Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

RIP k :( truly too good for this world

Probably the darkest of all the Star Wars movies so far, besides the younglings bit. I loving loved Ip Man's accomplice, that dude loving ruled. Not sure why no one else uses his gun. As I mentioned in the dad thread Ip Man's implementation to garner a Chinese fan base was great. It was just the right amount of cheese without being forced and lame. They did him and his salty buddy right

What was that bit the troopers were talking about on the beach before they get waxed? I feel I missed a joke/Easter egg

But god drat that first x-wing scene with their headlights on and poo poo zooming through :cabot:

I guess it's a common movie thing but it seems the trailer had a lot of poo poo/quotes not in the movie

Was all this planned and loosely what Lucas had in his mind when he wrote the original movies or did they just connect dots with random poo poo

i'm glad they just straight up let everyone get smoked and didn't leave a possibility for them reappearing and some poo poo. Showing the great sacrifice these brave souls made for the rebellion etc etc. the ending was great and especially poignant ~~man gets killed by his own creation~~

I wookiepedia'd it, the T-15 is a type of blaster rifle. Of course soldiers are gonna bitch about their weapons being obselete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

MA-Horus posted:

There's so many callbacks it's glorious. I think that quip about the T-15s is calling back to the scene in ANH where Obi-Wan has to shut down the shield generators and he distracts them with the force

That last scene with Vader made up for "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Gold/Red leaders from the death star run making a return. No wedge Antilles/Biggs/Piggy Porkins though :(

Disney really is the grand-master of the uncanny valley. They've made pretty impressive progress since Jeff Bridges in TRON.

Biggs is in there

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Suicide Watch posted:

How did the size of the Scarif attack fleet compare to the fleet at the Battle of Endor? Seems odd how they seemed roughly the same size but one was soundly defeated when the other seriously damaged their capabilities. Both were surprise attacks too. Was it me or did the entire mission seem very costly just to lead up to something the Empire knew was going to happen (an attack on the death star)

nerd time, the endor fleet had several mon cal cruisers that were rough equivalents of Star Destroyers while the scarif fleet looked to have a bunch corvettes a couple of frigates and one ship that was larger but not star destroyer sized, they were punching way above their weight in scariff which is why when Vader showed up he cut through them like a scythe

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

N4i can we do this thread without spoiler tags? Or have a thread where we can discuss this without spoilers?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Godholio posted:

And there was a fat X-Wing pilot who got roasted, so there's your Porkins nod.

Did you catch who's call sign that was?

Luke's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

ManMythLegend posted:

As soon as I saw the helmets the rebels were wearing while Jyn was briefing them en route to Scarif the first thing I thought was, "when did this turn into a Vietnam movie?"

I thought the same thing, it was the flak jackets and pouches too.

• Locked thread