Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The Leftovers Season 3 -Premieres April 16, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAB4Ux62Dww

drunkill posted:

New teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOWrp7QlW4c

April 16th can't get here soon enough.

We're back this season and we're going to be in Australia. Not sure if that's technically a spoiler since the filming location has been documented in the press pretty heavily. I'm excited as hell.

Previous threads:

Season 1
Season 2

Last Chance fucked around with this message at 15:29 on May 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

If they could not change the title sequence from last season I'd appreciate it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Very vague trailer talk, spoiler'd just in case:

Either the trailer for this season is misleading or the showrunners lied because the trailer makes it sound like "where'd everyone go?" is gonna be discussed.

Also, I'm gonna be the one guy who legit enjoyed season 1 more than 2.

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012

precision posted:

Either the trailer for this season is misleading or the showrunners lied because the trailer makes it sound like "where'd everyone go?" is gonna be discussed.

after it aired it felt like season 2 was the best season of tv i've ever seen

then i went back and rewatched them both recently and gently caress if i didn't think season 1 was absolutely surperior. i think it starts a little rough, and some of the teen stuff is ehhhhh, but from the matt episode onwards it's so loving incredible

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

precision posted:

Season 1 and 2 are both good IMHO. Do you have a link to the trailer you're talking about?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ha, there's this. It's a fan-edit, only using older footage.

There's waaaaay too much craziness crammed into it, but I still got chills. Maybe it has to do with the fact that 'The Day The Whole World Went Away' is one of my favourite NIN songs. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HzCWqPhi0o

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

FrensaGeran posted:

I think it would actually be great to have a third title sequence. The first two each felt like how a different in-universe artist would interpret the departure, and continuing to explore that concept would be cool.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Last Chance posted:

Season 1 and 2 are both good IMHO. Do you have a link to the trailer you're talking about?

I've only seen it on HBO Now

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

precision posted:

I've only seen it on HBO Now

Ugh, I just checked Canada's site for that (well, Bell's TMNGO/HBO Canada hybrid thingy) and there's nothing. :negative:

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Saw the new thread and got excited, now I'm bummed that we have to wait until April. Looking forward to a binge watch before the new season starts.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

FrensaGeran posted:

I dunno. It'd be super weird to have those credits -- they're super American, filtered through that kind of in house corporate advertising / Christian singles retreat vibe. Given this season is in Australia, I'd really love them to have a set of credits that incorporates the Australian landscape and stuff. That, and i don't know how much the water theme would fit in with the new season (though they could easily contrive something to make it fit...)

Speaking of which, I'm a little bummed out that they're not adding any Australian actors to the regular cast this year. The only addition is Lindsay Duncan, who's a Brit.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
We don't know if they filmed the whole season in Australia, do we? We just know some of it has been filmed there.

PUMPED AS HELL FO DIS

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

We don't know if they filmed the whole season in Australia, do we? We just know some of it has been filmed there.

PUMPED AS HELL FO DIS

From what I understand (very, very minor spoilers): most of it was filmed in Australia, with some stuff shot in their Jardin locations before the entire unit moved overseas. I imagine there'll be as much stuff shot in the US as there was California based material in Season 2 -- perhaps less.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

PUMPED AS HELL FO DIS

They were filming it here for about three months. I assume that means a lot of the show will be based here.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Octy posted:

They were filming it here for about three months. I assume that means a lot of the show will be based here.

Yeah, it's only an eight episode season.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ahh ok then. I guess I was hoping the spiritual stuff wouldn't be the entire focus, but this doesn't necessarily mean it will be.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, it's only an eight episode season.

Aw drat. I'm of the mind that, while I love the show, I'm ok with only 3 seasons, but drat... They couldn't even get 10 episodes for the final run? :(

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Aw drat. I'm of the mind that, while I love the show, I'm ok with only 3 seasons, but drat... They couldn't even get 10 episodes for the final run? :(

I don't think it's that they couldn't. It's that they didn't need to. After Stranger Things, I will take an incredibly tight 8 over 10-13 episodes w some meandering in em.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I'm way too excited about this upcoming season.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

LOST messed a lot of people up

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

LOST messed a lot of people up

I've watched it three times and I still miss it. The Leftovers is a great show which I thoroughly enjoy watching at the time, but I can't say it has the same effect. :(

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
is justin theroux going to be more or less sweaty than last season?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He can be whatever the hell he wants, I'm a straight married man and even I wanna gently caress him.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

The only downside to short seasons is that we will see less of those really off-beat risk taking episodes. I'm talking in general, not Leftovers specifically. In fact I don't think we need to worry about this show not taking risks.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Octy posted:

I've watched it three times and I still miss it. The Leftovers is a great show which I thoroughly enjoy watching at the time, but I can't say it has the same effect. :(

In many ways, maybe every way, Leftovers is a better show. With that said, I love Lost way more and always will.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Witchfinder General

I just started on this and am up to episode 6 in Season 1. This is some drat good TV.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Octy posted:

Depends on what you liked about LOST (other than the character work). If you liked the more action-adventure style aspect I would maybe suggest some of Once Upon a Time?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Sober posted:

Depends on what you liked about LOST (other than the character work). If you liked the more action-adventure style aspect I would maybe suggest some of Once Upon a Time?

I feel like Westworld was a pretty good successor to LOST in that respect: mixing mystery, drama, action-adventure, and revelatory backstories together.

I had actually forgot that OUaT actually used the "featured character backstory flashback" formula like LOST as well; it's actually a pretty solid show although a little cheesy and formulaic so my wife and I dropped it after a few seasons.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Witchfinder General

Well I am all caught up and season 3 is to far away. That was something for sure. I am not even sure what the hell is happening. I hope they never explain the disappearances ever.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I kinda want to know but I suspect it wouldn't be anything near what I could imagine up.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Lindelof vehemently denying they'll touch on what exactly happened makes me think they just might.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It obviously has to do with Azrael

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Witchfinder General

It would suck if they explained it and just like ruin the whole show because it doesn't loving matter what exactly led to the disappearance.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I agree. Glad you dig the show, btw! Season 2 is such a masterpiece unffffff

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

I just want to let the mystery be.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I just want to let the mystery be.

I'm still amazed how good the second season was. I thought the first season was decent but was blown away by the second. I still occasionally go back and watch Kevin's kind of bad but awesome karaoke.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The soundtrack to this show is so good.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I think I'd be happy either way if they reveal what happened, though there seems to be a lot of evidence suggesting they won't.

I hope we continue to get more Administrative Decay in this final season. I want to see the fallout of the Event resulting in countries going to war against each other for no reason other than to cleanse the vermin or precious bodily fluids.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Damnit, I saw this thread on the first page and thought that the new season was starting up, especially since their big drama show Westworld had just ended n they usually have a replacement show right away. Disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

savinhill posted:

Damnit, I saw this thread on the first page and thought that the new season was starting up, especially since their big drama show Westworld had just ended n they usually have a replacement show right away. Disappointed.
Funny, I missed discussing this show and thought it was due for a new thread because they announced the April airdate and it's only a few months away.

It's interesting how people view these things differently!

• Locked thread