Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Im hearing that the Timbers will sign David Guzman from Saprissa. He's a dumb piece of poo poo and will surely get sent off a lot. He also once was arrested the day before a match for getting into a fistfight while playing 5-a-side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Jose Guillermo Ortiz is apparently going from LDA to DC. He's a mediocre striker with discipline issues and who got involved in some ridiculous transfer drama this season.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I think the plan is to just sign the Alajulense team that beat us in CCL.

You should have signed Jonathan McDonald instead, he's way more entertaining (and not for his football skills)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sof58E-Scfg

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

So unprotected players can just be picked by the expansion teams? Then how do the other teams "refill" their squads?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Thanks for the explanation guys, it's a bit overcomplicated system but makes sense.

I hope Waylon Francis is picked up and gets lots of minutes, he seems to have fallen out of favor at CLB.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Johan Venegas is off to Minnesota, traded for a draft pick or a bag of balls or something. He's still a dumb player with no technique, but he runs a lot so I guess that's something.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

Look at how long of a career Dominic Oduro has fashioned out of being a really fast guy with no technique.

He's not even fast though, he just has lots of stamina. And he's really dumb so he never understands tactics or know where to run or pass.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

So what happens to those players now? Do they become free agents?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Ah so the guys on the list can be signed by anyone but will not be on any drafts?

I guess Jordan Smith will be back blasting crosses into the stands for Saprissa next season

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

José Salvatierra id going from LDA to FC Dallas he's a useful right back, and I'm willing to bet he'll get a DUI some time while there.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Ulises Segura and Daniel Colindres from Saprissa are definitely going abroad, they're good so I'll be glad to see them leave the purple cunts, they will be useful in almost any MLS club.

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Rumor: Roy Miller to Portland!

Views: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO- *intake of breath*- OOOOOOOOOOOOL! :fap: I need him back in this league.

He did this the other day

https://twitter.com/tdmas_cr/status/809595021053796353

He was wearing purple so of course the ref didn't give the penalty.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

They just confirmed the JG Ortiz deal. LDA sold him to Herediano and they loaned him to DC.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Not really, this was a silly transfer drama where Herediano were constantly negotiating with the guy in the last phase of the tournament, probably to destabilize the already in shambles LDA, but they didn't reallly want him or need him, pretty shady mind games and bullshit.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Roy Miller to Portland is official, but he will stay on loan at Saprissa until May because he wants to experience the loss to Pachuca in the CCL

Adolfo Machado from Saprissa to Houston is said to be done. He's not nearly as good anymore but not bad

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Dec 21, 2016

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Other rumors:

Daniel Colindres to Minnesota
Francisco Calvo to LA

They're both good players so they should do ok. Calvo is a mercenary oval office though.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

How many players have Saprissa sold to MLS this season already? IT seems like their entire first team have been sold the last 2 weeks. Also, Calvo was in the youth for Saprissa then went to Herediano twice before going back to Saprissa? No wonder you think he's a mercenary oval office.

Many and it owns, they're gonna be destroyed next season. Ulises Segura is the other one who is likely to leave and he's good too. Their extremely streaky keeper Danny Carvajal is likely to go as well. They will get the corpses of Sabo and Junior Diaz though so that's something.

And yeah last time Calvo moved from Herediano to Saprissa, he negotiated with Saprissa while they were playing a final series between each other. Herediano fans accuse him of throwing the game but that's doubtful.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Bio-Hazard posted:

Are Saprissa reaping a windfall of cash from these sales? Sounds like they're trying to capitalize on Costa Rica's recent successes, then go out and buy more players?

I don't think MLS is paying that much, and they're hiring corpses and bad local nobodies so far. Hopefully they waste this money on a foreign fraud like when they hired Penedo for half a year.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

by "they" I meant Saprissa, but yeah Portland have not done very well either.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Bio-Hazard posted:

edit: yeah, just ship a couple CONCACAF corpses up here for cheap.

I hear Pescadito Ruiz is looking for a club

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

Adolfo Machado from Saprissa to Houston is said to be done. He's not nearly as good anymore but not bad

This is done and he's already in Houston

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

Other rumors:
Francisco Calvo to LA

This was wrong, he's going to Minnesota and it's official now

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I'm hearing that Matarrita is doing a trial at Manchester City, or maybe it's not a trial and just part of NYCFC's partnership with them, not sure.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Just wait until you see FC Dallas new player and drunk driving aficionado Jose Salvatierra, that was a bad signing.

Jack2142 posted:

The truly insane thing is Roy Miller has 59 caps with the 17th ranked National Team.

Yeah insane that the team achieved such a high ranking in spite of him.

Fortunately he is no longer relevant so probably won't be capped anymore.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Marco Ureņa to SJ is a rumor now. He's cool and good imo.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

He usually played like 10 minutes in each of those 70, still bad but he has been unlucky getting starts at the club level. He's at 1 in 4 with the national team and is very hardworking. He scored in Brazil so that's probably why I rate him more than I should.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Oh man you guys are gonna miss out on this dumbass getting a DUI, Salvatierra was just shipped back to LDA because he didn't pass the medicals at FC Dallas

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Portland got another tico, Jhamir Ordain from Santos de Guápiles. He's a decent full back and should turn out good.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

World Cup Goalscorer Marco Ureņa to SJ is official now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Cool guy Rodney Wallace is going to NYC

• Locked thread