoaster posted:

Sadly, all of their teachers are liberal and are slowly working on rewiring them.

You should homeschool just in case.

Also, don't send them to college.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

frogge posted:

If it's a choice between stopping overpopulation when I'm old and dying anyways or having children that grow up and get jobs that pay my social security so I don't necessarily die in a ditch I'm gonna go with overpopulation contributing to my social security.

Lol social security aint gonna be around much longer. Save the cash you would have spent on children and live a far better life. With more $$$

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

frogge posted:

It's not a choice between those two. Immigration will keep a strong work force available to pay for you.

Or conversely, the Trump-o-calypse will remove all social security anyway.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I never really understood why people get so mad and upset because someone on the internet doesn't want kids.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Ride The Gravitron posted:

I never really understood why people get so mad and upset because someone on the internet doesn't want kids.

Misery loves (and creates) company?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

A good friend was explaining why she is happy and loves life, how dare she!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

lol at her sitting at home fuming over her friend talking about how she enjoys being able to do whatever she wants, that whore!

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

eugenics isn't that BAD as long it's moderated a bit, like tone down what the Chinese did and don't throw babies into rivers, throw them into something nicer

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Encouraging desirably hereditary characteristics need not involve euthanization anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
itt assmad people who dont want kids

stop breaking the thread gimmick shitbirds. if you're so assblasted that you can't suspend your inability to take an opportunity to laugh at some of your beliefs, gbs is more sensitive than byob and more humorless than cspam.

have some self awareness ffs.

t. not kid havver

All of you:

Stupid Dorks posted:

GOD!! Can't these fuckin BREEDERS just understand I don't WANT kids? I hate having to listen to them tell me I might change my mind! It deeply triggers my insecurities that one day I may perhaps might regret not having kids!

• Locked thread