Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
options
left, use, <left>, swear, left
left, use, <left>, not swear, left
left, not use, left, swear, left
right, use, <left>, swear, left
right, use, <left>, swear, right
right, use, <left>, not swear, right
right, not use, right, swear, left
right, not use, right, swear, right
goku
im gay
im gay goku
View Results

• Locked thread
rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
but its not about the aliens

its about

us

you & me

sitting in a tree

k-i-s-s-i-n-g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
the only rational choice is to fight the peeps who are killing you, which are the aliens. don't sit back and chillax and accept your fate, grab the muses by the pussy and write your own destiny!

Are you a man?
Ay, and a bold one, that dare look on that
Which might appall the devil.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
okay

you make the rational choice

you try and fight them

you lose

all 3 are strapped into your pods

if you don't make a choice, all 3 of you die

if you choose, at least one person lives

now what do you do

~the aliens are a metaphor~

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i pray and do nothing

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
no no no no

"don't sit back and chillax and accept your fate, grab the muses by the pussy and write your own destiny!"

remember?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
BOOM BOOM
THE ALIEN SHIP'S HULL shakes with the fury of an earthquake

oh gawd oh lord its the USS DONALD TRUMP pulling into an orbit retrograde to the alien ship's
BZIZIZIZIZIZIZIZIZIZIZ the Trump's railguns, coilguns and conventional cannons blast beams of projectiles that look like bending streaming lasers
the quartet of 4 gigawatt gimbaled saltwater nuclear engines on the Trump send her into a evasive routine
un TISSSS missile sized decoys buring with the fury of the sun mask the Trump's approach

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo

i hate it when that happens

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
simultanious detonations of gigaton warheads dazzle the aliens sensors (which is what causes the alien ship to shake in the first place)
droneships launched from earth via converted ICBM streak past the alien ship, pelting her with tiny 1mm rounds that penetrate through the alien's wafflesheilds causing the sound like raindrops to our three heroic prisoners who have used the distraction to get free themselves of their restraints!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
The USS Trump burning at a varying 10 g acceleration spirals in randomly towards the alien ship, reducing the relative velocity, constantly firing 10mm railguns, 1mm coilguns and 45mm and 105mm conventional cannons which mostly act to annoy and penetrate the outer layers of the alien ship's armor!!

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
i roll for hotness

how hot are the aliens

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
the dashing young captian of the USS Trump gives the warning order to the USMC
"CONTACT, 1 MINUTE"
grizzled space marines stim up and check their devastating weaponry one last time

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
waPA STITISITISTISIHSISHSIHSIH hhh the grapples release. (this is what they sound like on the USS Trump, ofc there is no sound in space) when the grapples slam into the alien ship they sound like KA THUNKKKSHUSSISHISHS
the marine grappleships are away!!!! the USS Trump overshoots the alien ship at a high relative vel (Remember retrograde orbit) butr the marine grappleships shwooomp out of the Trump and swing widly still belaying chainage to maintain a maximum 10g accel on our company of brave space marines!@!!!

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
wait wait wait

what's the armor class of the alien ships

and what's the armor piercing rating of the grappling hooks

hold on i gotta look this up

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Baloogan, back in the pod/execution room, making sure none of his compatriots are still strapped into the pods or anywhere near the pods, yank out the drat lever, which he notices is razor sharp where he yanks it out. he can hear rushing air, and his ears are slightly poping, seems like a projectile or two have gotten through into pressurized compartments!

an alien rushes into the room, and baloogan cleaves the snake headed alien in twain with the DUMB loving LEVER !!!!!!!!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
the snake alien has tits.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Baloogan and co run into the hallway, noting that the alien doors automatically open and shut for any intentional movement near the doors. He spends a second experimenting with the door, seems dumb to have automatic doors on a space ship

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Baloogan posted:

the snake alien has tits.
loving score!!!!!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

and these snake aliens are dumb enough to think up this pod scenario :|

anyhow long story short, baloogan reaches the bridge, fights then teaches the alien captain snake the meaning of love, the marines board the ship take everything the gently caress over there are 1000s of alien snakewomen prisoners (only the female snakealiens become adults, the males are consumed during mating)
the USS Trump comes along side the alien ship (which Baloogan renamed the USS Bounty after taking command of the prize) and everyone is a hero!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
actually they dress more professionally than the snake alien in that pic

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Al! posted:

not particularly

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
the snake alien who was cut in half (but, got better, alien medicine is way better than ours) was one of the psychologists and kinda dresses like

while most of the crew of the space ship were in this sort of uniform with vest and a helmet/neck thing that can seal

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
So the first movie stops there, but the second movie cold opens with a new moral dilemma. Catch the Heroes You Love in the next Good People movie:

Good People II: Trolley Problem

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Baloogan you are not only a good person but the best person.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Why are aliens such bad people

Baloogan is pretty good though.

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

can i have sex with the other two people before going into the deathpods

this is important

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

i legit dont understand why your poll doesnt include center position

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Maybe the aliens dont want us to pick that one. Probably means we should pick that one

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

Refusal to cooperate with captors is a hallmark human trait.

Also I was going to write Nate Silver into Baloogan's fanfic and make some dumb 'Better Nate than lever' joke but, much like the original, it wasn't worth the effort. Pretend I did and it was very disappointing.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

rudatron posted:

I'm posting this because I would appreciate some answers, about a thought experiment. I would appreciate it if everyone answered seriously, at least once.

Imagine the following scenario:

~~~

It turns out that the EmDrive is not a hoax,

you lost me here OP

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
hes already in the fan fiction as a peternerally dishelved space pirate whos obsessed with statistics

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Baloogan posted:

the only real answer is band together to kill the aliens, gently caress their games. imagine if north korea did this with american prisoners? the only moral option is to try to escape and not play sick games with your captors

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

i didnt read most of the op but did I see we get a guarantee that our compatriots would share our temperment? so we know they will totally have our backs in regards to being obstinate fuckers that refuse to cooperate right down to the bitter end

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

I would do nothing, its probably a secret test of character or something

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
it's not a secret test of character, it's an open, explicit test of character

sitchensis posted:

can i have sex with the other two people before going into the deathpods

this is important
yes

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

suicide may be painless but murder suicide is still a crime

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
also the aliens don't care if you don't cooperate, so your spite is pointless

stop focusing on the aliens here, they are a device, it's about the actual choice

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

rudatron posted:

also the aliens don't care if you don't cooperate, so your spite is pointless

stop focusing on the aliens here, they are a device, it's about the actual choice

This sounds like something the aliens would say tbh

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

im pretty sure not letting them kill us to answer a hypothetical ethics question is actually the most moral choice though

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Heaven Spacey posted:

im pretty sure not letting them kill us to answer a hypothetical ethics question is actually the most moral choice though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Heaven Spacey posted:

• Locked thread