Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

If they could not change the title sequence from last season I'd appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

smashtcrusht posted:

This show is really awesome and we are spoiled loving rotten finding ways to complain they didn't give us a better intro and that's OK.

This show is a masterpiece every single week and I'm eternally grateful to everyone involved.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I figured Kevin regressing back to his down-home police chief persona was kind of thematically on point in a show mainly about people futilely trying to get their old lives back despite batshit crazy things happening to them. It's A Good Show, people.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

Like it was a socially-segregated place full of the same charlatans like the goat guy where people were willing to murder him and his family in service of and because of that division. Like I just don't understand how a guy feels driven to serve those kinds of people, especially after he'd lost connection to his father.

Isn't Jarden an open community in this season? I thought the idea was that it was just another town after what happened three years prior, and Kevin was keeping the peace. I might be wrong.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Like if you want to buy into Lindelof's story that this is still a "character study", why would you have a three year time jump when these characters have changed drastically in the span of days or hours. You're kinda disrespecting your audience to say "and then for three years after an armed insurrection and drone strike on a cult that invaded the town, everybody stayed basically the same" and then a month after that, they all leave the country and their relationships.

A three year time jump doesn't say "these characters have been back to normal for three years" it means "it took three years for these characters to get back to normal".

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Getting back to normal is a really big part of character development and arguably the main drive for every character on the show; it's insane to skip it.
Time jumps happen all the...time in television. You could argue it's cliche but no it's not insane.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Kevin might've told everyone in his life that he was just visiting his dad in Australia. Laurie had no idea he was still searching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I'll be on my forth rewatch of TD s1 this year. Feels good. very excited.

Look at this guy with his MA in spelling. :rolleyes:

• Locked thread