Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Open Source Idiom posted:

I'm Australian, and I work in film, so I hope that counts for something.

Like, honestly, describing Australian film as "primal, ancient and spiritual" is a bit doofy and patronising. But hopefully the show won't be?

If Ernie Dingo turns up as a wise Aboriginal man, or one of the Garveys goes on walkabout, I'll call shenanigans though.

I was just about to post I bet David Gulpilil will be in this season and then I watched the trailer and I'm pretty sure that's him in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

There's something so sad that John and Laurie have just grown comfortable in this life of lying to people now. That was actually one of the saddest things that stuck out to me in the premiere.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Apr 17, 2017

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

One little detail I noticed the Jardin police uniforms have their American flag patches on backwards as that's how's it's worn when they are considered to be at war.

Just noticed this in contrast when watching the season 1 episode The Garveys at their Best the Mapleton uniforms have the flags facing the normal direction.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Yeah, the explosion was not in the hotel. I don't think they'd ground all flights because there was an explosion in a hotel.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

It wasn't the answer that made them back off Nora. It was the way she answered it. They wanted someone who answered Yes or No right there as that's the kind of person they'd want using their machine. They don't want people who would sit there trying to rationalize their action. At least that's my take.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I liked that after the previous episode where we were meant to question Kevin's sanity again and possibly that even the hotel world was just a manifestation of his mind they reestablished with David Burton that the hotel world was a real thing in the universe of The Leftovers as he is the man the Kevin met on the bridge to Miracle and the bar in the hotel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I have a bad feeling the ending of this show may leave me feeling a bit unsatisfied but I'm hoping for the best.

• Locked thread