Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

MLS.tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Was Taters posted:

If Nico's like all of our South American Fancy Dans, he'll miss a lot of time with ankle knocks.

Or we'll just throw him in there in place of Ivanschitz and score all the goals.

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

wicka posted:

How many people tune in to hear about allocation money?

Zero. I think that's part of his point. But they tune in to watch the players paid for with that allocation money. And when they do they also see American players who aren't too hilariously overpaid because the money's gotta go somewhere and a higher salary cap w/o changing the other roster construction rules would result in that. And changing the roster construction rules would mean they wouldn't see many Americans at all, which would go against one of the stated goals of having an MLS in the first place. Which I think is the rest of the point.

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Well poo poo. Dempsey's not called in. That's not a good sign.

Also, I love me some Chad Marshall at the MLS level, but what's he doing in Camp Cupcake? Isn't he like 2 steps too slow?

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Tigren posted:

It's Camp Cupcake, this is when you call him in.

I'm not looking forward to seeing him try to keep up with Jamaica.

foobardog posted:

I'm pretty certain Dempsey is done, they might get him out for a retirement game sometime this season, but I think that's it.

That's what I'm afraid of. We'll still be pretty good this year unless Lodeiro gets chopped down too often, especially if we fill Valdez's DP spot soon, but imagining that attack + one final year of Dempsey was making me drool.

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Seltzer posted:

You can look through these names and tell me if a 3rd round + draft pick is worth anything
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_MLS_SuperDraft#Round_3

2016 draft posted:

53 LA Galaxy PASS

SUPER valuable.

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Wait, the Chargers are gonna play in a 27000 seat stadium? How does that make any drat sense at all?

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Hopefully the Washington Spirit signs Brooke Wynalda when she turns 18

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

NYCFC Islanders

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

shirts and skins posted:

In other news about returning Sounders: http://deadspin.com/clint-dempsey-cleared-to-return-after-heart-problem-1792373415

Will be fascinating to see how he works with Lodeiro and Morris. Could be fun if he stays healthy/limits his poo poo fits.

They looked really great for the few games they were all on the field last fall, so I'm optimistic. As long as Clint's healthy, I think this plucky group of upstarts might really have something this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Here's what we've gotten in Seattle:

2009: a scarf
2010: a scarf
2011: a scarf
2012: a scarf
2013: a scarf
2014: a scarf
2015: a scarf
2016: a scarf
2017: a scarf, I believe, and maybe a clear plastic bag to comply with the bullshit new stadium security requirements

• Locked thread