Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Saw R1 last night with the kids. I enjoyed it a lot. Tarkin and Leia were a little bit distracting, but not to the point that it ruined their scenes.

Vader was everything I hoped for. JEJ's voice is a little different, but I also think they didn't put the "robotic" filter that they added starting with ESB. Maybe that was intentional since he didn't have it in the original Star Wars, but I always liked the effect. I don't understand why people complained about his pun. This is the same guy who said "I find your lack of faith disturbing", "Apology accepted, Captain Needa", "The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am", etc. He always had a few dark one-liners.

This may be the last live-action movie he's in, so I'm glad he went out in style.

The AT-ATs were awesome, but the space battles!!! When I was a kid, X-Wings, TIE fighters, and Star Destroyers were as important as Jedi and lightsabers to the appeal. I have no idea how many hours I spent playing X-Wing, TIE fighter, etc.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Takai didn't like it.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/george-takei-reacts-gay-sulu-909154

I didn't take any issue with it but I completely get what he's annoyed about.

Nero's real plan was to make Sulu gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread