Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Dallas signed Yet Another Homegrown: Reggie Cannon.

http://www.fcdallas.com/post/2016/12/22/fc-dallas-signs-18th-homegrown-player-defender-reggie-cannon

Also there's a rumor Miguel Ibarra may move to Minnisota United. Didn't he play for the Loons or whatever they were called a few years ago?

EDIT: Yep, says so a couple lines down, heh.

Moktaro fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Dec 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

TheBoyBlunder posted:

The Rapids are reportedly about to sign Ghanaian MF Gilbert Koomson, from Songdal in Norway, for $600k.

link

Supposedly he had the most assists in the Norwegian league this last year. :shrug:

Rapids also signed MF Ricardo Perez of Creighton and CB Kortne Ford of DU as homegrowns just before announcing Paul Bravo leaving.

Hmm, not the African midfielder I thought we were after, but ok. Also glad to see those homegrown signings, at worst they'll be cheaper than Le Toux and St. Ledger. Ford could actually be pretty good though, and we definitely need more CB depth along with someone to challenge Watts.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Gigi Galli posted:

When is the last time something interesting or worthwhile happened in a non-expansion draft? Are these picks even worth anything?

The first 5-10 picks or so in the "Superdraft" (mostly college players) end up at least useful at this level fairly often, but that 3rd round pick in question will be a complete longshot. Though I think Borchers for one was 3rd or 4th round.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Nostradingus posted:

SKC have signed some Ghanaian and some guy who isn't Gelson Fernandes but the names are similar whatever I don't even care anymore

You better not sink our Bismarck deal or there will be hell to pay!

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Per twitter rumors the Rapids have signed one of their African off-season targets.

linked because the tweet isn't in English

Excellent, putting him in front of Azira/Cronin should at least make our counters more respectable. Looks like his skillset is:

1) Box-to-box with high recovery speed
2) Harass the ball
3) Find attacking players in good positions to screw up chances :v:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Also they just sold Schniderlin.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

The only reason I would want to see a team in Miami is so we can have fun predicting whether it becomes financially underwater before becoming literally underwater. :v:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Fucitol posted:

at least they've finally owned up to it

i couldn't let this joke die so i opted for a 5 min paint effort

Wait, when did DC sign Beckerman?

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Hoover Dam posted:

I will and yes I am returning next week to start the full season thread. If anyone has a better title than I'M GONNA GET YOU SOCCER then speak up.

I get the reference and heartily approve.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Do over Ham posted:

NE SSS, because Miami Beckhams is never happening. A non-Beckham Miami team might get into MLS before a NE SSS is built....twenty or thirty years from now. I'm an optimist. :unsmith:

Considering Miami probably won't exist in twenty to thirty years, you certainly are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

porkface posted:

Portland waives Jack Mac
http://www.oregonlive.com/timbers/index.ssf/2017/03/portland_timbers_waive_forward_1.html

This should carry with it a curse on the club, but I think we're about to have a good year. This will have been a more interesting move if we lose Adi to a better league at some point.

Hmm, I'll take him at a lower wage, we're still pretty desperate for strikers.

• Locked thread