Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

whypick1 posted:

Referee of the Year: Alan Kelly (who did such a stellar job in the final :bravo:)

I counted Alonso with at least 7 fouls committed, 4 elbows to the face, and 5 plays worthy of at least a yellow in that game. But Chad Marshall was the guy who got Seattle's only yellow. That was a terribly officiated game and i hope he's embarrassed when he watches the tape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Hello Towel posted:

Apparently Chicago had offers from both Atlanta and NYCFC for Johnson, but chose to take Atlanta's lower offer so that Johnson could go home to Georgia.

Atlanta promptly turned around and took NYCFC's offer.

:bravo:

I hear they were going to keep him but signed Guzan and dealt him for GAM and TAM.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Hello Towel posted:

Either way, it reflects pretty badly on the Fire FO.

I don't think so. I think they were trying to do right by him by sending him to play in his hometown, but Atlanta did him dirty.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Fuuuuuuuuck. Dave Romney or Ariel Lassiter would be really good pickups for any team. That must have been rough for the FO.

edit: Christian Techera and Ivanschitz are the only others that seem good value for the money.

B.B. Rodriguez fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 12, 2016

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

trem_two posted:

LA Galaxy might be sharing their stadium with the Chargers next year.

https://twitter.com/BruceOrwall/status/808737669434015744

First the Rams and now the Chargers. We only wanted the Raiders.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Well we went and did it. We hired Curt Onalfo. :sigh: How uninspired.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Holy gently caress, Onalfo speaks pretty good Spanish. I shouldn't be surprised in this day and age, but it's heartening.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

whypick1 posted:

https://twitter.com/LAGalaxy/status/808818847616671744

Wasn't part of LA's problems was that GDS was a "does whatever he wants" kind of player and JJJ is the exact same thing? Seems unwise to put them together.

Nope. Gio's problem was Keane played the exact same position. Gio has certainly changed his style and Bruce even had him playing defense at times.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

How many people did you have who only joined to look like Messi or Ronaldo compared to the beginners? Because that's what happens every time I find a chill league or pick up.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

The players on the list were dire. If they were a decent player, they were on 250k+ wages.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Rumor: Roy Miller to Portland!

Views: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO- *intake of breath*- OOOOOOOOOOOOL! :fap: I need him back in this league.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Simone Poodoin posted:

Other rumors:

Daniel Colindres to Minnesota
Francisco Calvo to LA

They're both good players so they should do ok. Calvo is a mercenary oval office though.

How many players have Saprissa sold to MLS this season already? IT seems like their entire first team have been sold the last 2 weeks. Also, Calvo was in the youth for Saprissa then went to Herediano twice before going back to Saprissa? No wonder you think he's a mercenary oval office.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Ben Olsen riding a longboard in an elf costume had completed my Christmas. Especially after the death of George Michael made me super depressed.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

He wants to win his own award. That said, any team giving him a DP contract is dumb and should fire their GM. This includes the possibility we sign him.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Why? England is a tiny Island nation that produces an absurd amount of talent relative to its size and fills up some 9 levels worth of a footballing pyramid (the majority of that talent dwarfs what is available in mls), they are something to emulate not be scared of and the idea that the PL has somehow stifled the development of English players is laughable, Cahill, Sterling, Lallana, Henderson, Sturridge, competing in the Premier league against the best the world can offer has done loads to create exceptional players.

Protectionist Policy is how Pavel Pardo got over 100+ caps for Mexico. He is garbage, He was so loving garbage he couldn't score in MLS. This is the kind of player MLS will produce if they keep up with this stupidity. Say no to Pavel Pardos, demand better of your loving league and country for Christ's sake.

It's a tiny island with 1/6th of our population with a density of 1100/sq mi compared to our 90/sq mi. We have 5 major professional sports and they have 1. They have talent because it's literally all they do. In the age old, tired argument, what would we have in this country is our best athletes played soccer? We'd dominate them like most other sports on the planet.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

Julian Valentin - former US U-20 regular - quit the sport in 2010 because he got a job making more money being the Digital Media head of the Colorado Rockies.

You also have to remember he was a lovely player. He wasn't going to make a roster anyway.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

He's got a heart issue and on the wrong side of 35. No way he can get insured to play at this point.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

You just know he's getting a job from us.

I'm already having a minor panic attack that we're not going to do anything right anymore.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Xylorjax posted:

SUPER valuable.

We haven't cared about draft picks since drafting AJ.

In other news, people are saying we are seriously in for Jonathan Dos Santos, which is awesome, and this guy:

who kinda looks like this guy:

Get on our level other non-handsome teams.

B.B. Rodriguez fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jan 9, 2017

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

2017 is officially the season we challenge you to a ski-off or we bulldoze your community center. *flips collar*

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Azerban posted:

think 30-33C with 150% humidity

In American please.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Was Taters posted:

Doesn't Stub Hub cap capacity low for weekday games due to a school or something? I feel like I remember teasing the Galaxy about this before. If so, does that mean the Chargers won't do M or Th games?

:) Yep! All midweek games while the college is in session have like half capacity because of parking. It's on the campus of CSU Dominguez Hills, which you should know from the wonderful movie Bring It On. It's the college Kirsten Dunst's bf goes to.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

It's official. I'm in hysterics. We just traded AJ to Houston for 150k GAM and 50k TAM.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

He continues the fine Rapids tradition of paying giant, slow, old, American strikers i guess.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

It's just so weird that Chicago gives a poo poo.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

We officially signed Jermaine Jones and we're linked with this 23yo Portuguese CDM. The kid looks pretty good and his hair game is on point. We have been seriously been lacking the Sideshow Bob/Valderrama style in this league for too long.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Nostradingus posted:

Remember Juan Toja Wig Night?

Good times. Still sad he disappeared into Eastern European football.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

The CCL is a joke anyway so it doesn't really matter if it's a league format or not.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Spoken like the fan of a bitch loser team that can't do it on a rainy Tuesday in Costa Rica

Meh. It makes no financial or competitive sense to do anything other than qualify, so why play more games in lovely stadiums and on lovely fields against teams that will try to injure your players?

edit: And that's just going to Foxboro! Hey-yo! :rimshot:

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Hello Towel posted:

Yeah, that's been the rumor for a few weeks. I wonder if anyone from the Fire will even be there. :sigh:

With their incredibly lovely deal with their stadium, I wouldn't be surprised if they legally aren't allowed to go to Soldier Field for an MLS event without paying Bridgeview some sort of fee.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

So we signed Allessandrini from Marseille and I'm legit fanboying over here, but there's one thing that really put a damper on my day. OM is now owned by Frank McCourt, former owner of the LA Dodgers and all around awful human being. That wasn't the most horrible part though. He bought them for $45m. $45m. That includes the stadium, players, facilities, everything. His stake in the parking lots at Dodger stadium are valued at $100m. This guy parleyed the parking lots at Fenway to owning the Dodgers, then getting a ~$2b buyout while keeping the parking lots, and finally buying a club with assets worth north of $300m for 1/6th the price.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

Well I think you can cross Sacramento off the list:

https://twitter.com/SacRepublicFC/status/826836262724202497

That went from "stone cold lock" to "oh my god what a shitshow" in record time didn't it

Amazing how that's going around these days...

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

ShutteredIn posted:

Is it denim?

I want too die

This is a good flow chart. I like it.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

In other news about returning Sounders: http://deadspin.com/clint-dempsey-cleared-to-return-after-heart-problem-1792373415

Will be fascinating to see how he works with Lodeiro and Morris. Could be fun if he stays healthy/limits his poo poo fits.

As a dude with a heart problem, I was hoping he didn't have something like i do and it makes me happy to see him get back out there, even if he's a dirty, dirty $hittle player.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Yeah they're great. I'm trying to take it back.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Nah, that was just a nod at the insane name calling that made me laugh a couple days ago in a comments section. It was an article about Montero going to Vancouver.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Dallan Invictus posted:

Toronto finally losing their offseason championship?

It was a good run, but really, chasing the all time leaders, the Washington Redskins, is like going after Cal Ripkin Jr's consecutive games record.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Azerban posted:

we still need a new coach

Considering your track record, hold on to this guy as long as you can. He's the best one you've had by a country mile.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Hello Towel posted:

This Dax/Juninho thing is actually looking pretty good for Chicago so far. Another year of experience for De Leeuw and Accam + bringing in Nikolic, and the Fire attack is starting to look solid (for the first time in years).

It's amazing what two above average center mids will do to a poo poo team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

The Light Eternal posted:

Has anyone started the new fantasy league? Should I start it?

I burned out because of life things, so yeah, go ahead. I'll play, just can't really pay attention at all.

• Locked thread