Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

whypick1 posted:

Yet another draft today, this time Re-Entry.

Round 1
Houston - Dylan Remick (SEA)
Orlando - Patrick McClain (ORL)
Seattle - Brian Meredith (SJ)

Well well. Happy trails, Dylan Remick. You were...not the most inspiring player in the depths of the early season swoon, but you had promise. Here's hoping for a bright future.

Time to look into Brian Meredith.

E. Oh right, he was our third string GK from a bit ago. Thought he sounded familiar.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Bio-Hazard posted:

A homeless man seen shambling around downtown Seattle in a genuine like-new New England Revolution cold weather jacket. Or maybe I'm just not familiar with their roster...

When did Borchers join the Revs?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Can Shipp play winger? Don't see him getting much time at the #10, Lodeiro has proved to be really fit there. Of course, there's always suspensions, and maybe cold weather games...

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

whypick1 posted:

Sounders also picked up Will Briun from Houston for TAM/GAM.

Did not see that one coming either.

Whoa. Cheaper Valdez replacement, I guess? He's kind of a target forward, right? Makin it rain those allocation bucks.

Jack2142 posted:

I think thats where he mostly played on the wing in Chicago, on the flip side I think Lodeiro has played better when starting out wide so honestly I wouldn't be opposed to Shipp being in the middle and letting Lodeiro cut inside from the left.

Fair enough. I'm sure Schmetzer will appreciate having more time to play with formations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ah, the sports bra kits. Good times.

Anyway, this was fairly easy to call, since the team didn't pick up his option or protect him in the expansion draft. Happy trails, Friberg! You were acceptable.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Get ready for a really annoying roommate, Galaxy!

https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/819595796647530497

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
So will the Phase 2 have group stages, or will it be a straight bracket knockout tournament? With home/aways I assume.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ahhhhahahah! That's perfect. Thanks for that, Portland.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The Sounders fill their Swede quota now that Friberg is gone:

https://twitter.com/SoundersFC/status/826227113577418753

Straight outta Guangzhou! Maybe he's trying to play on every continent?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Has NYCFC made *any* progress on that stadium issue? I haven't heard about it. I can't imagine Yankee Stadium is a viable home venue for too terribly long.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Dallan Invictus posted:

There's been no visible progress and I imagine they'll be in YS for some time to come, because no alternative spot has emerged that is so obviously better as to counteract a) needing to spend hundreds of millions of dollars (which they obviously have, but why spend it if you don't have to?) to secure the land and build the place, particularly in the five boroughs, and b) needing to navigate local politics in order to build on it.

Or they are still working on b), just nowhere we can see.

Jesus. That's bleak, but was fairly foreseeable. I'm guessing those talks with Columbia U fell through. Well, good luck to them.

whypick1 posted:

12 cities have submitted bids for the 4 expansion team slots:

Two bids from NC, amazing. Does Orlando sort of block Tampa from promotion, or is that far enough away? Who wants more summer trips to Texas? Because the answer is not me.

How is this league going to manage having 28 teams, anyway?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The Deadspin article mentioned above: http://deadspin.com/sacramentos-mls-bid-possibly-derailed-by-last-second-ow-1791856813

I guess this is how Jed York and Meg Whitman became involved. I guess there are scenarios a-la Seattle Sounders --> Seattle Sounders FC where this goes well, but boy oh boy does the freeze-out and addition of those two not bode well.

A visit to Tampa would be awesome, I have a good friend that just moved away from there and I feel bad that I never made it. Flying down over a weekend to see an MLS match and sip some Cigar City sounds like an outstanding choice.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Crazy Ted posted:

I believe we have a name for this: THE SACRAMENTO SCREWJOB

Hey quit searching my Redtube history.

Oof this is brutal for Sacramento, sorry guys. Where does the team even go from here? The original owners should take this Nagle guy to the cleaners.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

whypick1 posted:

Meanwhile, the Whitecaps are going to trot this out:

That is just....no.

The front looks like pajamas, or a tablecloth, or something.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Reported leak of new Sounders alternate, not surprising given the teasers they've put out and mostly confirmed rumors that it'll be a throwback. http://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/01/seattle-sounders-2017-away-kit.html?m=1

This is based on a description from someone who has seen it, and not firsthand knowledge. Have to think they'll change the color of the logo to white and cyan, it sticks out too much on the mock-up. Still too early for me to tell whether I'm gonna like it. Although it would definitely look nicer with the star!

Also, reports out there that Freddy Montero is about to sign with the Whitecaps. Bittersweet for Seattle fans for sure, if true. http://www.espnfc.us/major-league-soccer/story/3059918/vancouver-whitecaps-near-deal-to-sign-ex-sounders-forward-fredy-montero-sources

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
In other news about returning Sounders: http://deadspin.com/clint-dempsey-cleared-to-return-after-heart-problem-1792373415

Will be fascinating to see how he works with Lodeiro and Morris. Could be fun if he stays healthy/limits his poo poo fits.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

LOL if you post at Stumptown Footy

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
After fan pushback the Sounders team store will now affix championship stars to any '16/'17 kit, not just the authentic line. They look snazzy, I'll have to take my new green replica kit by and get the upgrade.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

whypick1 posted:

So can you only get it on after the fact? I can't justify spending the extra for the authentic, but I'm never in Seattle, so...

I also thought you were in DC.

I should have mentioned, they are also retooling so all '16/'17 replica jerseys going forward will include the star. That should roll out over the next couple of weeks, they are still figuring out the logistics.

And that is correct, I am in the DC area, but I go home several times every year. Next trip is in July, and I'll be sure to take my kit.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Real Name Grover posted:

A lot of noise on Twitter that Seattle might get Keisuke Honda.

That seems like a decent get for an MLS team; I don't know what, if anything, he does at AC Milan these days though

Would be a slightly odd add given how similar his positioning is to Dempsey, but can't argue with the embarrassment of riches it would represent. He's apparently past his prime in Italy, hasn't done much this season but get pushed to the bench by Deulofeu, but still has tons of skill and would probably kick rear end in MLS.

It would certainly mean one of the deepest Seattle teams ever, that's a starting 11 with a bench with Shipp, Flaco Fernandez, Gustav Svensson, and Will Bruin.

Lots of variables here still. There's no agreement yet, would need contract details, and it's not clear if AC Milan would let him go before the end of their season in June. Just going to wait and see and try to contain my excitement.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

El Jebus posted:

New MLS rules for contract negotiations state all contact between players and clubs/MLS must be in the form of a poem. Type of poetry is up to the sender.

Then I guess we can expect several teams to express interest in Leicester's new interim manager.

• Locked thread