Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
"Oy, that's not a normal kangaroo mate..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Um, aren't we forgetting something when we say Kevin's wife didn't lose anyone?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Why yes I'd like some fan service with my promos

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I liked both seasons so far. They're a bit of apples to oranges, though: that first one is carrying a heavy weight labeled EXISTENTIAL DESPAIR and the second sidelines that a bit and has a lot more humor.

I can see why a lot of people aren't in to the first season but that kind of thing is extremely my poo poo so I'm happy.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

oliwan posted:

I will watch the remaining 6 episodes, but episode 2 was just... real bad. Is anyone still taking this show seriously after the wu tang trampoline scene? That was the dumbest thing I have seen in ages. We couldn't stop laughing during the whole thing, but not in a good way.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever read Catch-22? Anything by Albert Camus?

Matt Zerella posted:

I'm in love with Carrie Coon.

We all are, we all are.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Also, I can't believe I recognized that theme song. It's had to have been at least twenty years since I last heard it.

I spent most of this episode with a big smile on my face, with the exception of Nora's laughing in the face of Kevin's baby request, and I'm pretty sure that's how the showrunners want it (though they might actually want us laughing along with Nora too).

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

TheAngryDrunk posted:

Yeah well, Mark Linn-Baker isn't impressed with your lovely MA.

That's right. He is here to TAKE SOME loving CONTROL.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Lord Krangdar posted:

A Damon Lindelof's House of Leaves miniseries is sounding more and more like a potentially good idea, actually.

We already know his next project, though. It's a cop procedural called "Farty Pants and the Dog."

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

The Dave posted:

It was a gorgeous episode. I was waiting for some grand payoff, or for there to be some implications for this later, but I'm becoming alright with it just being a reveal of Kevin Sr's journey.

Well, it's kind of a full episode devoted to the recurring theme of the season, the one the first five minutes of the season sets up. People are casting about for signals and meaning and purpose only to find out that they're finding patterns in nothing and making connections between meaningless coincidences.

I'm curious where this goes. If anyone makes it out of the season happy it will probably be someone who just goes with the flow, embraces the crazy, and doesn't think too hard about it. Maybe our boy Kevin himself.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I have this sneaking suspicion that the show's going to end on a smash to black seconds before the anniversary of the departure.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
It didn't really hit me until this episode but Justin T. does a really good job at portraying this sort of confused, vulnerable, well-meaning rear end in a top hat kind of masculinity. Not many characters like that on TV right now.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

theflyingexecutive posted:

I really want to hear an alternate explanation for why Australia specifically matters at all, considering we've seen virtually no Australian experience of the Departure outside of the offhanded mention of the Tony the Chicken story, which could've easily happened in America.

My guess would be production subsidies, tax credits, or exchange rate advantages. I doubt this show is profitable, so if it's eight eps in Australia or cancellation, you find a reason to do eight eps in Australia.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
While Nora was explaining where she went I thought that her performance was actually lacking a bit; Carrie Coon's body language and eye contact in the scene is of someone who is lying.

I didn't even put two and two together to think that Nora WAS lying and that the acting made sense in that way.

We're going to need to watch that again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I think the black comedy might be my favorite part of the entire show. And Justin Theroux is VERY good at it.

• Locked thread