Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

But Chad Marshall was the guy who got Seattle's only yellow.

Joevin Jones got a yellow as well. Not that that matter his performance much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

Portland rumored to be picking up David Guzman from Saprissa.

highme
May 25, 2001

Apparently, DCU traded Igboanike to Portland for a 2017 2nd round pick yesterday.

highme
May 25, 2001

Things I learned this AM, Diego Valeri was very close to playing for Seattle. Instead he opted to play @ Lanus for another season and then ended up here.

So that's how I know we're not in the actual worst timeline.

Simone Poodoin posted:

So unprotected players can just be picked by the expansion teams? Then how do the other teams "refill" their squads?

There's a limit (like 1 or 2) to the amount of players that can be selected from a team.

highme fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 12, 2016

highme
May 25, 2001

I think most people in Portland are hoping somebody picks "Taylor" so Jermaine & Steve can both go to a new home together.

highme
May 25, 2001

https://twitter.com/Robert2TheMax/status/808766928571379714

highme
May 25, 2001

In other off season minutiae, Diego Valeri is on loan to my garbage rear end D5 coed futsal team.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

highme
May 25, 2001

Was Taters posted:

Did it help?

We probably would have won regardless, but he (and Shade Pratt, who played a couple of games for the Thorns) made things just a little unfair.

Jack2142 posted:

Its because our roster is full of bad old overpaid guys and useless "rookies" who were carried by our cool and good players who were all actually protected.

Probably because only 10 players total were taken.

highme
May 25, 2001

foobardog posted:

That's one thing I hope never goes away about this league. The players are so much more willing to do this than say, NFL players. We had Taylor Graham show up at the ECS Sunday League a couple of weeks ago, but I missed it. :(

I read an article on Deadspin in the past couple of weeks that was about Cam Newton's habit of joining in random pick up games of any sport. It made me like him even more.

Do you guys have any coed teams?

highme
May 25, 2001

Back to the pick up/rec league discussion from earlier. We have 60 or so people that play with our group. We field 2 coed futsal teams year round, 2 (maybe 3 this year) coed outdoor teams in the spring/summer, and a 7v7 team in the dead of winter. We also play pickup at least 1x a week and 2x a week in the summer when we have enough daylight to make it worthwhile. Skill levels range from played in college to just started playing in the last year or so (like myself). Of all those games & pick up days, there's only been 1 dude who has been a problem, and he's not "trying to Messi" he's just a ball hog that always fouls way to hard for "super chill pick up".

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Rumor: Roy Miller to Portland!

Views: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO- *intake of breath*- OOOOOOOOOOOOL! :fap: I need him back in this league.

There have been a pile of players from Saprissa linked to Portland because of Porter's trip there. It's pretty safe to say that nobody in Portland thinks this rumor has any truth behind.

David Guzman on the other hand...

highme
May 25, 2001

Guzman to Portland is official. Nagbe to Celtic is looking more & more likely.

highme
May 25, 2001

Jack2142 posted:

For shame being a Sounders fan and not showing Dempsey's 30 second goal

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/fastest-world-cup-goal-ever

The fact that Portland signed said keeper makes it more hilarious.

Signed the keeper, who then pulled out an all time performance in a shootout vs SKC on the way to winning a cup.

Signing Kwarasay wasn't the joke. Letting him go because a Kiwi got hot so Amos McGee can poach him in MN is the joke.

Welcome to GBS posted:

Adam Kawarasey's career has been a long series of great effort that is ruined by being hung out to dry by everyone around him.

You've been paying attention to the Norwegian league for all of Kwarasay's career? I thought we agreed you were going to stick with BigSoccer or Reddit for your hot takes?

highme fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jan 4, 2017

highme
May 25, 2001

Jack2142 posted:

True actually looking back at pretty much every athlete I knew at school alot of them are unemployed and all the rest work for Nike/Adidas/Under Armor doing random poo poo (I went to school in Portland).

There's at least one current Timber that has a side gig at Nike doing product testing.

highme
May 25, 2001

https://twitter.com/farhandevji/status/819997516615843840

Even more important...

https://twitter.com/RicFlairNatrBoy/status/819981315550355456

highme fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 13, 2017

highme
May 25, 2001

https://twitter.com/RobertWCross/status/823983772852895744

highme
May 25, 2001

Timbers just subbed the starting 11 into this match at the 60th minute.

highme
May 25, 2001

https://twitter.com/Ben_Jata/status/832082800153133056

highme
May 25, 2001

insider posted:

New leaked Crew jersey is sexy and Acura as a sponsor isn't bad.

:lol: at Honda advertising in the Rust Belt

highme
May 25, 2001

I'd rather just pay less for my tickets than get some poo poo I usually have no use for. Of the STH gifts that we've been given, only pint glasses from 2011 have been used repeatedly.

Other things given were:
- "Messenger bag" made out of the same material as reusable grocery bags
- Small capacity log shaped external battery
- Log shaped insulated lunch bag (I would have used this more but it fell apart within a month)
- For this year, a journal.

highme
May 25, 2001

He strikes me as a bass fisherman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

Jack2142 posted:

I think Mix wants to force a trade to Colorado, Washington or Oregon.

Y'all can have him. Turns out the "Didn't get Mix Diskerud" consolation prize is one of the best midfielders in the league.

• Locked thread