Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
This show ties in with Prometheus.

"It's what I choose to believe"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

Least lucky: The fetus inside Laurie :smith:

Hahahahahaha. Good catch

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Was in the first episode.

Also, I forgot about the bagel thing. That poo poo was great. Like I'm loling at how absurd that was. Season 1 Kevin was best Kevin.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Fuuuuuck. I need to rewatch already. That was that woman's phone right?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Ausmund posted:

Care to explain?

Does that poster have an MA in literature?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

oliwan posted:

You guys should read up on your Barthes and your Foucault if you're​ bringing the authors into it:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_the_Author

Taking Nora's story at face value really is extremely retarded and demonstrates a total lack of understanding of the finale that has to be, I imagine, the product of a severely broken brain. It also totally diminishes the power of the finale, since the lie and Kevin and Nora's acceptance of it is the whole point of the scene, and the whole point of their character development. It doesn't matter what Lindelof says or doesn't say -- we can only go by what is there.

I'm starting to doubt you have the worthless MA that you claim. You have a limited understanding of Barthes and art in general.

You also use the phrase "extremely retarded."

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I played football for the University of Phoenix so I think I'm qualified to say that this is a good show.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN74bOubUug&feature=youtu.be

Someone posted this in the Star Wars thread and it is semi relevant to Leftovers.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Professor Shark posted:

I finally got around to listening to a podcast with Damon Lindelof and though a lot of it wasn't new, one of the interesting things I learned was the influence The Wizard of Oz and Superman 2 had on the show

I can see Oz but Superman 2?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

And people complain about the quality of front page content these day. Was that kid lowtax's nephew or something?

You're being ironic right?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Klungar posted:

In light of recent events, I had no idea this was a real thing and not something created for the show:

I wish Trump had a twin.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

snoremac posted:

Burned through this over the last week. Overall I like it, but have mixed feelings. I had no clue about the semi-reboot and was stunned by it, and thought it was a welcome change after the fairly humourless first season. Nora and Matt are excellent characters.

I mostly don't care for Kevin's magic hotel world, although the well sequence was affecting. It doesn't feel surreal, and it's too literal-minded. Probably unfair in that respect that I'm currently watching Twin Peaks, but yeah. I felt the same way about The Sopranos. I also felt Kevin's psychotic breakdown turning out to be supernatural was a letdown, mainly because I was sympathizing with it as a breakdown.

The finale was fantastic. Laurie and Tom's anti-cult work was a great episode.

So is it canon that Kevin stopped the flood or what?

Semi-reboot?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Perfect.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

ProperCoochie posted:

Also, Justin Theroux has a brief cameo in The Last Jedi.

That was actually Kevin Garvey during one of his episodes.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Being only 30 episodes really makes this show my favorite. There are a handful of other shows I would consider "great" but I will probably never be able to watch completely again due to crazy episode counts.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I've seen x-files viewing guides that indicate which episodes contribute to the overall story and which ones are just filler. If I ever watch it I will probably use something like that.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I don't know episode names. Which one was BJ and the AC? And why is it worse?

Also: One of the biggest strengths of season one was the GR scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I need a boxed set of the complete series. HBO must not want my money.

• Locked thread