Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I just want to let the mystery be.

I'm still amazed how good the second season was. I thought the first season was decent but was blown away by the second. I still occasionally go back and watch Kevin's kind of bad but awesome karaoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

I've not yet watched Carnivale but I wonder if some of those shows from that era didn't get a longer extension because of time slots. Nowadays almost any show, especially on HBO, is on demand so people can watch when they want. I would love to see a subscription service like HBO seek feedback directly from their subscribers. I know they watch ratings but an end of year "which shows should we keep" type survey for all subscribers could probably benefit them. Admittedly I know next to nothing about how TV channels are wrong so it is possible they already so something similar or it's a stupid idea.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

I didn't get to watch any of this season until this week. Skimming this thread I see many people saying that the Kevin Sr. episode was either slow or out of place. I think it holds up a lot better when you get to immediately watch the next episode. But now I'm sad I have to wait for the next episode like the rest of you :(.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Clearly everyone on the show are actually the departed and they went to an alternate universe where gumtrees grow in Texas.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

HanabaL03 posted:

Anyone else find it surprising that almost no spoilers have leaked for this season? I remember we had a whole separate thread for LOST episodes that was spoiler discussion only. Everyone was leaking poo poo back then.

People are letting the mystery be.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

I think this thread has the most consistently positive poster opinions for any show in TV IV. Maybe up there with Better Call Saul and Fargo.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

Given the cold open's focus on Laurie going all in and then changing her mind at the last second, I'm going to hold out hope that wasn't the end of her story.

But the odds aren't good. Jesus, what an episode.

Shoutouts to Today's Special

Holy poo poo I remember that. Not all of it but I remember the plaid hat and the goose and the rainbow. Man this show...

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Fast Luck posted:

Why was Laurie suicidal though...

Suicidal thoughts and urges are a lot more complicated than that and even though you could point to a number of things as possible reasons I appreciate the show letting it be vague.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

I originally interpreted the shoe question as a grieving mother who wants to try and piece together the last hours of her children's lives. Maybe it's a test to see if Kevin successfully passes over but I doubt that she would do that.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

I saw S2 after S3 had been airing, so I knew they'd do something dumb to get them all to Australia. So instead of following a decently interesting GR plot with the revolt against the gatekeeping of salvation, they nuked all of it, had a flash forward and then made Kevin a police chief again so they could do that dumb Too Many Kevins bit. Him being chief was central to the plot of the first season, but doesn't do anything for the plot after that.

I'm honestly not asking this to antagonize, but what shows do you enjoy?

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

I like to think that Nora didn't go to wherever the departed went rather she was transported to a timeline where she became a cop in Minnesota for several years before coming back.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Can't we all just let the mystery be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

It's probably been said already, but I'd love to watch just a few episodes of the world where 98% of the people vanished and people have to migrate and find others, ultimately consolidating but leaving vast amounts of the world vacant, then after several years this scientist who was thought to have vanished appears, followed by a few hundred others who appear sporadically in different parts of the world.

• Locked thread