Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Hey man. You're number one. Put it. In. The Bucket.
Wait- are we bashing the afterlife stuff from season 2 now? I thought that was some of the best material in the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

You monsters are ruining this thread with your wrong opinions :(

No poo poo, what the gently caress happened to this thread

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

That's the first Leftovers episode in a long time that I just kinda shrugged at. Felt like a bunch of gobbledegook until that last awesome scene. Which, even as awesome as that last part was- I kinda wish the episode started with that and went on to other stuff.

Also, gently caress Richard Cheese. Ugh.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

In the Leftovers Universe (I like to call it "The Leftoversverse") everybody is a huge Bungie fan.

Why would you not call it the Leftoverse

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Boywhiz88 posted:

"In an episode that opened w 1800-SUICIDE, showed Laurie trying to kill herself, had Nora describe exactly how you kill yourself while scuba diving, and closed w Laurie going diving...maybe she's still alive" - a poster in this thread

SHANNON WAS STABBED!

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

You guys are cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

I think that last episode was a great episode, and I think it ending with her story was really cool and probably the best way to end the show. However, parts of me still feel weirdly unsatisfied.

I think part of me is bummed the finale was JUST Nora and Kevin- not the bigger picture, as others have said.

I love stuff that lets you decide what it is or isn't - was he in the afterlife? Was she lying about going through the machine? However, I feel like there were still bigger, more grand scale bizarre things that kinda don't fit within that.

I think I'm still stuck on why Kevin couldn't die- you could argue "well maybe it was luck or just something he told himself." But like... then what were the giant earthquakes he caused when he rose from a grave? When he tried to die in a river? The one that woke up Mary from her coma or whatever? These all felt like things that were really happening and not some kind of "maybe it's nothing" possibility.

I was never expecting answers to why the departed left- or even real answers to the things I just mentioned. I guess to me, they just seemed like weird things to -drop completely- and never get into again. "Let the mystery be" is fine, but to never even address or investigate these insanely bizarre events just feels kinda disappointing to me.

• Locked thread