Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I was kinda hoping for him to just ask someone in the afterlife metaphor eventually "what happened to the departed" and only get a response of "does it matter"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oliwan posted:

Also, why is giving my opinion considered trolling?

"no one watches this anymore" is both incorrect as an opinion and factually (each episode's getting more viewers than anything 2015's second season received, and viewership isn't why the story's ending but because the showrunners wanted to conclude everything in the third season)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheMattFowler/status/869974881315602432
https://twitter.com/TheEricGoldman/status/869961393067261952

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

God, I hope Lindelof makes a normal show ending some loving day

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RentACop posted:

Except I'm pretty sure Nora was starting to yell "Stop" right before the scene cut, which means she made up that whole story. Or did she?!?!

Everyone canon being a liar right to the very end is more realistic

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

UmOk posted:

Nora's story doesn't really add up. If all these people were coming through to departed-land that would be proof to the departed people that you can move between worlds. Wouldn't the scientist have immediately started building a machine and sending everyone home?

It was one last test of faith and it's up to you to decide if it's a thing he believed or another thing he just wanted to believe

It was a good 5 minute realization amidst an outstanding 15 minute scene that was unfortunately at the end of an unnecessary 75 minutes. I feel like I would have loved the episode if it definitely wasn't the longest of the season

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A good thing about this show ending is oliwan has limited time left to ruin the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Try the X-Files, 9 classic seasons and two full length motion pictures. :psyduck:

My best friend did this and loved it, and was so excited when the news came out that they were going to bring it back

Needless to say he wishes it hadn't returned now

• Locked thread