Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

MiddleOne posted:

I'm still baffled that season 2 followed up the mediocre season 1 by instead being one the best things of the year right alongside Fargo.
The improvement of Leftovers S2 over S1 was mirrored by the dropover of Fargo S2 from S1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Professor Shark posted:

I would be pissed if my minor kid was having a picture posted by someone online
Have you heard of Facebook?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The cold open of Laurie's suicide attempt is exactly how mine went. I was 15, took a bunch of pills, wrote a note... then after nothing seemed to be happening, drank ipecac syrup to puke it all up.

And yet, the scene didn't hit me as hard as I was expecting, nor her ultimate suicide at the end of the episode. I wonder what that means.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

clown shoes posted:

One thing this episode proved is that television has perfected fake vomiting. Maybe now they can stop showing it.
Nah, when Laurie throws up her puke, you can clearly tell its coming from a pouch hidden behind her head. The relative camera depth of the puke and her mouth are noticeably different.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

UmOk posted:

I watched all 10 hours of season 1 and I hated every minute. So I watched 10 more hours of season 2 and I hated it even more. Now I am watching 8 hours of the final season and I hate every episode so far. I will continue watching.
TVIV.txt

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Borrowing a friend's HBO login to watch this live.

I better be in tears.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Nora is only 6 years older than me?

gently caress I'm old.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kevin's old age makeup is way better than Nora's.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Guys, what if Nora imagined her entire relationship with Kevin?????? :aaa:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lindelof is gaslighting all of us as a meta commentary of Trump's America.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kevin's old makeup is like only applied under his left eye now.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I feel like it was a nice ending, but it didn't hit me like I wanted. I didn't cry, not even close.

I want a refund. :colbert:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I think it could have been cool if they showed flashes during her story like they did or her kids when she was getting into the machine.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I think it would have been great if old Kevin wasn't lying and Nora hallucinated her relationship with him.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Onomarchus posted:

I finally found something about The Leftovers I don't like. For a show where animals are so important, it fails to credit its animal actors. For instance, in the finale the credits don't tell you that the goat's real-life name is Rupert.
Maybe they'd have to pay it royalties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

ruddiger posted:

I liked all the titties
Yes, True Detective had some quality nudity.

• Locked thread