Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Simone Poodoin posted:

Jose Guillermo Ortiz is apparently going from LDA to DC. He's a mediocre striker with discipline issues and who got involved in some ridiculous transfer drama this season.

I think the plan is to just sign the Alajulense team that beat us in CCL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

highme posted:

Apparently, DCU traded Igboanike to Portland for a 2017 2nd round pick yesterday.

DC also shipped Miguel Aguilar to LA for swapped 2018/19 fourth round picks and a can of magic beans.

Both those moves mean we don't end up protecting bench players for tomorrow's draft.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Well we went and did it. We hired Curt Onalfo. :sigh: How uninspired.

Considering he was so bad we hired Ben Olsen to replace him, I look forward to your irrelevance.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Is that normal in CR to sell-then-loan?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Good news! Ben Olsen graduated coaching college. He now has his coaching GED, he's off the smack, and he's seeing a sweet young thing who loves Jesus

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/12/20/eight-mls-head-coaches-take-part-us-soccers-pro-course-pilot-project

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Hello Towel posted:

Apparently Landon Donovan has been offered DP contracts at RSL and an unnamed Eastern Conference team.

It's DC. We're stupid enough. He's an old American.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
In earth-shattering news, the mighty Collin Martin has been shipped to the north, as the villain Amos Magee loots his old team for...an often-injured player who found his level at USL and never cracked the first team? Right.

Well, he used to be a Kicker and now he's a Loon and DC get a fourth-round Superdraft pick and a can of magic beans.

Why didn't they just call Minnesota the loving Loons.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermann_Trophy

Look at this list since 2000 for fucks sake.

These are players who were voted the BEST PLAYER IN US COLLEGE SOCCER for a given year. It's embarrassing .

What the gently caress Patrick Mullins is really good.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Well, that's Jersey hosed forever. Way to trade your beating heart for cash.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Nybble posted:

Ian Harkes officially signed by DC United. The "Why hasn't Ian won two trophies like his dad, get the bum out of here" fan watch begins now.

I don't think you understand our fan base at all

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

The CCL is a joke anyway so it doesn't really matter if it's a league format or not.

Spoken like the fan of a bitch loser team that can't do it on a rainy Tuesday in Costa Rica

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Welcome to budget hell. Oh look DC is spending a little money, hahahaha

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
That's a lovely shirt. Simple, elegant, not blue.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Simple.

Simple is good. Not simple gets you weird poo poo like gradients.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
DC's away kit leaked, it's ugly and I'm not gonna buy it.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
C C C UNIT

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Remember when a big signing was coming to replace Dax

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
That's a good looking shirt.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Patrick Mullins got paid. Jumped from $90K to $250-300K base rate, multi year contract. Good for him.

We also sold an international roster spot to Montreal for GAM and a can of magic beans.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Please, please put fantasy bullshit in a different thread.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
In the last few years, DC has sent a scarf, the aforementioned bag that sucks, and invites to tons of events that basically amount to "get drunk and meet players" during bankers' hours.

They're trying very hard to get me back, and I told them my price was MLS Live (they jacked it to $80, so that actually has legit value to me). They said they'd call me back. That was Tuesday.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
loving idiots. "HEY WE HATE CORPORATE BRANDED RIVAL" *spends money on rival's corporate product*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

camoseven posted:

Maybe they stole it, you don't know!

I know those people. They bought it.

• Locked thread