Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Can't wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

UmOk posted:

WTF does LOST screwed people up even mean?

If you didn't like LOST you probably won't like Leftovers.

I think it's just that you can't go into the Leftovers expecting any sort of answers regarding what happened during the disappearance. Watching LOST week to week for years it was absolutely impossible to not come up with theories about what was going on and what things meant. Not that the character development and themes and poo poo were worthless once you definitively found out they were all really dead, but the theories were impossible to ignore. With the Leftovers we at least know we aren't going to get answers so dips into the mythicism or supernatural or you whatever you want to call it happen and you don't have to search for" physical" literal meaning.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Eh whatever point still stands

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

UmOk posted:

This is what I thought. But delta bravos in the thread keep repeating it when nobody is even discussing "theories."

"I like season 1 better than season 2"

"Lol LOST really messed people up"

Haha yep

UmOk posted:

Should. One of the best TVs ever.

For reasons I mentioned in my previous post I wonder what LOST is like after the fact. It was a cultural phenomenon, the constant speculation and fuckery made it by far the most fun show to talk about I've ever watched.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Invalid Validation posted:

Haven't heard anything about how hot Justin Theroux is in a while. You need to mention that at least once per episode recap.

Guys got a hammer

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

leftovers changed me into somewhat gay for the main actor :swoon:

His COCK is huge. Substantial weight on that piece.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Season 1 had Carrie Coon getting naked and Season 2 had Justin Theroux getting naked.

Who is getting naked in Season 3? This is important and should probably be spoiled so we can all properly prepare ahead of time.

Me while I watch

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

It's ginormous.

!!

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Theroux's cock isn't that big and I have a PhD in dick size so

Pretty huge Dick. Nice

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Tomahawk posted:

Agreed. The Leftovers is both an apology for Lost and a remake as handled by a channel like HBO.

Ironically, HBO would have probably blew it harder than ABC did if Lost premiered on HBO in 2004.

Basically, I wish Lost came out in 2017 on a good channel but if it wasn't for Lost and the lessons that were learned from it, TV would not be as good as it is now.

Oh please

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

THE LEFTOVERS IS THE GREATEST SHOW ON TELEVISION

If they nail this season it'll be my favorite ever made

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Anyone listen to Lindelof on the Ringer podcast today? He was on I think last year and was really good. I'm going to listen soon.

Someone said there might be a mini spoiler regarding how many more episodes a minor character is in it so beware if you care. No clue what that means but just thought I'd warn you

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

The Dave posted:

To be clear, the episode mentions a main character from Season 2 and how much they are specifically in this season.

Yeah I listened to it. It shouldn't ruin anything for anyone really but just wanted to give a warning before I got a chance to listen myself. I thought it was a pretty good interview. I love listening to those 3 talk. There was another little "spoiler" re: future Nora to kind of be confirmed as being "real"

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Cn you spoiler tag this and explain it?

weve seen all we will of Erika Murphy this season due to Regina King's scheduling conflicts. She's happy now in the Leftovers universe but don't expect to see anymore of her.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

For someone unfamiliar with House of Leaves why does it keep coming up in here? Is it like a good complement to The Leftovers?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Definitely a fair assumption. I thought it was actually so blatant it was borderline too much

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I love this show

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Maybe Kev jr gets sacrificed, but something good coincides with it, so it's deemed as necessary and fulfilling. Meanwhile, Nora, not wanting to fill the 'Jesus's Wife' role, hides away. Maybe she knows he was sacrificed for bullshit reasons and is understandably bitter and angry.

Perhaps the question she's asked is akin to "Have you accepted Jesus into your life?"

This is so good I feel like I'm reading a spoiler

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Every tv show is "superficial escapism" you big old retard!

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I don't get it

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Your an idiot

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

UmOk posted:

Are you broken? When Matt corrects Sr about some bible thing Sr responds with "Thats loving stupid"

And the Christian themes have been a part of the show since it started. Did you watch season 2? It takes place in the Jarden of Eden and has a charater named EVE-EE who is tempted by a Meg into casting herself out of Jarden.

Real talk I didn't notice this

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

YES!! YES!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

CUM EVERYWHERE

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I'm like 70% sure that if they actually make big dick Kevin Jesus in this show that I'll convert to this religion in my real life that's how good this show is

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Fast Luck posted:

Because she's desperate and suicidal. She smashed her arm in a car door on purpose (and used to have people shoot her). The scam aspect of this thing enrages her but there's also a darker reason for her interest in it

Yeah. It's sometimes hard to remember this with her and EVEN when she's showing how crazy and hosed up she is, she/Carrie coon does such a good job that I'm constantly like "eh she's not that THAT hosed up" because I buy her bs. At least for me

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

clown shoes posted:

No one is discussing the biggest revelation from the last episode: Kevin shits four times a day.

I poo poo 3-6 times a day. Am I maybe Jesus too?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

my favorite show ever, no ifs and or (hot kevin christ) butts about it

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

also the music again kills it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vLiJIgVlRQ

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

HanabaL03 posted:

The director of next weeks episode also directed "International Assassin". Oh man....

Is the next episode actually next week or are they taking it off for Memorial Day?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I would watch 400 hours of this

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Looten Plunder posted:

Yeah, I think you're misremembering cause there was a ton of quick-cut flashbacks in Season 2.

I kind of appreciated it this episode, if I didn't listen to podcasts I would have had no idea that the dude on the bridge was Aussie Jesus.

Any recommendations for podcasts that talk about the Leftovers? I've only listened to Lindelof episodes of the Watch but would love some more stuff. Especially if it's whole episodes about the Leftovers or episodes of the show!

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Looten Plunder posted:

The main one I listen to is on Post Show Recaps by Josh Wigler and Antonio Mazzaro of RHAP/Survivor fame.
http://postshowrecaps.com/category/the-leftovers-2/

I also recommend the Better Call Saul Podcast on that channel too if you are sick of the self congratulatory meanderings of the official one.

And then I just watch Chirs Hartwells recap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=playlist

Thanks!

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

theflyingexecutive posted:

The first season was exactly as it was billed, people struggling with an unexplainable and enormous supernatural occurrence and how they personally dealt with the aftermath. Everything after is purestrain Lindelof trash. It would be 100 times better if it weren't so tonally jarring minute to minute. American Gods proves you can have Prestige TV(tm) with Mature Themes and still have goofy things like people getting sucked into vaginas, but Leftovers has dream sequence dick scanners interspersed with realistic depictions of suicide with the worst music supervision I've ever seen in a TV show.

Cool dude tell someone who cares

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

oliwan posted:

Whoa someone doesn't like this show that has been totally ignored by awards and gets 700k viewers every week... well wat DOES he like???

Your a bitch made bitch retard

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I am in no way prepared for this. See you on the other side ladies and germs!

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

NNNNNNNORA!

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

RentACop posted:

Oh, well, here's a big one: (to me at least) no one who departed originally left a fossil behind

But no one who departed originally was encased in a sphere of liquid with metal and radiated away. They just poof disappeared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

oliwan posted:

Just saw it and lmao what a joke.

Kevin's superpowers are central to the show, and they are just written in without any kind of validation, just like an 8 year old writing a story where everything can happen. That's the level of writing here.

tell someone who cares IDIOT!

• Locked thread