Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Hilario Baldness posted:

Max Richter's music is amazing in the series.

It gets played fairly often throughout the show, but I always really dug the song that plays during the bridge scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The music during the Hotel scenes is great and the contrast between tone and the scenes causes me to laugh

Almost done the rewatch, I even enjoyed Meg this season

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
I'm up to S2E5 otherwise known as Matt's very very very bad day.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Any non-spoiler speculation on how the show might end? Finishing the second season today, I thought everyone returning without explanation would be pretty bittersweet.

That or the departed and more appear, I've always thought a multi-universe thing could be going on since Dean "The man with no past" Dogman

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
More people disappear.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Maybe it will just go black because we the viewer have departed :aaaaa:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Kevin finds a way to contact the departed with his ability to cross over to "the other place" while it's never clear what exactly happened to them, he is able to give closure to a world in great pain and everyone can heal.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Last Chance posted:

Kevin finds a way to contact the departed with his ability to cross over to "the other place" while it's never clear what exactly happened to them, he is able to give closure to a world in great pain and everyone can heal.

Or some of this happens but no one believes him.

It does have some nice parallels to the Crazy Wayne stuff though.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

tomapot posted:

I'm up to S2E5 otherwise known as Matt's very very very bad day.

Book-of-Job.avi

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I would watch a season where the departed come come back exactly as they were with absolutely no explanation of what happened. Just focus on the returnees dealing with a world that moved on without them.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

UmOk posted:

I would watch a season where the departed come come back exactly as they were with absolutely no explanation of what happened. Just focus on the returnees dealing with a world that moved on without them.
Yeah that could be pretty interesting.

Like even if it was just Nora's husband and kids coming back to find out Nora is not only with some other dude but has an entirely different family now, when from their perspective no time at all has passed could alone generate tons of interesting drama.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The finale will be at the countdown to the world ending and it cuts to credits

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

Mu Zeta posted:

The finale will be at the countdown to the world ending and it cuts to credits

I really feel like it will end something like this. At least, the season will lead up to the anniversary day of the Departure and then end before showing us the actual day.

Although when I saw the first trailer for this season I though the part with everyone in different locations looking up at the sky in shock was possibly the sun going out, since that's the only thing I can think of that would cause people all around the world to react that way at the same time.

UmOk posted:

Haven't there been a few shows like this? Like The 4400, The Returned, Les Revenants.

I'd rather they didn't do anything with the departed people, except maybe something small like have departed characters as unremarkable extras in the purgatorial hotel world.

Lord Krangdar fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Apr 16, 2017

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Lord Krangdar posted:

Although when I saw the first trailer for this season I though the part with everyone in different locations looking up at the sky in shock was possibly the sun going out, since that's the only thing I can think of that would cause people all around the world to react that way at the same time.

Or aliens :tinfoil:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Every pre-release review for this season (critics got 7/8 eps) has been so absurdly positive and I could not be more excited right now

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

Every pre-release review for this season (critics got 7/8 eps) has been so absurdly positive and I could not be more excited right now

What they don't know is the last episode breaks the fourth wall to follow Lindelof's breakdown as he realizes he's on a deadline but has no idea how to end the show.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

Unrelated but I've started watching Legion and I just wanna say I friggin love your av.

Anyway HYPE

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Have targeted ads just gotten really good, or has there been a LOT of hype for the final season?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm in LA right now and HBO seem to have a monopoly on the billboards here right now. Seen loads of ads for Leftovers as well as Veep and Silicon Valley.

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

We're spread, we're spread, we're spreading our.... wings! :v:
It's almost Gametime! Let's go.

Also I love the ABBA song they used for the trailer. I get a very nostalgic DHARMA vibe from the music video.

HanabaL03 fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 17, 2017

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

HanabaL03 posted:

It's almost Gametime! Let's go.

Also I love the ABBA song they used for the trailer. I get a very nostalgic DHARMA vibe from the music video.

It comes on at 9 ET, one more hour to go.

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

Someone please refresh my memory, we never found out what Kevin wished for from Wayne?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

HanabaL03 posted:

Someone please refresh my memory, we never found out what Kevin wished for from Wayne?
The implication was that he wanted his family back together.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
When the gently caress does this start

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

When the gently caress does this start

40 min

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

:bisonyes:

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

HanabaL03 posted:

Like Raxivace said, it was implied that he wished for his family back together but what he got against all odds was a new family, complete with a new baby and even a new dog.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I like to think Wayne smiled because he realized Kevin was going to raise his daughter

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Is this the cavemen scene of season 3?

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

El Jeffe posted:

Is this the cavemen scene of season 3?

This is like that Harold Camping guy who kept predicting the end of the world and when it didn't happen would change the date.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

tomapot posted:

This is like that Harold Camping guy who kept predicting the end of the world and when it didn't happen would change the date.

Oh poo poo, they were proto-GR

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

This is so loving great

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

:stare:

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler
Is that a big inflatable Gary Busey.

Edit: yes it is and where can I get one?

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

:laffo: Busey got departed

e: Well Kevin's not a dogman, that's good to know.

e1: the gently caress

El Jeffe fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Apr 17, 2017

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

Holy poo poo. What an episode.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Phenomenal. The preview was insane too.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

First 30 minutes: "oh man, everything seems really happy"
Last 30 minutes: "fff everything getting really sad"
Last 15 seconds: "yes we all know it's Kevin's dad now . . .:psyduck: :wtf:"

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Yowzer, that's a head scratcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009