Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

Jack2142 posted:

For shame being a Sounders fan and not showing Dempsey's 30 second goal

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/fastest-world-cup-goal-ever

The fact that Portland signed said keeper makes it more hilarious.

Adam Kawarasey's career has been a long series of great effort that is ruined by being hung out to dry by everyone around him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

highme posted:

You've been paying attention to the Norwegian league for all of Kwarasay's career? I thought we agreed you were going to stick with BigSoccer or Reddit for your hot takes?

Because it's so difficult to keep up with your soccer genius? Don't worry, you and everyone here are very special fans, much more important than your average redditor.. :newfap:

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

Simone Poodoin posted:

Portland got another tico, Jhamir Ordain from Santos de Guápiles. He's a decent full back and should turn out good.

I've heard he's a trialist, and considering we just picked up Chance Meyers in free agency I doubt they take the plunge.

Reports of the Timbers buying their second Argentine DP winger are becoming increasingly likely. If he can really play effectively on both wings or in the middle, I think he'll be a great pickup. When I play the Timbers on football manager that kind of player is my first pickup and it usually goes quite well.

First preseason game is TONIGHT! Who's ready to get back to watching this lovely league?

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

I don't think it's terrible, but it's absolutely a downgrade from what they did have.

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

El Jebus posted:

Chara with a red after the Video Assistant Referee determined his flying elbow deserved a red. Other than that hiccup, good goals in this preseason game between Portland and RSL.

Completely broke up the flow of the game. I am generally for VAR, but the format of field ref heading to the sidelines to look into the camera is BAD. Took seemingly forever and nobody in the stands had any idea what was happening until we looked at our phones.

Glad to get back to Providence Park last night, going to see them play against Minnesota as well on Sunday. As expected, Timbers are making a lot chances, but Ridgy had better gel with whomever they bring in FAST or it will be another 0-for-March.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

Poor defensive teams are cowering in fear, while competent counter attacking teams are licking their chops.

Timbers will score over 80 (25 for Adi, ~20 for Valeri, 15 for Blanco, 5 from Nagbe and 15 from everyone else) goals this season but probably only clinch our spot in the playoffs on 'decision day'.

• Locked thread