Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I think it should be in this thread, last year paying attention went into the toilet because going to armchair quarterback is too much effort.

Plus the person who called the mods down doesn't really post in this thread anyway and just did it out of spite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
If this turns in to the no content-fantasy only thread I'm going to gas it and ban everyone so do this at your own risk.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
After fan pushback the Sounders team store will now affix championship stars to any '16/'17 kit, not just the authentic line. They look snazzy, I'll have to take my new green replica kit by and get the upgrade.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Gigi Galli posted:

If this turns in to the no content-fantasy only thread I'm going to gas it and ban everyone so do this at your own risk.

Well this thread will be going away because the season is starting soon :cheeky:

Don't worry, I'll be here to poo poo up the regular season thread with not-fantasy stuff.

shirts and skins posted:

After fan pushback the Sounders team store will now affix championship stars to any '16/'17 kit, not just the authentic line. They look snazzy, I'll have to take my new green replica kit by and get the upgrade.

So can you only get it on after the fact? I can't justify spending the extra for the authentic, but I'm never in Seattle, so...

I also thought you were in DC.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 24, 2017

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
New leaked Crew jersey is sexy and Acura as a sponsor isn't bad.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Please, please put fantasy bullshit in a different thread.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

insider posted:

New leaked Crew jersey is sexy and Acura as a sponsor isn't bad.

:lol: at Honda advertising in the Rust Belt

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Spending the 20 seconds to create the league was max effort for me so someone else make the thread

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

highme posted:

:lol: at Honda advertising in the Rust Belt

All of the Honda manufacturing in the US is in Ohio, has been since the 1980s, and almost all of their US market cars are built in the States, so it makes sense. And they've been a longtime sponsor of MLS so it's a good fit.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

whypick1 posted:

So can you only get it on after the fact? I can't justify spending the extra for the authentic, but I'm never in Seattle, so...

I also thought you were in DC.

I should have mentioned, they are also retooling so all '16/'17 replica jerseys going forward will include the star. That should roll out over the next couple of weeks, they are still figuring out the logistics.

And that is correct, I am in the DC area, but I go home several times every year. Next trip is in July, and I'll be sure to take my kit.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

harperdc posted:

All of the Honda manufacturing in the US is in Ohio, has been since the 1980s, and almost all of their US market cars are built in the States, so it makes sense. And they've been a longtime sponsor of MLS so it's a good fit.

Their new Acura plant (where is the NSX is built) is just northwest of Columbus. Civic final assembly is in Indiana, but I think you're otherwise right, all their other US plants are also in Ohio.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I will and yes I am returning next week to start the full season thread. If anyone has a better title than I'M GONNA GET YOU SOCCER then speak up.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

i'm not ready

i need another month, month and a half off

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

Azerban posted:

i'm not ready

i need another month, month and a half off

:same:

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
A lot of noise on Twitter that Seattle might get Keisuke Honda.

That seems like a decent get for an MLS team; I don't know what, if anything, he does at AC Milan these days though

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Hoover Dam posted:

I will and yes I am returning next week to start the full season thread. If anyone has a better title than I'M GONNA GET YOU SOCCER then speak up.

Love the title. It's better than 'You get a Franchise! And you get a franchise!'

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Your Boy Fancy posted:

seconded 100%

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Real Name Grover posted:

A lot of noise on Twitter that Seattle might get Keisuke Honda.

That seems like a decent get for an MLS team; I don't know what, if anything, he does at AC Milan these days though

Would be a slightly odd add given how similar his positioning is to Dempsey, but can't argue with the embarrassment of riches it would represent. He's apparently past his prime in Italy, hasn't done much this season but get pushed to the bench by Deulofeu, but still has tons of skill and would probably kick rear end in MLS.

It would certainly mean one of the deepest Seattle teams ever, that's a starting 11 with a bench with Shipp, Flaco Fernandez, Gustav Svensson, and Will Bruin.

Lots of variables here still. There's no agreement yet, would need contract details, and it's not clear if AC Milan would let him go before the end of their season in June. Just going to wait and see and try to contain my excitement.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 24, 2017

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

LOOK WHAT I GOT TODAY

Season ticket holders got jackets this year. They're made of knit jersey like a thin sweatshirt minus the fleece inside. It is too warm to wear them today. In Boston. In February.

We also have our choice of Meet the Revs or a bus trip to a RBNY away game.

Total cost, including parking: about $600 per seat, and that's front row midfield. Now, of course, getting to and from the stadium is a fuckin' chore that eats a quarter tank of gas and most of a day even for my tiny squaremobile, but there you have it.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Did Cerberus come with the Revs goodie bag? :v:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Hoover Dam posted:

I get the reference and heartily approve.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Hoover Dam posted:

LOOK WHAT I GOT TODAY

Season ticket holders got jackets this year. They're made of knit jersey like a thin sweatshirt minus the fleece inside. It is too warm to wear them today. In Boston. In February.

We also have our choice of Meet the Revs or a bus trip to a RBNY away game.

Total cost, including parking: about $600 per seat, and that's front row midfield. Now, of course, getting to and from the stadium is a fuckin' chore that eats a quarter tank of gas and most of a day even for my tiny squaremobile, but there you have it.

Ah yes that explains the large box at my front door this year rather than the usual small box. I could have used the jacket earlier this month but it's just too warm today. New England weather.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

Your Boy Fancy posted:

:agreed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZzMb5go1Ok

(replace "baseball team" with "poorly managed group of concacaf all-stars")

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I don't know if it's just a Centennial 38 thing, but in the two years I had Rapids season tickets in the terrace I got absolutely nothing besides a meet the team invite for September.

highme
May 25, 2001

I'd rather just pay less for my tickets than get some poo poo I usually have no use for. Of the STH gifts that we've been given, only pint glasses from 2011 have been used repeatedly.

Other things given were:
- "Messenger bag" made out of the same material as reusable grocery bags
- Small capacity log shaped external battery
- Log shaped insulated lunch bag (I would have used this more but it fell apart within a month)
- For this year, a journal.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

highme posted:

I'd rather just pay less for my tickets than get some poo poo I usually have no use for. Of the STH gifts that we've been given, only pint glasses from 2011 have been used repeatedly.

Other things given were:
- "Messenger bag" made out of the same material as reusable grocery bags
- Small capacity log shaped external battery
- Log shaped insulated lunch bag (I would have used this more but it fell apart within a month)
- For this year, a journal.

Nuke Portland

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
In the last few years, DC has sent a scarf, the aforementioned bag that sucks, and invites to tons of events that basically amount to "get drunk and meet players" during bankers' hours.

They're trying very hard to get me back, and I told them my price was MLS Live (they jacked it to $80, so that actually has legit value to me). They said they'd call me back. That was Tuesday.

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Here's what we've gotten in Seattle:

2009: a scarf
2010: a scarf
2011: a scarf
2012: a scarf
2013: a scarf
2014: a scarf
2015: a scarf
2016: a scarf
2017: a scarf, I believe, and maybe a clear plastic bag to comply with the bullshit new stadium security requirements

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Dang 9 straight years of toilet paper

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'd like to encourage all of the Sounders supporters to take those nine scarves, tie them together, make a noose, and then hang themselves.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

I got sandals last year. They're alright.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/OrlandoCitySC/status/835660879345696769

Brek gonna love the fishing up in BC

highme
May 25, 2001

He strikes me as a bass fisherman.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

highme posted:

He strikes me as a bass fisherman.

:thejoke:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Don't care, got rid of Barnes.

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?

Dallan Invictus posted:

Don't care, got rid of Barnes.

The reaction here in Orlando has been "Don't care, got rid of Brek." He's on more money than Barnes, has been broken most of the last two seasons, and hasn't done much even when healthy. He's not quite good enough to be a left winger and not quite defensive enough to be a left back. He's a solution in search of a problem.

I was a huge Brek homer during the years he played (and I lived) in Dallas, but then he went to England and was crap and never recovered, and I eventually got tired of trying to defend him.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
My understanding was that Brek was on 450k and Barnes was on 750k, but yeah I'm not expecting terribly much from Shea, I'm just pleasantly surprised that anyone wanted Barnes' contract besides Owen Coyle, who got fired before he could follow up on his bizarre man crush. Hopefully we can turn the extra cap room into a solid striker or CM.

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?

Dallan Invictus posted:

My understanding was that Brek was on 450k and Barnes was on 750k,

For some reason I thought Barnes was on 350, but I checked last year's salaries and you're correct, so I retract that line. 750 makes it slightly less beneficial for Orlando, but perhaps not too badly; there has been talk that Larin might play better with a partner rather than as a lone striker, and I believe the team played a 4-3-1-2 in their final preseason game. If Barnes can be that second striker, if he can provide goals and assists and take some of the heat so it's harder to mark Larin completely out of a game, then it'll still end up being worth it.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Lol
https://twitter.com/NYCFCNation/status/836026395692261378

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches