Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Part of me doesn't want kids at all, but the other part of me sees the value in an immediate family, especially a few decades down the line.

In a perfect world, I'd be totally happy not having kids and just going over my sister's house as Uncle and Auntie Bloodfart. And seeing the lovely kids be all loud and messy and then being able to leave after the visits and say, "Yup, not having kids was a good idea."

On the other hand, my actual uncle and his wife never had kids themselves, and they were both perfectly happy... until the wife died. Now my uncle is 70 years old and has no immediate family, and lives a two day's drive away from us.

I don't think I'd be okay with that if I was in his shoes. I'd be lonely as hell.

I guess the flip side of that would be, if he did have kids, they could have turned out to be losers or junkies and that would be even worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread