Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

How many people did you have who only joined to look like Messi or Ronaldo compared to the beginners? Because that's what happens every time I find a chill league or pick up.

I play(ed) in an indoor league with this problem, so they made facility employees ref all C division games rather than random volunteers. If a player was too good for C, they were placed in A/B or forced to play only defense or keeper or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Seltzer posted:

Ha, no I didn't take it that way at all. I honestly know nothing about how the MLS operates in general and trades specifically. I just assumed anything past the first 10 picks in an MLS draft would be a garbage fire and I actually just wiki'd that for myself to make sure.

You're totally right. A ton (most?) round 3 and 4 guys don't even make the opening day roster.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

One thing I like about DC with the draft is Olsen actually seems to develop young defenders well... because that's about all Olsen knows is defensive positioning and hustle. He's done well with Birnbaum, Kemp, and Korb. Here's to me hoping that Odoi-Atsem turns into someone who can take over for Sean Franklin sooner rather than later.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

DC is supposedly signing Ian Harkes, John Harkes's kid and winner of the Hermann Trophy, as a home grown player. Big if true. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.61f23b295ab0

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Who is more likely to play in the MLS this year, Schweinsteiger or Carrick?

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

gently caress the Nashville FC people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Onyewu got a red card in the first preseason game against DC. Anyone actually see it?

Also, FOOTIE IS BACK BABAY.

• Locked thread