Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I knew I liked that goat :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Onomarchus posted:

I'm just going to say it. Nora's messenger pigeon hive operation reminds me of Mike Tyson Mysteries.

"Tho, I athked the doctuh to thend be beyack. Tho he did, and now Ahm heah with you, Kevin!"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

"Ugh, WHY didn't Walt just work with Gretchen and Elliot again? This is so STUPID!".

Because that guy wouldn't get a show.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ok, in the ABBA trailer for the last season, there's a quick conversation between Jill and Kevin, where it goes something like

Jill: I guess this is it.
Kevin: What do you mean?
Jill: The whole "world ending" thing?
Kevin: *laughs* Oh, right...

Did this happen? Or was it cut?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

You have to be less than human to have believed for an instant that Nora was lying

Uhhh.. Ok, dude. :stare:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Last Chance posted:

it's okay. i read about this. i think that's called "Hyperbole" -- i looked it up via Google

Yes, I know. But at the same time, goons.

Add that to the fact that it was specifically filmed and acted to be taken either way.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lord Krangdar posted:

You may have misread those interviews. When the idea was first mentioned at their brainstorming session way back before they wrote the rest of the season it was intended to be an unambiguous look at Nora's journey into the world of the departed. But that was just one moment at the start of a long process. Doesn't mean that was still the intended meaning by the time the whole creative process was over. IIRC Perotta vetoed that idea pretty much right away, and then later during the production of the episode they didn't tell even Carrie Coon which way to play the scene. They let her choose.

But let's not forget what Lindelof said about shooting the first scene of the show, with the woman in the car. Someone from the crew said "what if we shot it another way, too, from the perspective of the baby, and mom is gone?" and they didn't do that, only because they were losing light. Since then, that idea stuck in his head.

Also, I'd like to think that in the other world, there was finally a full Perfect Strangers reunion show.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

"I have an MA...."

".... your view is extremely retarded."

:thumbsup:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

RentACop posted:

It sounds like they meant to have the mom be one of the 2% in this hypothetical scene

What? I thought he was pretty clear on how the crew member was meaning that they'd show what happens from the perspective of the 2% at the moment of departure.

Edit: that is a goddamned terrible sentence but I'm tired and wish that this barely-sleeping infant would at least temporarily depart for dreamland. :argh:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

Remember that kid who did really well on the Math test because he was sitting next to the smartest kid in class, but then the teacher changed the seating arrangement?

Oh, Nicky Pizzas...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

This is heresy but I haven't seen Season One of TD. I enjoyed Season Two, though.

Holy poo poo, you are then in for one amazing season of tv then. :toot:

Seriously, check that poo poo out ASAP, great stuff. If you actually liked Season 2 :stare:

It's really akin to saying 'Man, Batman and Robin was SO good! It was the fourth one? I should probably watch the first one then."

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

Was there any significance to that issue of National Geographic, in the end?

I could be wrong but I think it was a link to the fact that Kevin and Patti were going to end up in Cairo, New York.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Any Regina King fans should check out American Crime. It's a (now cancelled) anthology series, and she's on each season :allears:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm visiting family tomorrow, and I had to a dream that they wanted to watch this show, but only in quick recap :negative:

And apparently in my dream's universe, this was a normal thing, because I had a tape (yes, tape) ready to show to them.

Everything was more or less on track, but during the end of season 1, there was an old man character who was fairly built and went everywhere naked except for a towel around his waste (and sometimes he was just in a bathrobe), holding two sticks of dynamite that he continually would threaten to light. His undoing was setting up a hostage situation in some shack, like the Cairo one, and the cops (Kevin included) shut off his power to get him out. He accidentally lit one of his sticks when it got too close to a candle he had lit for light.

Right before he blew himself and everyone else all to hell, he whispered something to one of the hostages. Then the entire shack exploded in glorious slow motion.

Towel dynamite dude was played by Patrick Stewart.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Hipster_Doofus posted:

You had me at the dynamite, but Patrick Stewart was a phenomenal finishing touch.

I didn't want to give away the best part right off the bat.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I legitimately had no idea this existed :stare:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

I was walking home yesterday and saw an old refrigerator sitting on the curb in front of someone's house. It made me think about updating my "Least Lucky Person in the 2% Universe" power rankings for a new #1: Paul Glouski.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ3dE16t8HE

His "friends" threw him inside an old refrigerator in the middle of the woods as a prank.
And then they disappeared.

:stare: LLJK?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Raxivace posted:

A goon worked on the show and left that in as a shoutout, supposedly. There's a post buried about it somewhere deep within the season 1 thread.

Wow, really? Holy poo poo.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

el oso posted:

This show is a total masterpiece and I look forward to introducing it to people for years to come. I'm so glad it's showing up on many year-end lists. Absolutely brilliant.

Where's this gif from? Matt originally says that at night, and he's not looking directly into the camera.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Gorn Myson posted:

Its the last scene in the boat episode

Weird, I totally remember that scene differently.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Niwrad posted:

One funny thing is they probably paid good money to have Janel Moloney play a catatonic character for two seasons and then had to cut her out for budget reasons.

I really loved how she sort of showed up in International Assassin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Surprising opinions. I think Season 1 was the least Lindelof and I love Lindelof. Season 2 was a perfect season of TV and International Assassin was the best episode of any show I’ve ever seen.

I really love International Assassin, but Ozymandias and the season 5 finale of The Shield juuuuuuuuuuust manage to beat it.

• Locked thread