Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

fake and gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Seltzer posted:

lol, legal extortion. So we lost duvall and we released two center backs. On top of that two other defenders are injured. We really need to shore up the back line and quick. Hey how about a DP center back? I know it's a novel idea that doesn't align with MLS primary goal of tricking people into arenas to see past it goal scorers who people recognize but I think it would help out a lot.

Toronto tried that and the league literally blocked the transfer

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Gigi Galli posted:

When is the last time something interesting or worthwhile happened in a non-expansion draft? Are these picks even worth anything?

Joao Plata worked out

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

2017 is officially the season we challenge you to a ski-off or we bulldoze your community center. *flips collar*

The rules are different on the mountain

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

In American please.

It hot

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

He's gotta be in his 40s by now

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Seltzer posted:

We had like the 4th lowest wage bill in the league and we had at least one dp slot open. Instead of winning the east we could've possibly won the whole thing if we spent even just a third of what Toronto spends. Our defense is not in a good state right now and signing just one good European on a fair DP contract would be massive. Look what ex-Belgian league player Ciman has done for Montreal. The fact we won the East is what's letting them get away with their complete inactivity in the transfer market this year imo.

I can't find any up to date team spending data which takes into account the players we've let go, but in 2016 our wage bill was $5,536,504 and Toronto was over 20 million for reference.

Look a player of Jozy's caliber doesn't come cheap ok

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Fat Lowtax posted:

I hope Beckham just goes rogue and tries to plop a team down in Albuquerque or some poo poo. There has to be some random city government trying to talk to him

Garber's testicles should just loving drop already so he can tell him to poo poo or get off the pot

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

whypick1 posted:

Meanwhile, the Whitecaps are going to trot this out:

That is just....no.

it stinks

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

It's Germany for the oval office, the

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Fucitol posted:

i couldn't let this joke die so i opted for a 5 min paint effort

lmao

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Dallan Invictus posted:

Toronto finally losing their offseason championship?

Goddamn it's been a boring winter

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Azerban posted:

we still need a new coach

Bradley's done a fine job imo

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Manning and Bez are the real MVPs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

highme posted:

I'd rather just pay less for my tickets than get some poo poo I usually have no use for. Of the STH gifts that we've been given, only pint glasses from 2011 have been used repeatedly.

Other things given were:
- "Messenger bag" made out of the same material as reusable grocery bags
- Small capacity log shaped external battery
- Log shaped insulated lunch bag (I would have used this more but it fell apart within a month)
- For this year, a journal.

Nuke Portland

• Locked thread