Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I was hoping that Orlando and NY2 would have been the last teams to do a draft, hopefully the two United's are the last ones to ever do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Azerban posted:

this is the worst league

Well, it is Toronto in March, I'm sure they are trying to push it back as far as possible.

What I'm mostly surprised about is that it'll take a couple of weeks before Seattle plays at home. I thought the champs always started the year at home?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Was Taters posted:

Seattle just signed Harry Shipp and I am loving REPLETE with shipper jokes.

I really like Harry Shipp. He was an old man at 21 or whenever he started playing for Chicago, and he's still an old man now.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

crocodile posted:

apparently erik friberg is leaving the sounders and headed back to sweden. does anyone have that .gif of him shoving someone over from like four seasons back? i want to reminisce..

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Shrapnig posted:

Shocked he didn't go to Portland or Seattle tbh.

Seattle has a pretty decent left back. If he was a right back that would make more sense for them to pursue him.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

foobardog posted:

I'm pretty certain Dempsey is done, they might get him out for a retirement game sometime this season, but I think that's it.

He'll probably announce his retirement when Lagerway comes to tell him that they signed two new DPs and need his DP slot.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

whypick1 posted:

BTW, full schedule release is tomorrow.

Pretty sure I'll miss more than half the home games again, sometimes I wonder why I pay for season tickets.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

May has two Mariners/Sounders double-headers, June has two, one of which is a weekday game, July has one, and then I was too lazy to keep looking. If the Mariners are semi-decent again this year, there will be a lot of stadium chaos this year.

And I'll probably break my liver from too much day drinking

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

thelazyblank posted:

27 is the new 40?

He's not 27

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

camoseven posted:

Click here to watch the Timbers and Red Bulls play 3 30-minute periods of real American soccer in Tucson, starting right now!

e: and the first goal of the 2017 MLS preseason is an own goal lol. I love this loving league.

Just watched the replay of that. I couldn't tell who it was, but that was an awful play on the ball by that defender.

Sometimes own goals are just bad luck, but that was 100% him chesting the ball into the net on purpose.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

shirts and skins posted:

The front looks like pajamas, or a tablecloth, or something.

Pajamas is exactly what I was thinking

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

El Jebus posted:

Chara with a red after the Video Assistant Referee determined his flying elbow deserved a red. Other than that hiccup, good goals in this preseason game between Portland and RSL.

Chara leading with an elbow? I'm shocked and surprised that such an upstanding citizen would do something like that. Next thing I know you'll tell me that Dempsey likes slapping players in the crotch or something equally outrageous.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Putting the replay up on the board for everyone to watch makes way too much sense. Although it's what they do in the NFL, so maybe Garber would actually like it.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

highme posted:

He strikes me as a bass fisherman.

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Pretty sure he got hold of a bad batch of bath salts

• Locked thread