Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.

Niwrad posted:

The soundtrack to this show is so good.

I am also in love with the soundtrack (in addition to the show). Max Richter also did the soundtrack for Miss Sloane; I only listened once a few weeks ago and while I do remember thinking it had what I would consider a signature of what I grew to like in the Leftovers soundtrack, I can't say it hooked me as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Add me to the "I think season one is better than season two" camp.

I'm not sure if it matters but I never watched Lost. *ducks*

Aexo
May 16, 2007
I didn't binge watch season two and I still think season one was better. I'm not saying season two was poo poo, it's just that I enjoyed everyone's story in season one more than two. The imaginary Patty thing was trying. The "afterlife" was mostly nonsense. I liked getting to know the Murphys and the suspense Kevin had trying to not get caught.

I'm rewatching it now though, so maybe my opinion will be swayed on further review.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Have targeted ads just gotten really good, or has there been a LOT of hype for the final season?

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Overall a decent episode.

Maybe the Lily story is tied to Nora's broken arm?

I don't get why John is clinging to the belief that Evie is still alive, but it must mean that she is.

Aexo
May 16, 2007

Last Chance posted:

Why does that necessarily have to be true :confused:

It was kind of tongue-in-cheek about the absurdity in this world.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
This whole episode was about suffering and coping mechanisms for those that are too thick to get it.

While the "I didn't even know you existed." line was very cold, I think Tommy might continue to carry the drive to protect Christine/Lily and saying it could be his attempt to tell Nora to let Lily go... That Lily wasn't meant for her.

I feel like in a way Nora was the Guilty Remnant for tower guy. Stop wasting your breath type thing. But she probably has also seen a lot of fake departures and has little tolerance for it.

What does the thread think? Do you think Nora is going to tell Kevin why she's going to Oz or leave him in the dark? Is she going because she wants to debunk the forced departure or does she believe it's really possible? Does Kevin want to join her because he needs her in his life for stability or is he consciously going to seek out his dad? I think the fact that she laughed at him when he asked for a baby but didn't explain that she sought out Lily and also has been given this opportunity means she might hide it from him the entire time. And I think it's a little bit of both as far as debunking forced departure and hope that it's real. As for Kevin.. He said he didn't want to die, so leaving Jarden to try and kill himself seems unlikely. But Australia is pretty big if he doesn't have an exact address for dad.

What's with the electronics not working for Nora? Maybe she's gathering radiation on her own?

Matt Zerella posted:

They were feeling sad and down and jumped on a trampoline. Trampolines are fun and good. This isn't hard.

This! Coping mechanism! Find happiness in the small things!

drunkill posted:

So they invented a machine to microwave the leftovers?

New thread title.

Longbaugh01 posted:

So...this random youtube person made and uploaded this video on April 14th. He just happened to guess that they were going to use the Perfect Strangers theme for the opening based on the "Don't Be Ridiculous" episode title. This is pretty loving amazing if true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZUFbEpSOCw

I'm guessing there's no chance that he or someone he knows had viewed the episode prior to release? Didn't they let the press see every episode but the last months before the first episode airing?

Aexo
May 16, 2007
What if the departed just traveled though time?

When that Malaysia Airlines flight went missing and time went on and they couldn't find anything I liked to daydream they traveled through time and would show up some time in the future.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
As someone who really didn't fanboy over the International Assassin episode (also thought s1>s2), I'm surprised I enjoyed the latest episode so much. This last episode has to be my favorite so far. I'm so bummed this show is over in one more week.

Canadian Surf Club posted:

Felt like that episode could have been the series finale itself. "What do we do now?" as the lingering note the show leaves on literally and thematically

Me too!

Aexo
May 16, 2007

Guy A. Person posted:

You're one of those 700k you lunatic. Why not spend your time watching and discussing all of these actually good shows instead of spending hours out of your week watching a show you hate and fishing for insults in here so you can act like a victim?

Oh gods... Forums poster oliwan is... Nora?

Also, I'm checking out till after the finale. Peace, thread!

Aexo
May 16, 2007
So did the world Nora visit lose 98% of the population? Or was it a mirror world where the 2% went to? If the former, where did their 98% go to? If the latter, how was there infrastructure already in place?

Chadzok posted:

i want a fourth season where it turns out that because of the machining people back and forth one of the universes starts to die and they go to war with each other and poo poo that would be loving sweet

This is literally a major plot line for Fringe.

Aexo
May 16, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

The Leftovers will go down as one of HBO's greatest shows that people didn't watch at the time, in line with or greater than The Wire and Carnivāle.
Fixed that for you.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Weird, I totally remember that scene differently.

Most of the scenes are at night and during that crazy party. But the dude gets tackled as he's leaving the boat when they arrive and this is Matt's response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aexo
May 16, 2007
I've always been a Season 1 (is better than season 2) supporter. I feel like for most of the episodes it focused on one character and their story and intertwined it well with progressing the overall story fairly well.

• Locked thread