Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
season 1 is better than season 2 and season 2 is better than season 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Professor Shark posted:

Eh, Leftovers is basically a more refined, better version of Lost, so it's natural there would be chat before the season starts.

Midway through Season 2, I appreciate both seasons in different ways now.

Agreed. The Leftovers is both an apology for Lost and a remake as handled by a channel like HBO.

Ironically, HBO would have probably blew it harder than ABC did if Lost premiered on HBO in 2004.

Basically, I wish Lost came out in 2017 on a good channel but if it wasn't for Lost and the lessons that were learned from it, TV would not be as good as it is now.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
What happened to Carnivale? HBO was not handling serial mystery shows well at that time. Carnivale is the perfect example. It had freedom for the time it was on but ultimately the network didn't "get it".

Just like The Leftovers would have never made it past the first season with the ratings it had.

Tomahawk fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Apr 14, 2017

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Fast Luck posted:

Season 3 intro is loving garbage

Wow, quite the wrong opinion you have there

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
That was a pretty cool ep but I'm definitely ready for the end of the series. While I love it, there is definitely something exhausting about this show.

Also Matt is playing a pretty cool reinterpretation of Locke.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
There was nothing really wrong with that episode, I just wasn't super into it. Especially as the second to last episode. The first hotel episode was something special and this felt like a lot of retread and wheel spinning in an imaginary world when the next episode is the end of the series. Like "Across the Sea", it probably would have fit better earlier in a final season.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
It would have been nice if Kevin died like 2 times max. I think he's died at least 5 times now

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
It was aight. Now that it is over I have made up my mind that Lost was the better show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Is there a real life heart condition that would explain all the Kevin shenanigans like appearing to have no pulse or surviving a gun shot? Like some overdeveloped heart muscle or something?

yes

• Locked thread