Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
s2 was loving epic and if you don't like it you can kiss my italian rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Sad and wrong!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

If the minimum bar for a good TV show is that the show has to "change you in some way" as the viewer, then I come bearing bad news about the entire medium.

leftovers changed me into somewhat gay for the main actor :swoon:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Lemme see that HOG! Theroux, release the snake!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

When the gently caress does this start

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

:bisonyes:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

God drat.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

S1 = poop n piss

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

El Jeffe posted:

Kinda weird how they got a new song but kept the same video, but w/e

That's not the same video

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Carrie Coon Carrie Coon's publicists' intern liked my tweet. :swoon:

don't link it!!!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

I thought the conversation between Tommy and Nora was just... cold. 'I left her for my father. I didn't even know who you were.' Like, ouch.

Felt the same, which is odd since their interaction started so warmly. And it's even worse, he says "I didn't even know you existed" or something, which felt way harsher than he needed to be

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

read in i think the NYTimes review that Nora's DSD boss says "she's goin'" to his co-worker once he gets off the phone with her about her going to St. Louis. continuity error or some weird foreshadowing?

I'm no scientist... but I think he meant St. Louis

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

oliwan posted:

hi thread

I will watch the remaining 6 episodes, but episode 2 was just... real bad. Is anyone still taking this show seriously after the wu tang trampoline scene? That was the dumbest thing I have seen in ages. We couldn't stop laughing during the whole thing, but not in a good way.

It's just like the worst episodes of lost right now. It's boring, it tries to be smart but it isn't. Nicely shot though.

Lindelof is a bad writer, he needs someone to tell him wat bad storytelling is. He has good ideas, but he needs an actual writer with him, like Perotta during the first season.

Your bad

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

PLEASE! do not feed the bad troll

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Cithen posted:

Who is the actress that plays the tower man's wife? Its bugging the crap outta me and IMDB is not helping.

Butler

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Enjoyed the story but felt like maybe it was just a bit off or too different and then god drat it that last scene.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Mods ban this outed troll!!!!!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

oliwan posted:

Also, yes, the step from "enjoyable" to "good" for me is that it has an intelligent literary quality to it, like the wire, or mad men, or Fargo, or even the good wife.

Lmao @ mad men and the wire

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

I dunno if it was the music at the end and I'm too dumb to get some sick connection but I felt like the end left me a little cold and confused, though their argument was weighty and poo poo is starting to pop off.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

New season of Fargo too drat same to the last two. Did not continue after the first ep. Sad.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Loved that rando jerk off when Matt ran to the bathroom.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Trust

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

UmOk posted:

I know you guys a all about Dowd, but Justin T is what makes this show work for me.

100% my dude

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Niwrad posted:

I'm a little confused at the ending. It seemed like Matt's conversation with "God" sort of broke him. But then at the end when the lion eats "God", that has to only reinforce Matt's views, right? I mean he was reading straight from the Book of Daniel on the plane.

It didn't break Matt, it freed him.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

God drat. When that music finally kicks in, you know the emotions about to pop off.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

my bf thinks leftovers is too creepy so he doesn't watch it. which made it pretty awkward for her to walk into the room last night while kevin was talking with laurie on the steps and seeing me with tears streaming down to my shirt.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

goon face blindness is my favorite thing

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

I really hope this episode shows what that lady found while scuba diving. Hope they dont stretch the reveal out over multiple episodes like walking dead would

She found peace, because she's dead.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Long after peak TV is over and people have chronicled what occurred and all the best of lists have been written and all the breaking bads have been discussed. I think this may be the most important show that has ever been created.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Besides the departure has there been anything factually "supernatural" in this show?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Fast Luck posted:

Kevin keeps coming back from the dead dude

Is he really dead though?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

oliwan posted:

Yeah, my tone was quite insufferable. I guess I shouldn't ragepost immediately after watching the episode.

Why would you ragepost about something that is so clearly and simply above your plebeian mind?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

homer simpson, my dudes

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

100% perfection. Lost is forgiven.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I thought Lost was 100% perfection. This was good, but I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. :iiam:

I actually liked Lost a heck lot but it shoulda been 4 seasons at most.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

When Kevin said "i believe you" i howled and let loose a torrent of tears not unlike a small waterfall. Thank you damon lindloft.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Klungar posted:

Lindelof did say that a John/Erika episode and a Tom/Jill episode would have happened if they had 10 episodes instead of 8.

hmmm gently caress hbo? but also thank hbo for letting it end :worship:

rip deadwood

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

RentACop posted:

Oh, well, here's a big one: (to me at least) no one who departed originally left a fossil behind

because they didn't use the metal and water technique that the scientists came upon to approximate the situation

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Nora's world lost 2%, the other world lost 98%. Same world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Nothing supernatural confirmed. Check and mate.

• Locked thread